• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone else anticipate riots?

Small_Arms_Collector

I don't see riots but I do see potential gun control laws in the next 4 years especially if the house is taken over by democrats. Although I do think the GOP needs to change if they ever want to win another election.

Yeah like not run a RINO that looks a lot like the other candidate, and refuses to press the issues.

When the majority of people polled somehow saw obongo as stronger on National Security, and Defense despite the coming gutting of the Military by about 60%, and the obvious failures, and lies regarding Libya, not to mention Fast, and Furious, you obviously have a candidate who does not know how to attack.

Yet I can practically guarantee you that in 2016 we will run a candidate that will make Romney look like Reagan in comparison to try to "get the middle" which is what got us in to this in the first place.

It's just kabuki theater at this point anyway as now I see no way to avoid a revolution, it's just a question of when.

Small_Arms_Collector

Does not matter if Obamalama won or lost ... we must cut back our spending, and in January will be guillotine ... automatic cutbacks.

We are in the same position as Greece except that countries are still willing to buy our bonds but this can and will change very quickly.

People who voted for either candidate will be upset. Obamalama voters because he will be in power when the *it* hits the fan and watching all their government cheese vanish, and voters who voted against him for different reasons.

The solution, and only solution, would be another war. I would not recommend any 18yr old to join the military for a while.

You assume the war will be oversees. I see a revolution coming.

DocWalker

That with the senate results, and ballot measures (in other states to) is unbelievable, I believe that there was massive voter fraud.

Just immediately up to the election I was reading multiple reports of thousands of missing absentee ballots, and coincidentally the early votes just "happened" to amount to as much as 40% of the vote in some states, and were up to 60%-70% for obongo. Then you had record turnout in mostly democrat areas, and I also noticed a highly unusual traffic volume yesterday, like people were rushing to multiple polls. Add to that the reported illegal votes at several polling stations, and what I observed myself at mine, which was a complete failure to check people against the voter rolls, or properly verify ID's. Also I say at least one news report of the black panthers intimidating voters again, one polling station even had had mural of obongo staring down over the voters. Add it all up, and you get the most obviously rigged election in US history.

You almost forgot about the thousands of Republican voters in Florida that recieved offical goverment looking letters saying they were unelgiable to vote. They were mailed from Seattle Washington. You also failed to mention all the republican voters that recieved phone calls saying the voting was moved to WED due to the storm back east and not to worry about votin until then.

TheQ

Both parties are to blame for this horrible turd fest. Under Bush Jr. Fast and furious began as operation Linebacker if memory serves correct? It is clear that neither majory party is playing honest ball with we the people. Ron Paul 2016!!!

Ron is done. 2016 is about Rand or Justin

Shoobee

The Donald has now called for riots in the streets of Wash DC.

Unfortunately for him the streets are going to be too busy jammed with parties and dancing now.

And The Donald will just need to go on a riot by himself then.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

The Donald has now called for riots in the streets of Wash DC.

Unfortunately for him the streets are going to be too busy jammed with parties and dancing now.

And The Donald will just need to go on a riot by himself then.

Trump asked me to pass this along to you: He does not riot...his hair does! :p

[video=youtube;PDA4lcw8k1g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDA4lcw8k1g[/video]

Haman J.T.

Both parties are to blame for this horrible turd fest. Under Bush Jr. Fast and furious began as operation Linebacker if memory serves correct? It is clear that neither majory party is playing honest ball with we the people. Ron Paul 2016!!!
Linebacker started and ended in 07',with Mex gov notification(there side of the border interdiction of guns),when ATF agents were unable to follow guns to the border(where Mex gov would interdict) due to lack of personel,which was ended by same lawyers in Fast&Furious(DOJ). Fast & Furious was started in 09' while Obama,Holder and Clinton made the 90% statements,in public.There never was any intention of ATF agents following the guns to the border and no Mex gov involvement at all.They expected the traces of these guns at crime scenes in Mexico(they forgot about U.S crime scenes) to back their 90% statements in 09' to push gun-control and blame the 2A!
P.S. Katie Pavlich wrote a book on F&F with all the dates,facts,emails and FOIA info in 12'!

Last edited:

MKEgal

news stories reporting on people threatening to riot if Obama loses.
I had someone a few weeks ago who threatened to break my windows if I didn't vote for Obama. I think that if Obama had lost, he might have followed through, even though there's no way he could know how I voted.
And it wouldn't have surprised me if others in the neighborhood followed suit.

Citizen said:
For instance, you didn't even mention toilet paper.
Oddly, it was TP that made me decide to be a bit more circumspect about my emergency preparedness plans (of all sorts). A neighbor saw a couple packages in my garage (hadn't been taken downstairs yet) & commented that now he knows who to come to when he runs out.
I don't think I've showed him the first aid kit in my car, either...

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That doesn't seem so far fetched as it once did.

I understand.

Watch for whether they start turning on each other. The final years of the Roman Republic were marked by politicians using the law against each other. In the final run up to his dictatorship, Julius Caesar had to engineer seamless transitions between offices for himself because as soon as he was out of office, he was open to prosecution for offenses a little bit earlier. There were similar instances against others. A good bit earlier, some politician had helped kill extra-judicially the supporters of traitor who had planned to march on Rome and assissinate a number of (senators?). Some years later his political opponents tried unsuccessfully to prosecute him for that extra-judicial killing.

On the one hand, the late Republic was full of greed, crime, vote-buying (literally paying for votes, not pandering) by the ruling classes. So, there was plenty to prosecute. The prosecutions and attempts at prosecution had nothing to do with the rule of law. It was just a political tool to get rid of opponents.

Its one thing for liberal or libertarian bloggers to say an official should be prosecuted for, say, authorizing torture. Its something else entirely when officials start saying. Notice how no officials get prosecuted much? When that changes and you start to see more and more officials calling for the prosecution of other officials, then you know you've got a problem.

Of course, it doesn't have to go that route. It could just slide right into a hard tyranny without it. I'm not saying its a necessary step.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I had someone a few weeks ago who threatened to break my windows if I didn't vote for Obama. I think that if Obama had lost, he might have followed through, even though there's no way he could know how I voted.

Oddly, it was TP that made me decide to be a bit more circumspect about my emergency preparedness plans (of all sorts). A neighbor saw a couple packages in my garage (hadn't been taken downstairs yet) & commented that now he knows who to come to when he runs out.

Oh, my. We're going to have to work on your entrepenurial spirit a little bit.

"Why, yes, Mr. Neighbor, I'm stocking up and will be more than happy to exchange with you. Maybe you'll have some extra kerosene or those delicious stuffed salmon patties your wife makes. Happy to exchange for something if you need toilet paper."

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran

did you report the felonious activity to the police? (the voter intimidation)

Last edited:

DocWalker

Hey if something does happen and we have anarchy like they did back east when people didn't have power for 24 hours...."snicker"; that TP will be valuable trade supplies when our finacial system implodes. In the top six at least.

1. TP.
2. Gold/Silver
3. Bullets
4. Gas
5. Food/Water
6. Alcohol/Drugs

DocWalker

I understand.

Watch for whether they start turning on each other. The final years of the Roman Republic were marked by politicians using the law against each other. In the final run up to his dictatorship, Julius Caesar had to engineer seamless transitions between offices for himself because as soon as he was out of office, he was open to prosecution for offenses a little bit earlier. There were similar instances against others. A good bit earlier, some politician had helped kill extra-judicially the supporters of traitor who had planned to march on Rome and assissinate a number of (senators?). Some years later his political opponents tried unsuccessfully to prosecute him for that extra-judicial killing.

On the one hand, the late Republic was full of greed, crime, vote-buying (literally paying for votes, not pandering) by the ruling classes. So, there was plenty to prosecute. The prosecutions and attempts at prosecution had nothing to do with the rule of law. It was just a political tool to get rid of opponents.

Its one thing for liberal or libertarian bloggers to say an official should be prosecuted for, say, authorizing torture. Its something else entirely when officials start saying. Notice how no officials get prosecuted much? When that changes and you start to see more and more officials calling for the prosecution of other officials, then you know you've got a problem.

Of course, it doesn't have to go that route. It could just slide right into a hard tyranny without it. I'm not saying its a necessary step.

Kinda like the DOJ run by Eric Holder refusing to charge Eric Holder....the fox is in charge of the hen house.

MKEgal

Citizen said:
We're going to have to work on your entrepenurial spirit a little bit.
"...Happy to exchange for something if you need toilet paper."
Other than yard work, I'm pretty sure he doesn't have anything to trade, & after TEOTWAWKI I won't be too concerned with having tall grass.
I do have some other things on the list Doc posted specifically for trading, along with skills (which I think are the most valuable thing).

smellslikemichigan said:
did you report the felonious activity to the police? (the voter intimidation)
Problem is that the felon was visiting someone who was visiting my neighbor, so my neighbor didn't have the guy's name or license plate.
Also, I didn't hear the guy say it, my neighbor did (& told me a bit later; I have no reason to disbleieve him). He thought the guy was just making a threat, which I can deal with. He didn't understand that it's a felony.
If I'd heard it, I would have pointed out that there's no way he can know who I vote for, and the bit about intimidation being a felony, and had a brief discussion of our Castle Doctrine, & at least gotten the license plate.

Other attempts at voter intimidation or interfering with various voting-related activities have been at least charged; I don't remember if the people responsible were convicted. A couple idiots tried to destroy petitions last year during the recall mess.

detroit_fan

Yeah like not run a RINO that looks a lot like the other candidate, and refuses to press the issues.

When the majority of people polled somehow saw obongo as stronger on National Security, and Defense despite the coming gutting of the Military by about 60%, and the obvious failures, and lies regarding Libya, not to mention Fast, and Furious, you obviously have a candidate who does not know how to attack.

Yet I can practically guarantee you that in 2016 we will run a candidate that will make Romney look like Reagan in comparison to try to "get the middle" which is what got us in to this in the first place.

It's just kabuki theater at this point anyway as now I see no way to avoid a revolution, it's just a question of when.

It has nothing to do with being a RINO, the fact is the demographics are shifting in America and unless the GOP changes their platform they not going to win a Presidential election for a long time. The alienation of hispanics will continue to be the demise of the GOP, and unless they find a way to bring them on board they are in big trouble. Texas will be majority hispanic within 20 years, and Florida may too, so if you have the Democrat candidate winning FL, TX, CA, NY there is no way for GOP to win.

What needs to happen is the electoral college needs to be eliminated, all is does is disenfranchise voters and hand control to a few swing states. Republicans in CA, NY, IL ect.. have no reason to even vote, they know there is no way they will matter. Same is true for democrats in deep red states.

Shoobee

It has nothing to do with being a RINO, the fact is the demographics are shifting in America and unless the GOP changes their platform they not going to win a Presidential election for a long time. The alienation of hispanics will continue to be the demise of the GOP, and unless they find a way to bring them on board they are in big trouble. Texas will be majority hispanic within 20 years, and Florida may too, so if you have the Democrat candidate winning FL, TX, CA, NY there is no way for GOP to win.

What needs to happen is the electoral college needs to be eliminated, all is does is disenfranchise voters and hand control to a few swing states. Republicans in CA, NY, IL ect.. have no reason to even vote, they know there is no way they will matter. Same is true for democrats in deep red states.

I can hardly wait until Texas becomes a Latino swing state, like Florida is now. These are behemoth states, same in size of electoral college votes as CA, NY, OH, ILL, and PA. I have a good friend who is dyed in the wool red from Texas, and it will be a delight to see the state flip over. He has been singing about "direct election of the president not with the electoral college" however it does not make a difference -- that would have given Gore a victory over Bush but no effect on Obama v Romney since Obama won 50.4%.

The current GOP has mostly been dragged back to Whig status. Like the Whigs, it is likely to expire and be replaced by something else, maybe a new version of the centrist independents.

It's hard to predict where partisans without a home will go. The T-party will likely go to the Libertarians. This would then free-up the rest of the Repub's to dust and sweep their house out. Less hate for immigrants, Latino's, and anyone else not lilly white. Less demands to go evangelical by all those borne again. (Not born again -- cant happen in real life only fantasy).

There was a time under Tip ONeal when the Demo's were painted as "too liberal." We fixed that.

Now today the Repub's are "too radical extremist." And that needs to be fixed. Detroit-Fan is right. The morning-after post mortem commentators have all been saying the same thing as well.

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I disagree, the popular vote needs to be eliminated. The EC returned to each individual member making up their own mind who should be president. A president should be chosen, NOT be a choice.