• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calling all school zone maps!

Wangmuf

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
Appleton, WI. Area School Zone Map is Complete

How many square miles, and what is the population density of this area? 34 schools in what appears to be very close proximity seems a bit excessive.

Edit: Quote didn't include the map. The one I'm referencing is the one on I believe page 2.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Appleton, WI. Area School Zone Map is Complete

How many square miles, and what is the population density of this area? 34 schools in what appears to be very close proximity seems a bit excessive.

Edit: Quote didn't include the map. The one I'm referencing is the one on I believe page 2.
Look at this link and you will see the whole map that I have so far for Wisconsin.
It is created on Google Earth and you can zoom in to street level if needed.

According to Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appleton,_Wisconsin), the population was 72085 at the 2009 census with an approximate 21.4 sq. mi.

Every school in Appleton is mapped. It isn't excessive, it's ridiculous. We may need the schools but we sure don't need the school zones to go along with them.

http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1274824#Post1274824

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

If I have a right to carry and I have a right to walk down the street, then imposing a school zone restriction infringes on both rights at the same time.

Since this is the case for so many of us in Wisconsin, wouldn't it make sense to file a class action law suit against the state?

Is this possible? If so, it would make more sense because, the cost of bringing suit would be covered by the settlement which would be more than likely settled out of court.

I have to wonder if such a suit was filed if the state would allow this to go to court or if the state would amend or repeal the laws on its own to save the cost of the judgment.