• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boondocks: "No weapons (guests are subject to search)"

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
Many gun owners are anti-gun.
Can you expound on that? I have my own ideas of what you mean, but I would like your opinion.
There are gun owners that believe that long guns are OK, but handguns should be banned, and the long guns are only for hunting.

There are gun owners that believe that vigorous screening and long waits are necessary for a firearm purchase.

There are gun owners that believe that by exercising open carry rights, we are going to get the privilege of concealed carry taken away.

There are gun owners that believe concealed carry is a right, and open carry should be unlawful.

There are gun owners that believe that only they should be able to own a firearm!

Doug Huffman wrote:
Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$

ainokea

imported post

youscareme wrote:
If I were working there, and some person pulled out a paper that said it trumped the posted sign, I would not accept it.

It seems pretty simple to me. Obey the rules or dont go. Or snivel to the owner.
I beg to differ, if you saw an email from your GM stating that CC is allowed at the very least you would verify with him that indeed he had written it.

jaredbelch

Founder's Club Member
imported post

youscareme wrote:
If I were working there, and some person pulled out a paper that said it trumped the posted sign, I would not accept it.
It seems pretty simple to me. Obey the rules or dont go. [snip]
Bingo

[snip]Or snivel to the owner.
I'm confused... you want me to hawk a loogie to the owner? :lol::lol:

Definitions of snivel on the Web:
[size="-1"][*]talk in a tearful manner [*]snuffle: snuff up mucus through the nose [*]snuffle: the act of breathing heavily through the nose (as when the nose is congested) [*]cry or whine with snuffling; "Stop snivelling--you got yourself into this mess!"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/size][size="-1"][*]the act of snivelling; nasal mucus; snot; to breath heavily through the nose; to sniffle; to whine or complain, whilst crying
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/snivel[/size]

youscareme

Banned
imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
youscareme wrote:
It seems pretty simple to me. Obey the rules or dont go. [snip]
Bingo

[snip]Or snivel to the owner.
I'm confused... you want me to hawk a loogie to the owner? :lol::lol:

Definitions of snivel on the Web:
[size=-1]
[*]talk in a tearful manner
[*]snuffle: snuff up mucus through the nose
[*]snuffle: the act of breathing heavily through the nose (as when the nose is congested)
[*]cry or whine with snuffling; "Stop snivelling--you got yourself into this mess!"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn[/size][size=-1]
[*]the act of snivelling; nasal mucus; snot; to breath heavily through the nose; to sniffle; to whine or complain, whilst crying
en.wiktionary.org/wiki/snivel[/size]
wow, I thought the only meaning was to cry or whine. thx for letting me know.

youscareme

Banned
imported post

you think this is bad.....

go to that "OTHER" site. The bickering and MODS are way out o control.

Seems that if you disagree......bOOOOMMMMM! your banned. You dont even get a chance to discuss or debate.

If by chance you feed them their own line of poo its goodbye. Sometimes you NEED to tell somone they are full of crap and frosting.

I do agreeee, Lots of times we look like a bunch of chumps. IT is sad.:banghead:

youscareme

Banned
imported post

ainokea wrote:
youscareme wrote:

It seems pretty simple to me. Obey the rules or dont go. Or snivel to the owner.
I beg to differ, if you saw an email from your GM stating that CC is allowed at the very least you would verify with him that indeed he had written it.
yes you are right....Later I would verify. But when in the middle of the situation and some dork pulls out a paper that they could have just printed and typed all by them selves......NO CREDIBILITY>>>

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
We SHOULD all be created equal, but the fact is we arent. Just my opinion.
I think you are mistaken. I believe that all men are created equal, but we do not remain equal. We all have different upbringings, different lifestyles, and make different choices that will either lift us above that equalness, or leave us lagging behind.

The key word in the declaration is created. It says nothing about men remaining equal.

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
I think you are mistaken. I believe that all men are created equal, but we do not remain equal. We all have different upbringings, different lifestyles, and make different choices that will either lift us above that equalness, or leave us lagging behind.

The key word in the declaration is created. It says nothing about men remaining equal.
Those born with genetic dispositions to mental illness were not created the same as me.

By wording of the document, we are. I guess God didnt get that memo though.
No, we are not. Creation began nine months before you were born. It is all a downward spiral from there.

ainokea

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:

Those born with genetic dispositions to mental illness were not created the same as me.

By wording of the document, we are. I guess God didnt get that memo though.
No, we are not. Creation began nine months before you were born. It is all a downward spiral from there.
Some of us were screwed (no pun intended) at conception, based on our parents genetics!

yo101jimmy

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ainokea wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

Some of us were screwed (no pun intended) at conception, based on our parents genetics!
TECHNICALLY, we still dont start out the same even at conception. All DNA is not the same, and the DNA I got from my mother and father are quite different from everyone else on this planet. Each holds most of the same genetic code, but none of us are exactly the same, or we would all be clones. Wheres the fun in that? No genetic diversity makes for a dull world, or Hill-Billies-R-Us. Like I said, we SHOULD be all created equal, the WORDING states we are, but its more of a philosophy and a goal to reach in my opinion. EQUAL treatment and EQUAL rights was the meaning, not actually being the same in form, but TREATED the same.
Why is this still going on about the technical anything on how we are or not equal? you get the main point! You guys are not trying to me lawyers now lets see how many ways we can twist this one thread?

Sorry but I felt this kept going no where. :banghead:

Smile all don't hate here ----> :celebrate<-----

yo101jimmy

imported post

you just keep fighting on what?:cuss: when you started to be? This thread is about no weapons in Boondocks. Hell I don't care I get on tangents too:celebrate but like only a few post on here had anything really to do with the main post.
That's all I am saying, I'm not going to fight over it I was just making my comment about where this post went.

I am here to learn more about how to protect my rights to carry my sidearm. not to get into debate about a big bang theroy. " you get my point?" If I am in the wrong forum about OC and CC I guess I will see my self out. :shock:

""No hard feelings towards anyone this is not meant as any kind of personal attack""