• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AR OC

Michigander

imported post

zigziggityzoo wrote:
Everyone seems to have forgotten the long gun OC march in Ohio (?) that happened in 2008 or 09 that happened without incident.

Convenient.
As I remember, those were freedom walks on April 19. Comparable to walking around Lansing, or a similar, well thought out political event. Also if I remember right, those with long guns had them slung with no magazines in them, they had the bolts locked back, and little US flags sticking out the barrels. They also let the police know ahead of time that they would be there, only to walk, and celebrate their right to do so, not to cause trouble, or bother anyone.

It was a fabulous example of the fact that it CAN work, and that it doesn't have to be a regular habit, or a means to cause trouble. If we do a long gun meet, this would be a good example to follow.

wardog6d

Banned
imported post

Glock 19 wrote:
jeremy05 wrote:
Reasons to OC a AR15

1. It looks bad ass
2. You will get harassed by the police and then Sue them to make some money.
3. You have just upgraded your available firepower allowing yourself to defend yourself even better.
4. Looks bad ass
5. Because I feel like it.
6. Its legal
7. I enjoy having 30 rounds in one mag
8. In a random movie style gun fight ill have a sweet advantage taking out the shooters on the roof tops over having a handgun.
9. Looks bad ass
10. Its legal!
11. I have to lug one around at work for miles, and I feel naked without on. <- A little more personal :lol:
i think you are in the milatary..right if you are thank you for your service.

on the subject of this post....your a !@#$ idiot...........

hud

imported post

As one of the "old-timers" who visit and post to several KABA sites, many of us remember the times when we carried rifles and shotguns while walking the roads to the neighbors house, left our rifles and shotguns in our cars/trucks while we attended high school, or stood our rifles and shotguns in the corner while getting a haircut or shopping at the local hardware store. There is much lamenting of the times when we were FREE to exercise those rights without unreasonable, hysterical reactions from other citizens or assault by the police. To those who long to see those days of freedom return and for those too young to have yet seen them, I say that you will NOT see them return unless you exercise those rights and stand up for them with with all the vigor demanded of responsible, sovereign American citizens.

If it is the judgement of the owners/moderators of this site that discussion of specific firearms is off limits, then such should be made perfectly clear. I will still join the discussions of those specific firearms tolerated by the owners/moderators, but I will continue to lament the loss that such limitations express.

Be ready. Be aware. Carry safely.

steve

imported post

defcon1 wrote:
As one of the "old-timers" who visit and post to several KABA sites, many of us remember the times when we carried rifles and shotguns while walking the roads to the neighbors house, left our rifles and shotguns in our cars/trucks while we attended high school, or stood our rifles and shotguns in the corner while getting a haircut or shopping at the local hardware store. There is much lamenting of the times when we were FREE to exercise those rights without unreasonable, hysterical reactions from other citizens or assault by the police. To those who long to see those days of freedom return and for those too young to have yet seen them, I say that you will NOT see them return unless you exercise those rights and stand up for them with with all the vigor demanded of responsible, sovereign American citizens.

If it is the judgement of the owners/moderators of this site that discussion of specific firearms is off limits, then such should be made perfectly clear. I will still join the discussions of those specific firearms tolerated by the owners/moderators, but I will continue to lament the loss that such limitations express.

You sound like my father... Gotta love these old guy's :lol:

(no offence)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

defcon1 wrote:
As one of the "old-timers" who visit and post to several KABA sites, many of us remember the times when we carried rifles and shotguns while walking the roads to the neighbors house...
Why were you guys carrying rifles and shotguns while walking the roads to the neighbors house back then, d1? What was your purpose?

defcon1 wrote:
...left our rifles and shotguns in our cars/trucks while we attended high school, or stood our rifles and shotguns in the corner while getting a haircut or shopping at the local hardware store.

Why didn't you just keep on a'carrying those rifles and shotguns while you attended school? If they were good enough for carrying while walking the roads and visiting neighbors, why weren't they good enough for inside the school?

defcon1 wrote:
...or stood our rifles and shotguns in the corner while getting a haircut or shopping at the local hardware store.

Again, why were you guys carrying rifles and shotguns while going to the barber and the hardware store? What was your purpose?

zigziggityzoo

Campaign Veteran
imported post

HankT wrote:
defcon1 wrote:
As one of the "old-timers" who visit and post to several KABA sites, many of us remember the times when we carried rifles and shotguns while walking the roads to the neighbors house... 
Why were you guys carrying rifles and shotguns while walking the roads to the neighbors house back then, d1? What was your purpose? 

defcon1 wrote:
... left our rifles and shotguns in our cars/trucks while we attended high school, or stood our rifles and shotguns in the corner while getting a haircut or shopping at the local hardware store. 

Why didn't you just keep on a'carrying those rifles and shotguns while you attended school? If they were good enough for carrying while walking the roads and visiting neighbors, why weren't they good enough for inside the school?

defcon1 wrote:
...or stood our rifles and shotguns in the corner while getting a haircut or shopping at the local hardware store. 

Again, why were you guys carrying rifles and shotguns while going to the barber and the hardware store? What was your purpose? 

What's the purpose of carrying a handgun, and why would a long gun be any different?

Zukirider

imported post

defcon1 wrote:

Very nice i am far to young to remember this but i hope one day that i could walk in to the barber shopstick my shotgun in the corner and pistol on the table and not have anyone bat an eye at me, any why many of you ask because if a criminal doesnt know what store may or may not have a shotgun in the corner or pistol on the table i have to say they are going to be far less likely to commit a voilent crime there IMO

G

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
At least you are honest enough to use a snake in your avitar. I still practice what I preach.
Another clueless post.

Keep treading on this snake.

You come to the battle of wits unarmed.

G

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
At least I was in the fight. Youre just tearing up one of your own with a keyboard. Im not going anywhere.
You don't have a clue as to what a fight is.

After you've been tackled to the ground, by a half dozen police officers, with a gun pointed in your ear, all you're doing is whining.

What fight???

You got handed a friggin' ticket.

I am not tearing up one of "my own".

You are a distraction to the movement with your continued deceptive wnine of self indignation at the hands of the criminal justice system.

You threw yourself under the bus and want to redirect the blame to any one except yourself.

If I can, I will personally appear before the gunboard in Oakland county and provide them with the evidence necessary to prevent the reinstatement of your CPL.

There is volumes in this forum alone.

Keep posting. You're only hurting yourself. I am a law abiding citizen. I always conduct myself in a lawful manner. It is criminals like you that continually proclaim their innocence that I feel necessary to protect myself from.

I am that convinced that you are a danger to yourself and the public.

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
After you've been tackled to the ground, by a half dozen police officers, with a gun pointed in your ear, all you're doing is whining.
Im not whining.
CV67PAT wrote:
You got handed a friggin' ticket.
According to you, that makes me a convict.
CV67PAT wrote: I am not tearing up one of "my own".
Yes you are, on several threads. I am innocent of those charges. I do learn from the past, I am an active part of this forum, I will be joining MOC, I vote, I contact my legislature, I promote gun rights, I shoot, I am a member of the NRA, and I carry.
CV67PAT wrote:
You are a distraction to the movement with your continued deceptive wnine of self indignation at the hands of the criminal justice system.
This has become a distraction, but that wasnt my doing.
CV67PAT wrote:
You threw yourself under the bus and want to redirect the blame to any one except yourself.
Partly true, but this wasnt all my doing.
CV67PAT wrote:
Keep posting. You're only hurting yourself. I am a law abiding citizen. I always conduct myself in a lawful manner. It is criminals like you that continually proclaim their innocence that I feel necessary to protect myself from.
Im not going anywhere.
CV67PAT wrote:
I am that convinced that you are a danger to yourself and the public.

Based upon what exactly?

I took my kid to the playground, carried lawfully, and was given a BS ticket. The only thing I did wrong, was in court. Thats a different reality anyhow.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

Just one small correction...
"I took my kid to the playground, carried lawfully, and was given a BS ticket. The only thing I did wrong, was in court. Thats a different reality anyhow.

Should read "and accepted" a BS ticket...Just saying!

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
rejecting the ticket was not an option. I tried that.
I never said anything about rejecting, that would imply that you already had it in your possession. I said accept.

I never open the door till i know who, why, & what!