• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brown Co OC Coffe clutch Club?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
if the game starts at noon...then there will be no traffic, everyone will be watching the game...lol I live 2 blocks from the Starbucks location....Oneida street will be virtually dead.

sounds like everyone likes Starbucks & the media will be there ( I though OC was supposed to be about going about our daily lives & NOT attracting attention..but some of you love the spotlight a little too much for me )

Last edited:

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
if the game starts at noon...then there will be no traffic, everyone will be watching the game...lol I live 2 blocks from the Starbucks location....Oneida street will be virtually dead.

sounds like everyone likes Starbucks & the media will be there ( I though OC was supposed to be about going about our daily lives & NOT attracting attention..but some of you love the spotlight a little too much for me )

Glock, you are correct in that OC is a just go about your business..... BUT ....

There are many that don't even know they can carry, or won't venture to carry without support, so we try to have regular meet greets, and educational events. If we can accomplish both, better yet!

ckmorley

There are many that don't even know they can carry, or won't venture to carry without support, so we try to have regular meet greets, and educational events. If we can accomplish both, better yet!

My thoughts exactly. We can have our regular coffee groups after our "event" kick-off.
The event will attract more folks to our group, etc.

I'm sorry for flip-flopping on the dates I've been suggesting...........
Shall we stick to October 3rd ??? input, anyone ?

chris morley

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

that's fine. but not everyone wants their face splashed on TV, myself included. so, have fun at your coffee thing.

I respect your want of privacy, however, as a data point, there were 50-75 people at the Delavan get together and only 3 names made the paper that I can remember, myself, Nik and Shaun. All 3 of us actively sought out the press. If a reporter asks you a question, you can just say no comment.

Some of these events are evangelical in nature. Look up the definition before you jump on me. We are trying to win minds and influence people as well as let people who agree with us but don't know anything about the 'movement'.

I agree, we can also have meeting/get togethers with very little fanfare such as the Monday morning Starbucks get together in LaCrosse.

Last edited:

Jason in WI

that's fine. but not everyone wants their face splashed on TV, myself included. so, have fun at your coffee thing.

I would think you could just avoid the cameras, of course they still might get you in a pan shot or something. I'm definitely not talking to the press and you certainly don't want to see my ugly mug on TV.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
( I though OC was supposed to be about going about our daily lives & NOT attracting attention..but some of you love the spotlight a little too much for me )

A few months ago, I was really of the belief that "everyone" knew about Open Carry. As such, the need to bring awareness in the media was kinda passed and like you say, its time to "just do it".

Then the Janesville article was written, and I was shocked how many people that WANTED to carry didn't know it was legal.

That got me back to a point of thinking in some places more media coverage would be good.

The second thing is that I've found out surrounding the Delavan OC meet and greet that there are lots of people who know OC is legal but just figure in "their" town the cops will still harass you for it and OC'ing with a group is helpful for them to break the ice, not be nervous, and get to talk with other experienced oc'ers and learn.

I can say that in Milwaukee, the news media wouldn't cover an OC meet and greet. Its old news.

If the media in your town won't cover it, its probably old news. If they do cover it, then in their judgement, its not old news. It is a story.

Either way, I do think there is a lot of things to be gained and media coverage isn't a devious motivation.

ckmorley

Let's settle on saturday october 2nd to avoid traffic concerns.

Can the OP update the title of the thread to reflect this please ?

I wouldn't be concerned about media representatives; they've been quite friendly at past events.

Chris Morley

qball54208

I would like to know how my thread got HiJacked? I am a bit territorial, after all, I did start this.
Really don't care where and when, just asking for a little respect here, nuthin more!

qball54208

Let's settle on saturday october 2nd to avoid traffic concerns.

Can the OP update the title of the thread to reflect this please ?

I wouldn't be concerned about media representatives; they've been quite friendly at past events.

Chris Morley

I don't know how, but feel free to start another thread.

ckmorley

was not my intent to hijack.............that's why I PM'ed you.
I was just offering suggestions an my assistance if it was desired.
I apologize. What role can I play ?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
ck, was not directed at you.

no, he was referring to me I am sure. although I had no intention of high jacking your thread. I was also attempting to make alternate suggestions. I guess I failed, IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN !! almost every thread of mine has been high jacked in the past. I will have to remember to be territorial , when someone high jacks my future threads as pointless as that is.

anyways enjoy your coffee social hour...I hope you get a better turn out than my summer picnic...a starbucks thing requires almost no preparation or out of pocket money, like mine did. I did appreciate you stopping by.

Last edited:

J.Gleason

Banned
Can't say I seen any high jacking going on. Just because someone mentions a different place or adding food doesn't make it high jacking. Besides it is good to throw new ideas out there so people don't get bored with the same ole same ole.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Can't say I seen any high jacking going on. Just because someone mentions a different place or adding food doesn't make it high jacking. Besides it is good to throw new ideas out there so people don't get bored with the same ole same ole.

Thank you, J.

To all: I will keep my mouth shut & opinions to myself from know on, I would not want to be thought of as a thread High Jacker. I guess I will just lurk on this forum from now on - It no longer pays to be an active member.

Take care.

Last edited: