• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brown Co OC Coffe clutch Club?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Any advice on what I should say when I contact Starbbucks ????

chris morley

Just let them know that we are planning an open carry event and that we are letting them know as a courtesy because there could be between 15 and 75 people.

If you want, tell them to call the manager at the Delavan Starbucks.

I guess don't ask for permission.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
Any advice on what I should say when I contact Starbbucks ????

chris morley

Its hard to know what to say. We don't need permission, so don't ask for that. The manager in Delavan said a 'head's up' would have been nice for staffing purposes.

Had we given her a heads up we wouldn't have been accurate.

If you call her and say "we hope to have 50 ppl" and only 15 show up, I would feel bad if they overstaffed and had high labor costs for the afternoon they didn't need.

Its up to you, but if I were to call the manager I might say "we have a group coming by for coffee (no reason to tell them its an OC group, open-carry is legal and it has no bearing on serving coffee). But I would tell them there may be between 10 and 50 people, but that you are all very patient, so you wouldn't bring in additional staff, rather the people who show up will just be more than patient and not all flood the counter at one time.

And then when you get there, just make a point not to all go in for service at once. I think that a steady manageable stream of people for a few hours is much more profitable for them than having to bring in extra staff to serve a rush of people all at once and then not need the extra staff for the next several hours. So just be aware, if lots of people begin to arrive, greet people and suggest they wait outside and not crowd the counter all at once.

Last edited:

WisconsinPI

if the game starts at noon...then there will be no traffic, everyone will be watching the game...lol I live 2 blocks from the Starbucks location....Oneida street will be virtually dead.

sounds like everyone likes Starbucks & the media will be there ( I though OC was supposed to be about going about our daily lives & NOT attracting attention..but some of you love the spotlight a little too much for me )

Right on, it shouldn't even be about making any statements unless there's some false arrest or something, i choose to just open carry at any point, don't need any special event, however, i prefer to carry with atleast one other person, it seems like people accept it better, vs the lone man with a gun deal.

Interceptor_Knight

Right on, it shouldn't even be about making any statements unless there's some false arrest or something, i choose to just open carry at any point, don't need any special event, however, i prefer to carry with atleast one other person, it seems like people accept it better, vs the lone man with a gun deal.

Lone man with a gun will often go unnoticed depending on how you dress and conduct yourself. Even if you are not trying to make a statement, carrying alone and going about "normal" business makes a statement anyway. Teh statement is that "normal" people Open Carry

qball54208

Since duty to my Country comes first, I will not be attending this function. I have to do some "training"( I know someone out there cringes at this word)
I have been informed by my COC that this a "mandatory fun day" HOOAH!
So have a Mocha Late Grande' for me!