• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brown Co OC Coffe clutch Club?

paul@paul-fisher.com

Thank you, J.

To all: I will keep my mouth shut & opinions to myself from know on, I would not want to be thought of as a thread High Jacker. I guess I will just lurk on this forum from now on - It no longer pays to be an active member.

Take care.

A little sensitive wren't we? As for the OP whining that his thread was hijacked, boo hoo. I cannot think of a thread that hasn't been and on top of that, it wasn't. The thread has a fairly generic subject, OC'ing in Brown County. If you wanted it to stay on topic, you should just start one that says specifically when and where the Coffee club meets, otherwise, it seems you were asking for suggestions.

Spartacus

Banned
A little sensitive wren't we? As for the OP whining that his thread was hijacked, boo hoo. I cannot think of a thread that hasn't been and on top of that, it wasn't.

I agree with Paul here Glock34.

When these threads get to 3 or 4 pages long they all tend to get jacked a bit anyway. Its no big deal.

I'm still waiting for to hear if Paul wants to go out with me...

And just because the OP whined so much I'm gonna jack the living hell out of this thread!

Interceptor_Knight

Why not Monday Sept 6? I know it's a Holiday and realize there may be folks out a town, however most of us do not have to work that day.
Let me know.
Star Bucks is a good start since we have their support, ckmorley has a good suggestion, right off the HWY ease of access, I like it!

Not a hijack, just a suggestion. A coffe clutch suggests that people are getting together often and on a regular basis. Since people drink coffee every day and we should all be carrying every day as we go about our normal business, I see no reason to limit this to a single "event". The more normal we appear in our daily activities while we carry, the less extraordinary it will appear that we are carrying. If people will be there on the 6th of September, the 18th of September and the 2nd of October, all the better. A few people carrying on several occasions makes a better statement than a larger number of people on a single occasion with a media circus in tow. Why wait for an event? Just go ahead and carry.... (I realize that you carry on a regular basis, but there are scores of others who wait for an "event" to feel comfortable)

Last edited:

qball54208

Paul, Spartacus and Glock34... What can I say? I just spoke my mind and will stand my ground. Use your God given abilities like, courtesy, common sense and decency.
I think you grown men have those qualities.
Go ahead and "jack the hell out of this thread" Sparticus.
I spoke my peace, I called it like I saw it and you can't seem to deal with it.
Don't treat me like I'm some kind of uneducated little punk kid, I do not intimidate easily.
For those of us that have an opinion, share it in a positive manner insted of bantering and badgering another for speaking his mind and calling it like it is.
Am I that much of a threat to anyone? (rhetorical)

Spartacus

Banned
Paul, Spartacus and Glock34... What can I say? I just spoke my mind...

No problem brother. Thats how I chide people.

But what I said about the threads is true. They don't "belong" to anyone even the OP and after they get to be several pages long they tend to be used for many purposes and then possibly resurrected again.

I've been doing this for a long time on many boards ever since me and Al Gore invented the internet...

qball54208

Spartacus,
"No problem brother. Thats how I chide people."
Is that used an transitive or intransitive verb?
I got it, that's "how you roll" No prob man!
I do not dis-like you, hell I only know you from what I've read here. Never met you, heck for all I know you could be a cool person.
I'm a "Hip shooter" or "Umpire in life" I call'em like I see'um.
On the other hand, if I find that I am wrong, I will attempt to amend my wrong.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
Spartacus, "No problem brother. Thats how I chide people." Is that used an transitive or intransitive verb?
That's pretty funny. A few posts ago he was studying with a religious language scholar and today he is using "chide" in a discussion forum - or mis-using "chide" in a bantering conversation. There is nothing good natured about "chide" or one who chides.

Here's a religious citation of 'chide', And Jacob was wroth, and chode with Laban: and Jacob answered and said to Laban, What is my trespass? what is my sin, that thou hast so hotly pursued after me? — Genesis 31:36 KJV.

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
That's pretty funny. A few posts ago he was studying with a religious language scholar and today he is using "chide" in a discussion forum - or mis-using "chide" in a bantering conversation. There is nothing good natured about "chide" or one who chides.

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

I never said my chiding was good natured. Neither have I claimed perfect diction or grammar.

Interceptor_Knight

Here's a religious citation of 'chide', And Jacob was wroth, and chode with Laban: and Jacob answered and said to Laban, What is my trespass? what is my sin, that thou hast so hotly pursued after me? — Genesis 31:36 KJV.

Holy out of context Batman.... Jacob was angry because Laban rummaged through their tents looking for idols...

Chode.. past tense...
to loudly admonish in blame; to angrily reproach

Reality check.... Doug Chided someone for using the word Chide to describe giving someone a hard time (ribbing, etc) which is a form of Chiding...
THAT is pretty funny :lol:

Last edited:

Spartacus

Banned
Thanks for that IK... its nice to see another person who sees through his facade.

I get PM's from guys all the time who applaud my efforts and wish they could stand up to his BS themselves.

qball54208

Sometimes, you gotta go through the S*^$ to see the shine.
No matter how much we dis-like someone, they at some point in our lives will provide us with something useful.

blaze

No problem brother. Thats how I chide people.

But what I said about the threads is true. They don't "belong" to anyone even the OP and after they get to be several pages long they tend to be used for many purposes and then possibly resurrected again.

I've been doing this for a long time on many boards ever since me and Al Gore invented the internet...

COMMENTS REMOVED BY MODERATOR: Personal attack

Spartacus

Banned
Mork: If Holly liked him so much, how come she punched him and told him he was weird.
Mindy McConnell: Boys and girls often punch or push or hit each other as a sign of affection.
Mork: Punching and pushing and calling someone names means you like them?
Mindy McConnell: Yeah, it can.
Mork: Then the cowboys and Indians are lovers?

Interceptor_Knight

And just because the OP whined so much I'm gonna jack the living hell out of this thread!
A little feedback... There is a difference between a good natured ribbing between friends and being antagonistic with strangers... On a working board like this, we will get more accomplished if the infighting is kept to a minimum...

Spartacus

Banned
A little feedback... There is a difference between a good natured ribbing between friends and being antagonistic with strangers... On a working board like this, we will get more accomplished if the infighting is kept to a minimum...

I hear you. It should be over soon.

Like Ecclesiates says, there is a time for war and a time for peace; a time for breaking down and a time for building up, etc.

And I'm paraphrasing Doug, just in case you want to try and catch me up on the quote...

Last edited: