• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call to oppose PATRIOT act Renewal -- today!

Beretta92FSLady

Funny thing about the Patriot Act is that more Republicans voted for it than Democrats. Pretty awesome stats:

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/patriotact20012006senatevote.shtml

[SIZE=+1]FINAL VOTE RESULTS FOR ROLL CALL 398[/SIZE] (Republicans in roman; Democrats in italic; Independents underlined)
H R 3162 2/3 YEA-AND-NAY 24-Oct-2001 11:05 AM
QUESTION: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass
BILL TITLE: To deter and punish terrorist acts in the United States and around the world

Yeas Nays PRES NV

Republican 211 3 5

Democratic 145 62 4

Independent 1 1

TOTALS 357 66 9

S 2271 2/3 YEA-AND-NAY 7-Mar-2006 7:16 PM
QUESTION: On Motion to Suspend the Rules and Pass
BILL TITLE: USA PATRIOT Act Additional Reauthorizing Amendments Act

Yeas Nays PRES NV Republican 214 13 3 Democratic 66 124 11 Independent 1 TOTALS 280 138 14

There was a lot of pressure from the right, and the Bush Administration to vote 'yea' on the Patriot Act. Seems the 'right' got what they wanted. Heck, all of the 'nays' on Patriot Act 2006 were Democrats (Senate side). Hilarious.

Last edited:

nobama

You are correct about the Republicans started it , and when they did,the left just cried and moaned about it, now that Obozo wants it, its ok. I will bet that Obozo would use it more against us citizens than any terrorists wanting to fly airplanes into buildings. I dont like it either way. I dont trust Obozo and the left.

Beretta92FSLady

You are correct about the Republicans started it , and when they did,the left just cried and moaned about it, now that Obozo wants it, its ok

I guess we will just have to wait, and see, huh?
I will bet that Obozo would use it more against us citizens than any terrorists wanting to fly airplanes into buildings.

Yea, sure, I bet.

I dont like it either way. I dont trust Obozo and the left.

I am sure you don't. You should shoot Bush II a letter, and thank him for the Patriot Act.

j4l

Lets dissect this silliness here and now. And damned-skippy Im calling it silly. Whatever your dislike of my adjectives-they fit. Im one who calls a kettle black-as I see it.Too bad. But:

"He never attacks people's facts with actual data, primary-source citations, or verifiable documentation-
Orly? On this particular item here, I stated the text of the bill itself. Not my fault if you simply choose not to read it's contents, but instead re-gurgitate the same leftist-anti nonsense talking-points everyone who hasnt read the darned thing have been spewing since it came about.

-he attacks their sanity, their intelligence, their patriotism, and their manhood.
Damned right I do. Intelligence? where? When one contradicts the very idea of intelligence, then ya Im going to call an idiot an idiot.
Manhood? Where I find it lacking, I choose to refer to the feminine, as it's more fitting.

patriotism? dont recall challenging that other than to point out some folks' inclination to buy into conspiracy theories long since debunked in a million other places.

Such emotive attacks are designed to provoke an emotional response, and therefore force the person being attacked to relinquish the intellectual upper hand.

Again this assumption of "intellectual" anything. Do get over yourself. Being able to google once in a while does not an "intellectual" make.

As for emotions? If you get all weepy-eyed over some sarcastic, and less than sensitive comments on a message board, you REALLY need to seek some therapy. It's called sarcasm. Yes, hard to detect often enough, in mere text, since we cant really express inflections as we can in voice. But it should be well beyond obvious to most. If it isnt, and hurts your little feelings?..well, here ya go-a direct-source link you should probably be spending some time with :

http://emotionaltherapy.co.uk/

He never actually cites any authoritative source for his gratuitous assertions--and yet when others do not cite their claims, he attacks their statements as being frivolous, fraudulent, or lies. "

Redundant- see the top again, this time without blinders. As for asking others to "cite" that's simply a reversal- returning the favor, so to speak to those who seem to think there is always something to be cited for everything.Directed at some individuals who always demand cite this cite that-yet in the next breath ramble on without ever validatiing their own points-and then cry about it when asked to.

Not all things are linked in some tidy internet posting somewhere. A habit far too many of you have gotten hung up on, who have'nt managed to actually leave the house and experience things.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

Well,it takes one to accomplish the other. There. Nice and tidy.

So, it takes an individual disagreeing with you to assume that an individual is stupid? Or do you just start from the premise that every post you read is stupid, and decide as you go along whether or not you agree, or disagree, then definitively find them to be stupid? Wait, you must be stating that in order for an individual to be deemed stupid, you must disagree with them? So, your deeming the individual stupid has nothing to do with facts, logic, or any sort of reasoning, well, short of you merely disagreeing with them. So, if I were to tell you that the sky is blue, and you disagreed with me, would that automatically mean that you have deemed me to be stupid? What if I am right...am I still stupid?

Maybe I am too stupid to understand all of this:rolleyes:

Last edited:

j4l

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attacks ... inappropriate.

j4l

http://www.csmonitor.com/2001/1217/p2s1-usgn.html

Either you are lying or you are painfully misinformed...[/QUOTE]

Perhaps,if you actually read some of what you link, rather than just clutching at the catchy headlines that you were able to google:

"And the CIA, FBI, and other federal agencies are, for the first time, being allowed to share vast amounts of information ranging from phone records and credit cards statements to profiles of suspected terrorists."

Sharing information contained in files, is quiet a leap to qualifying as actually conducting domestic operations. Why? Terror cells here are sent here by terror groups who normally originate overseas.Thus the lines cross. Some players (the cell members) have operated here-and abroad. Thus when investigating them, it's a bit easier when you have the info here-and there- being shared.
It was, if you recall, one of the massive failures pre-9/11 that prevented us putting together those plots before they happened? No? The compartmentalizing of info that one agency had, which could have helped another agency? Get the drift, maybe?

This is why non counter-terror and non-intel folks have zero biz commenting on or criticizing such ops. They dont get it. They never will get it. And they arent SUPPOSED to get it, to begin with.

Example: You arent a brain-surgeon are you? I dont see you on the Brain Surgeon's forums , second-guessing their proceedures do I? No? why is that? You are by no means qualified to do so, right? Nor are you in any way qualified to second-guess intelligence and counter-terror activities of this or any other nation. Until you acquire those skillsets.....shhhhhhhhhh.

Last edited:

j4l

"He is either a well-trained disinformation agent under Cass Sunstein's "cognitive infiltration" program, or he is a well-read and well-trained freelance globalist agent provocateur.

Perhaps the Mods should publish his ISP, or at least do a search on his IP address--dollars to donuts, it's "inside the beltway", and financially connected to the "intelligence community", the Executive branch, and/or Goldman Sachs... "

WOW. How did I miss this one...lmao. 1 sec, laughing far too hard here.

hold on will bb..lmao.

ooook . here we go,genius. YOU opened this door, so crying to mods? If you really must...you already know where to find the tissues.

A) "He is either a well-trained disinformation agent" - Close. But not very. Yes, Im extremely highly trained, and yes, one of those training programs included disinformation and deception operations-although not even remotely along the lines you'd hoped for.
But any time you feel you can man up and handle it- take the ASVAB, enlist and -if you can even qualify for the clearances needed, attend the BAT-D course at Huachuca USAICS. Ill give the primer, since I helped write the bloody thing,

http://www.enlisted.info/field-manuals/fm-90-2-battlefield-deception.shtml

B) "or he is a well-read and well-trained freelance globalist agent provocateur."
LMAO. Now, for the record. I never. Ever. want to hear you cry or so much as whimper, ever again on these pages, about me calling you a conspiracy-theory whackaloon. Ever. You just killed off any hope of ever denying that one again. Ever. In that one,single line you've just permanently identified yourself as a full-blown conspiracy-theory nutbar. That's not an attack, that's not a insult. That's just flat-out calling a chair a chair, a duck a duck, etc. End of discussion on that matter,ever.

C) "Perhaps the Mods should publish his ISP, or at least do a search on his IP address--dollars to donuts, it's "inside the beltway", and financially connected to the "intelligence community", the Executive branch, and/or Goldman Sachs... "
Hey, Einstein, if you had actually read more than just the descriptions on the flap of any of the conspiracy-theory nutbar books you've shown an interest in on here, you'd discover pretty early on that if I were anything like the Black Helicopter Boogie-Man you try to suggest, that I'd kinda/sorta/maybe be smart enough to re-route such connections to obfuscate them from such traces,no? Or does the NSA often leave internet pecker-tracks wherever it goes?

Wow, just wow...And you people actually wonder why Im so hard on folks like this? Seriously? Lmao. Well your poster-child here just spelled out for you, on this page/thread alone, all the reasons why. Come at me with this sort of thing, and yes, Im going to second-guess your intellect-and call you on it. Im going to second-guess your delusions of "manhood" ,and Im certainly going to doubt your sanity.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Example: You arent a brain-surgeon are you? I dont see you on the Brain Surgeon's forums , second-guessing their proceedures do I? No? why is that? You are by no means qualified to do so, right? Nor are you in any way qualified to second-guess intelligence and counter-terror activities of this or any other nation. Until you acquire those skillsets.....shhhhhhhhhh.

You have no idea as to my background.

For your information, I have held TS-level clearances, done research work for the US DOJ, IT-related work for the Department of the Navy, and highly technical work for numerous "alphabet soup agencies" over the last 20+ years.

I helped produce a large part of the BJA's Asset Forfeiture handbook series, and have worked on certifying body armor for the NIJ. I've been involved in more research and training for LEOs, the "intelligence community", and our military than you can imagine.

Second-guess the intelligence community? I don't have to "second guess". I've helped write some of the manuals...

Research, citations, and data integrity have been a large part of my life, and as a Masters Degree candidate at a major university now, these practices are my bread and butter.

You don't pose a threat to me--intellectually, emotionally, or factually. I am growing weary of your silly "arguments", and the only reason I even bother to engage you at all is because you continue to spew lies, twist facts, and vomit a non-stop stream of disinformation on this forum.

I am concerned that someone might see your posts and think that anything you say might actually have some merit. As a scholar, an activist, an a Citizen, it is my duty to see that the "information" you spread is properly labeled as the useless drek it is...

And the fact that nearly 50% of ALL your posts break at least 2 forum rules doesn't injure my "tender sensibilities". I don't care if you call me names, or attack my integrity or research with spurious claims, manufactured "data", modify other people's posts, or spread outright lies.

I will maintain the intellectual and ethical upper hand by keeping my responses based in fact, logic, and reason, leaving you to flail about in your predictable morass of ad hominem attacks and propaganda.

What troubles me is that you are being allowed to get away with the sort of behavior that other, more articulate (and quite frankly, more entertaining) members have been banned for.

At this point, I no longer hold you responsible for your continued program of propaganda, disruption, cognitive infiltration, and personal attacks, because you have proven you rmettle, and revealed your true colors for all "with eyes to see."

We know who you are, and we know why you're here...

At this point, I'm holding the Owners and Mods to account, for failing to deal with your continuing disregard for the Forum Rules, your blatant flouting of this forums conventions of common decency, and your obvious disdain for the fundamental civil rights of Law Abiding Citizens.

Que bono?

j4l

"He is either a well-trained disinformation agent under Cass Sunstein's "cognitive infiltration" program, or he is a well-read and well-trained freelance globalist agent provocateur."

Delusions of grandeur aside, every singe thing you have typed after that line above= forever without integrity, merit, or legitimacy. No matter what fantasies you choose to entertain otherwise, on any topic. Ever again.

Why bother typing further?

Last edited:

j4l

"We know who you are, and we know why you're here..."

Yup, you busted us. We're orbiting your house in a fleet of Black Helicopters,paid for by Goldman/Sachs, and some of your tax-dollars..if you would kindly step outside, we will erase your memory for you, so you can tell everyone these were weather-balloons.
Pay no mind to the men with the white jackets. They are here to abduct-oops I mean help you. They have some nice, tasty candy in their surveillance van disguised as an Ice-Cream truck..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KNNVcAWkXo

Last edited:

slowfiveoh

I apologize to any and all who think that J4L's conduct is consistent with those who have served their country. I wish to assure you that his egregious ad hominem attacks are a result of probable unhappiness in his operational role, or the result of a mental disorder.

When challenged or confronted with something that this individual does not like and/or agree with, he will incessantly berate you, rather than confront your disagreement on its merits.

His referral to activities such as "basket weaving" are an attempt to discredit your efforts, to desperately inflate his own self worth.

He has revealed his prior MOS list, and he may have in fact worked in classified positions. In fact, 97G by default requires a TS/SCI, in order for him to operate within the TOC.

It is almost certain that he has not gone "tiger", and is still enlisted. This means, due to the multitude of MOS's, that he represents E6+ in rank. This is quite telling of his demeanor, and how he responds to each of you, believing he is above you, and you are his "underlings."

I can all but promise you that he is nowhere near as important as he claims to be, and likely does nothing more than man the door to the Corp orderly room. Perhaps he is a runner or driver to the post commander.

Either way, he is trying REALLY HARD to prove how "badass" he is on here by belittling everyone.

He also thinks its funny to call out and berate other servicemembers. A practice that makes him not only a blue falcon, but probably not very liked at all.

So J4L.

Where are you posted now bud?

Dreamer

But any time you feel you can man up and handle it- take the ASVAB, enlist and -if you can even qualify for the clearances needed, attend the BAT-D course at Huachuca USAICS.

I'm to old for that. Enlistment is cut off at 42...

Haven't taken the ASVAB, but I scored a 468 on the MATs last year (99th percentile), and a 148 on the Sandford-Binet when I was a kid. So I figure I could pretty much do anything I wanted in the military, short of be an accountant or design missiles (I suck at calculus).

USAICS--yeah, some mighty tough operators come out of that program. I'm relieved to know that some future IT-manager with an "expert marksman" badge in MCSE is guarding our rights, and bringing clarity and liberty to this forum. Thank you for your servers...

As for your expertise and connection to BAT-D activities, I am sure that is something you are exceedingly proud of. It must give you great pride to have something like that in common with Rahm Emanuel...

http://www.batd.co.uk/default1.asp

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6320284n

I have been carrying in various configurations or nearly 20 years. I have been a 1A and 2A activist for nearly the same amount of time. I have been a strong voice for OC and CC in the mid-Atlantic region for over 4 years, and have testified before the MD General Assembly in support of concealed carry reform in MD. I've been published. I've been a call-in guest on talk radio shows on the topic of CC and OC. I'm an officer in SCCC, and will most likely be taking a Regional position with that organization later this year. And I OC nearly every day.

And your OC-support activities? Oh, yeah, you live in Florida, and if you are active-duty, you CAN'T CARRY a personal firearm unless you're off-base...

'nuff sed...

Last edited:

j4l

I'm to old for that. Enlistment is cut off at 42...

Haven't taken the ASVAB, but I scored a 468 on the MATs last year (99th percentile), and a 148 on the Sandford-Binet when I was a kid. So I figure I could pretty much do anything I wanted in the military, short of be an accountant or design missiles (I suck at calculus).

USAICS--yeah, some mighty tough operators come out of that program. I'm relieved to know that some future IT-manager with an "expert marksman" badge in MCSE is guarding our rights, and bringing clarity and liberty to this forum. Thank you for your service...

As for your expertise and connection to BAT-D activities, I am sure that is something you are exceedingly proud of. It must give you great pride to have something like that in common with Rahm Emanuel...

http://www.batd.co.uk/default1.asp

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6320284n

I have been carrying in various configurations or nearly 20 years. I have been a 1A and 2A activist for nearly the same amount of time. I have been a strong voice for OC and CC in the mid-Atlantic region for over 4 years, and have testified before the MD General Assembly in support of concealed carry reform in MD. I've been published. I've been a call-in guest on talk radio shows on the topic of CC and OC. I'm an officer in SCCC, and will most likely be taking a Regional position with that organization later this year. And I OC nearly every day.

And your OC-support activities? Oh, yeah, you live in Florida, and if you are active-duty, you CAN'T CARRY a personal firearm unless you're off-base...

'nuff sed...

For the record- BAT-D is a mandatory course for all DET-D personnel as well- little marksmanship badges, really?

"And your OC-support activities? Oh, yeah, you live in Florida,"

Rly? Well genius, I happen to be setting up the campaign for a pro-2a candidate's run for the Senate. Rather than cry about what laws we cant have our way, we're working directly to-hopefully- be in a more direct position to help MAKE the fng law our way. Kudos to your efforts,if they work out, so by all means preach to the choir on radio....:rolleyes:

Dreamer

He has revealed his prior MOS list, and he may have in fact worked in classified positions. In fact, 97G by default requires a TS/SCI, in order for him to operate within the TOC.

Actually under CINCOS, the Army's MOS 97G was deleted in 1997, and positions were rolled into/transferred to MOS 96B, 97B and 98K...

Just sayin'...

j4l

I apologize to any and all who think that J4L's conduct is consistent with those who have served their country. I wish to assure you that his egregious ad hominem attacks are a result of probable unhappiness in his operational role, or the result of a mental disorder.

When challenged or confronted with something that this individual does not like and/or agree with, he will incessantly berate you, rather than confront your disagreement on its merits.

His referral to activities such as "basket weaving" are an attempt to discredit your efforts, to desperately inflate his own self worth.

It is almost certain that he has not gone "tiger", and is still enlisted. This means, due to the multitude of MOS's, that he represents E6+ in rank. This is quite telling of his demeanor, and how he responds to each of you, believing he is above you, and you are his "underlings."

I can all but promise you that he is nowhere near as important as he claims to be, and likely does nothing more than man the door to the Corp orderly room. Perhaps he is a runner or driver to the post commander.

Either way, he is trying REALLY HARD to prove how "badass" he is on here by belittling everyone.

He also thinks its funny to call out and berate other servicemembers. A practice that makes him not only a blue falcon, but probably not very liked at all.

So J4L.

Where are you posted now bud?

Been out for nearly 20 yrs. And Badass ? Ask Escobar, he seemed to have thought things were about as badass as they needed to that day.

Discredit? No need, he did that all on his own with conspiracy theories and other fantasties. As did our other "serviceman" who-by the way, opened his own door to being called out when attempting to claim SF contact/knowledge he plainly lacked.
So you bet yer ass he got called out on it, and hard.

"rather than confront your disagreement on its merits."
Why this assumption that just because someone says something-that there's any "merit" to it? When/if I encounter some, I address it as such. Not happening though, with a crybaby conspiracy-theorist academia wannabe.