• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boondocks: "No weapons (guests are subject to search)"

Utah_Patriot

imported post

We took the time had a very good and positive outcome

Matt and Zachary,

I just wanted to get back to both of you regarding the concerns expressed about our firearm policy here at Boondocks Fun Center. All of your comments have been sent to the owners of Boondocks and have been considered as they have reviewed our policy. As I have mentioned earlier I am also a handgun owner and conceal carry permit holder as well. Gun legislation and the rights of gun owners to carry their weapons is also a concern to me. As business owners and operators, we also have to balance our belief in the 2[suP]nd[/suP] amendment, along with what we feel is in the best interest of our guests. We are hopeful that you can meet us half way on this issue and feel free to carry your handgun with you while on our premises but to carry them concealed. This way, you have the ability to defend yourself if the unthinkable ever occurred. At the same time your gun is not out in the open where people that may not have the same beliefs regarding handguns will not be concerned. I’m not sure what your experience has been with other businesses where you have expressed concern regarding this issue. We have tried to be open to your concern and feedback and feel that we have come to a conclusion that hopefully we can both feel good about. We would like to thank you for taking the time to express your opinions to us and we hope that you feel that we have been open and responsive to your feedback. If you have any further questions feel free to contact me.

Respectfully,

Michael Brooks

General Manager

LovesHisXD45

imported post

Sounds like you guys did a good job! Congrats! Although they are not going to allow OC, at least we won a small, but bitter sweet, victory in this case. Give it a few more years. After uneventful CC there for a period of time, they might eventually relent to OC when it becomes more publicly accepted.

Keep up the good work.

Kevin

scorpioajr

imported post

D94R wrote:
On topic then, did ANYONE ever get a firm reply from the owners on what is happening or did that just die with the letter from Mike(general manager)?

....I'm not however going to pursue something more for the benefit of the ungrateful.

Ouch!

well, i'm not sure if I've made your 'list' already: but allow me to say i appreciate ALL informative information concerning OC.
Perhaps we could all start with a fresh slate, with regards to the forums? I think everyone values 'intellect' and 'passion', i do.

yes yes- i know my post was a grammatical nightmare:lol:

CCarry

imported post

D94R wrote:
On topic then, did ANYONE ever get a firm reply from the owners on what is happening or did that just die with the letter from Mike(general manager)?

Yes we did, however after all the bickering I didn't care to make another post. Only a few in here really cared, the rest just wanted something to bitch about.

SGT Jensen, congrats on OCing there!

Mikes response was not what I was looking for from his email, but I feel outside forces beyond me influenced his email.

His request to meet half way and CC isn't really meeting anyone half way on any situation. Hell, I CC'd that day I was there, and CC is not the point.

I would have pursued it further after the last email, but the attitude here (mostly the new guys) just soured my taste for helping anyone further. If anyone wants to pick up the ball and run with it and get them to change their posted policy then go for it, all the power to you. I'm not however going to pursue something more for the benefit of the ungrateful.
AS was mentioned to me before on this site. It is not improtant how you carry just that you carry. What I really fail to understand is why everyone is still pissed off. I mean the guy said guns are welcome at his business he just asked that you carry concealed out of respect of other customers. This is a perfect example of how OCers are pissing people off and giving all gun owners a bad name. They want to shove their Gun right down everyone's throat. The reason they carry is not for protection, as they claim, it is to be special or machoHeman mentality that is BS!

CCarry

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
CCarry wrote:
............it is to be special or machoHeman mentality that is BS!
1456548623_799e2959cf.jpg

I actually meant more like this...

Edit- Deleted Image because is was bashing a group!

CCarry

imported post

D94R wrote:

....I'm not however going to pursue something more for the benefit of the ungrateful.
Maybe they seem ungreatful to you because the policy is fair and you are just being too pushy. You are making an issue out of nothing. Guns are welcome case closed.

scorpioajr

imported post

CCarry wrote:
D94R wrote:

...You are making an issue out of nothing. Guns are welcome case closed.
except for those of us who don't have CCW, you mean.

scorpioajr

imported post

CCarry wrote:
D94R wrote:

Maybe they seem ungrateful to you because the policy is fair and you are just being too pushy. You are making an issue out of nothing. Guns are welcome case closed.
Now...when you say "fair" did you mean to say unconstitutional? Just wondering. the argument for OC goes deeper than what you see. what about he 18-20 year olds? their just shit outta luck?
Or are you one of those that feels that if you (non-intentionally) take a life during self defense, considers the operator a murderer? Remember, our intent is/should be to stop the threat, not to kill or take a life. Thats just a nasty side effect you get when bullets hit vitals.

(Which is odd, b/c they teach you in CCW class,in no uncertain terms, to 'double tap' center mass and if that doesn't work, go for the ocular cavity. So...whatever)

CCarry

imported post

ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
CCarry wrote:
Maybe they seem ungrateful to you because the policy is fair and you are just being too pushy. You are making an issue out of nothing. Guns are welcome case closed.
Now...when you say "fair" did you mean to say unconstitutional? Just wondering. the argument for OC goes deeper than what you see. what about he 18-20 year olds? their just @#$% outta luck?
Or are you one of those that feels that if you (non-intentionally) take a life during self defense, considers the operator a murderer? Remember, our intent is/should be to stop the threat, not to kill or take a life. Thats just a nasty side effect you get when bullets hit vitals.

(Which is odd, b/c they teach you in CCW class,in no uncertain terms, to 'double tap' center mass and if that doesn't work, go for the ocular cavity. So...whatever)
The business has no obligation to even allow firearms into their property the fact that they are choosing to allow some individuals to carry IMO is meeting in the middle. 18-20 year olds can get a CCW from Maine and then they would be able to legally CC. They are only @#$% outta luck if they choose to be.