• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Cheapest Ammunition is at Walmart!?

twoskinsonemanns

Not all ARs are long guns. Techno had a pistol. I have an AK pistol and now so does he. Kinda hard to find a holster for an AR or AK pistol though.;)

Agreed! :D

But the comment was directed at "these ARs", apparently the pics posted were the object of the comment.

waterfowl woody

So rather than giving the small local shop your business you have Walmart price match it instead? :confused:

No. called the local shop to see if these where in stock, no they aren't, and how much.

happened to be at wal mart later and there they are.

hope that's gonna be ok. boy you post something on here and people will just pick it apart.

DeltaOps

Bought a 100 rounds of 45acp from walmart for $32 after tax. I love walmart. I do most of my shopping at walmart. I always try to find good deals and usually I will find them at walmart. Sometimes other places have them, but normally the local shop is more exspensive. I go where I can get the best deals without having to buy online. Sometimes I will buy online too though.

Walked into a local shop in enumclaw OC'n. The owner looked at me, seen my gun, kinda gave me a wierd look and then asked if I needed any help. Told him I seen the place online and wanted to come check it out. He acted like I was bothering him. He went back into the office and started doing some work on something while I looked around. Prices were a little pricey but I really wanted to buy something. Another customer came in, he looked at me with another wierd look so I just left. He had some cool stuff but just didn't feel comfy. Some day I may go back in, but right now I have no need to go out of my way with the way gas prices are.

amlevin

Bought a 100 rounds of 45acp from walmart for $32 after tax. I love walmart. I do most of my shopping at walmart. I always try to find good deals and usually I will find them at walmart.

Ever wonder why Wal-Mart doesn't have any Chinese Made ammo? The majority of what they sell does come from China, why not ammo?

tombrewster421

Ever wonder why Wal-Mart doesn't have any Chinese Made ammo? The majority of what they sell does come from China, why not ammo?

I'm pretty sure that the Tula brand ammo in the black box is Chinese. Ironically I've had less issues with it in my Glock than the Winchester white box stuff.

WalkingWolf

I'm pretty sure that the Tula brand ammo in the black box is Chinese. Ironically I've had less issues with it in my Glock than the Winchester white box stuff.

The only ammo I have bought from Walmart has been for the shotgun. I buy my ammo online. I did try to buy some 38spl from Walmart but they had no ammo that was pure lead.

Last edited:

mpguy

Tula is Russian. Tula is a well-know city/arsenal there. Steel cased so it's much cheaper.

To me it's dirtier than most brass. Doesn't bother me, just a little extra cleaning. Not sure if it's harder on the gun anyways. I've chewed through 150 rounds with no and will continue to do so until I get my reload kit at the first of the year .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Metalhead47

To me it's dirtier than most brass. Doesn't bother me, just a little extra cleaning. Not sure if it's harder on the gun anyways. I've chewed through 150 rounds with no and will continue to do so until I get my reload kit at the first of the year .

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Harder on the gun? Perhaps, but not surprising. It's made by the same folks who came up with the AK47 & Mosin-Nagant. They are strong like boool.

tombrewster421

Tula is Russian. Tula is a well-know city/arsenal there. Steel cased so it's much cheaper.

That's weird, I swore the package said made in china on it. I'll have to check when I get home just to be sure.

I wonder, could different calibers possibly be outsourced to china like we do here for so many things?

Grim_Night

Last edited:

Grim_Night

I really don't need to buy ammo in 500-1000 round chunks lol... $40-50 for 100 rounds isn't bad for self defence ammo for my gun and a 100-200 rounds every couple months isn't bad for range use and I can get that stuff at walmart for about $.30 a bullet... would be glad to fine it cheaper somewhere since that ammo is just going to the range...

Vitaeus

We are finding that buying ammo on-line is really about the same as Wal-Mart unless we buy in greater than 100round lots, which is tough since we use a few hundred a month at the range. We have stocked up and now just buy replacements for stuff we use at the range each month.

sudden valley gunner

How does the "majority" of what Wal-Mart sells differ the "majority" of what any other store sells?

I hope China decides to get into mass production of Ammo, would love to see prices come down for this.

Economically I bet the reason China doesn't sell a lot of ammo is because they can't compete in our market much with other countries like U.S. who do it well and fairly cheaply. This is what most things boil down too. From farming to industry, trade equals this out and gives populations the best bang for their buck. "Protectionism" ruins a better way of life for us and our trading partners.

massivedesign

I reload, but honestly I can't beat the price of RBS Ammunition in Burlington or Freedom Munitions. Couple that with the sales they sometimes have and it's a steal! Yes, they are factory reloads, but I have shot thousands of RBS 9mm and never had one issue. I have not personally tried Freedom yet, but have a lot of friends who do and will be buying from them later this month.