• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Barnes and Noble-Libbie Place

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

ProShooter wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Its red for valentine's day. My type is almost always a color or colors.

Black is a color.

See? ----------> Black!
Black is a depressing color preferred by Satan worshipers and people with deep emotional problems. The Columbine Kids liked black

Typing in black could be grounds for CHP denial and expulsion from school.
:shock::p:shock:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

peter nap wrote:
ProShooter wrote:
ClumsyCandy wrote:
Its red for valentine's day. My type is almost always a color or colors.

Black is a color.

See? ----------> Black!
Black is a depressing color preferred by Satan worshipers and people with deep emotional problems. The Columbine Kids liked black

Typing in black could be grounds for CHP denial and expulsion from school.
:shock::p:shock:

devil-37.gif

ClumsyCandy

imported post

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Just got a call from the Store Manager, Paula Gear at Barnes & Noble Libbie Place. She apologized profusely for what happened and stated that she has educated her staff (prior to my incident) and security guards that Virginia is a right to carry state and that even if customers complain, we have a right to carry! So she has welcomed us into Barnes & Noble with open arms! LOL No pun intended! I am so very happy that this turned out positively and that she was willing to listen to me and I will actually be going to the store tomorrow to give her a pile of Ed's OC Cards to give to customers and to talk with her more about how to handle customers who complain! YAY!

Here is what happened to me: I went in on January 16 with my travelling companions 7 yo daughter to buy him a book for his birthday. As soon as I walked into the store the black female security guard stopped me and asked me if I was LEO. I stated that I was not, and she stated that I couldn't carry in the store then. I stated that as far as I was aware BN corporate policy was to follow the laws of the state. She stated the manager and instated a policy of not allowing people carrying. I stated I would need to talk to that manager. She walked me to the back of the store to a female manager *who I just found out is NOT the store manager* who told me that due to customer complaints that she had implemented a policy that customers were not allowed to carry, and that she could guarantee me that within 5 minutes she would get complaints and it was about making customers comfortable. I asked What about my comfort? How am I supposed to defend myself and my child? (didn't want to take the time to explain whose kid it was) and she stated "YOu shouldn't feel the need to defend yourself in B & N" I said people walk into stores and places ALL the time! She told me I was welcome to put my firearm in my vehicle and then shop. I stated "So you want me to walk through your store, with my firearm visible, out into the parking lot, so people can watch me lock my gun in my car so someone can break into it, and steal my gun that the police DON"T care if it gets stolen?!" She didn't really have a response to that, and I turned and left stating "Well you just lost a LOT of business."

So glad THATS over with!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

jmelvin wrote:
Thanks for following this through Clumsy Candy! It's good to see Barnes & Noble gets it!

Mrs. Gear stated that her husband is an NRA member and when she told him what happened he was in shock too! And following through was not a problem! I was very happy to get a positive outcome!

ClumsyCandy

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
What's the penalty for impersonating a store manager?

She was A manager just not THE store manager. She must've been the Manager on Duty. Still not sure how she felt she could implement a policy not being the store manager...

Repeater

imported post

Super Duper!

Perhaps Libbie Place can be a safer place now.

As reported in the Times-Dispatch, this incident occurred in January of 2001:
Police are convinced that two men who abducted, raped, robbed and shot a Richmond woman after she left a West Broad Street shopping center Monday also are responsible for the abduction, rape and robbery of another woman last week in the same area.

"There's no question in anybody's mind that we're dealing with the same suspects," Henrico police Lt. Jan Stem said yesterday.

Stem said police believe robbery was the primary motive behind the attacks. The women - 21 and 44 - were robbed of an undisclosed amount of cash during the incidents.

The 44-year-old woman in Monday night's incident was listed in stable condition yesterday at Medical College of Virginia Hospitals after being shot multiple times, Stem said.

Police spokesman Tom Shumate said the incident began about 8 p.m. Monday when the woman was abducted by two men from the parking lot of the Libbie Place shopping center in the 5500 block of West Broad Street. She was forced into her vehicle, driven around the area, sexually assaulted by both men and robbed.

Shumate said she was then forced out of her vehicle in the 5300 block of Matoaka Road in Richmond and shot several times.

Shortly after 9 p.m., Richmond police received a report of five shots being fired and a woman screaming in the 5300 block of Kingsbury Road. She was found and told police she had been raped and forced out of her car by her attackers.

A short time later, city police found the woman's station wagon in the Libbie Place parking lot.

Last Wednesday, police said, a 21-year-old Richmond woman was abducted by two men from The Shops at Willow Lawn under similar circumstances. That shopping center at Willow Lawn Drive and West Broad Street is just east of Libbie Place.

That woman told police she was forced into a car, driven around, raped and robbed.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

OK, looks like MORE progress - besides the gun stores finally comin' a round (sheesh...), and WalMart comin' along with some resistence, but now BestBuy, Star Bucks, and even Borders book stores.

richarcm

imported post

ed wrote:
Nice job.. I would like to send the manager a note of support and thanks of you don't mind Candy.
You should send it to corporate with her on copy.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

There's still too much snow to get back in the farm (Knew I shouldn't have come out:X)

So I may go get a new Scott Kelby book tomorrow.