• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper shooting

mk4

spelling?!? we don' need no steenking spelling! :lol:

mk4

so... we're almost 2 weeks since the shooting and still nothing of any substance from the vaunted investigators. nothing! :rolleyes:

Repeater

So now the old man club is questioning whether or not Raven is a cop so they can discredit everything he says. The old man club also is biased against the prosecutor since he is the son of a retired cop they believe he will make dishonest decisions. Ha luckily there are others than the old man club that advocate gun rights the right way.

Welcome back. I really didn't know if you would return.

Regarding "Raven" - I don't know what this person is, but why do you assume "Raven" is male? Perhaps "Raven" is female.

Do you know "Raven" perhaps?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
so... we're almost 2 weeks since the shooting and still nothing of any substance from the vaunted investigators. nothing! :rolleyes:

Yeah, the media has dropped it and it's looking worse for them and more like a coverup, every day.

Repeater

"Testilying"

Let us not forget that in an article published in the Washburn Law Review (vol. 39) by Jennifer Koepke regarding the "problem of police perjury" that a LEO is, from her research, MORE LIKELY to be struck by lightning than prosecuted for perjury.

And Alan Dershowitz published an article in the Harvard Law Review stating that the most commonly committed felony in the US is Perjury, and over 100,000 instances of perjury are committed EVERY YEAR in US courts--by LEOs. And that was in 1999.

Perjury among middle-aged female Sunday-school teachers is relative unheard of.

Do the math, folks...

The term used is "Testilying" -- a merging of "testifying" and "lying" -- it's a terrible problem:

Testilying: Police Perjury And What To Do About It
Whether it is conjecture by individual observers, a survey of criminal attorneys, or a more sophisticated study, the existing literature demonstrates a widespread belief that testilying is a frequent occurrence. Of course, there is Alan Dershowitz's well known assertion (made long before his participation in the O.J. Simpson case) that "almost all" officers lie to convict the guilty. Dershowitz may have been engaging in hyperbole, but his claim is not as far off as one might think. In one survey, defense attorneys, prosecutors, and judges estimated that police perjury at Fourth Amendment suppression hearings occurs in twenty to fifty percent of the cases. Jerome Skolnick, a veteran observer of the police, has stated that police perjury of this type is "systematic." Even prosecutors or at least former *1042 prosecutors use terms like "routine," "commonplace," and "prevalent" to describe the phenomenon. Few knowledgeable persons are willing to say that police perjury about investigative matters is sporadic or rare, except perhaps the police, and, as noted above, even many of them believe it is common enough to merit a label all its own.

Your constitutional rights in court should not be subject to a coin-toss.

Marco

Too many why's for many to believe there isn't some non sense going on.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/newsdesk/2012/02/10/police-officer-who-shot-woman-was-being-dragged/

“While attempting to retrieve her identification, the woman suddenly closed her driver’s-side window, trapping the officer’s arm, and started driving away, dragging the officer alongside,” Tyler said in a news release Friday.

Why are they (police spokes person) reporting the involved officer's statements as fact???
He clearly has a something vested in seeing this go away.

This should read allegedly trapping/dragging!!!!!!!

Are they trying to convince potential jurors before this thing even goes to court, if it ever makes it there.
:eek:

I find it mighty coincidental that the dash cam wasn't working and the witness statements are being discredited.
Especially enlight of the police using folks like the witness everyday to get warrants against non sworn folks.

Why hasn't the offical reason for the officer being dispatch been release?
Why was the officer's arm inside her vehicle in the first place?
Why hasn't the officer's name been released?
Why hasn't there been any evidence to backup the officer's statements yet the police spokes person is stating the officer side as fact?

Too many why's for many to believe there isn't some non sense going on.

My prayers go out to Mr. Cook and family, glad this wasn't my loved one.

Last edited:

Repeater

Dreamer,
I don't disagree with you that there are bad apples out there. What myself and other members are trying to portray is that the overall feeling on this forum is anti police. They don't like any police, not just the bad ones. It's evident in their prior post history. They already concluded this officer is guilty of cold blooded murder and lying. What I am saying is to hold off on assumptions and let facts come out and the investigation reveal itself.

I like you, or I did. I don't really understand why you choose to make categorical assertions about us here. "They" in reference to this forum implies all of us. Don't include me. I'm not anti police officer; I am however anti misconduct in office.

I draw no conclusions regarding this incident in Culpeper. Rather, I am already doing what you advise:

"What I am saying is to hold off on assumptions and let facts come out and the investigation reveal itself."

Last edited:

Sheriff

why delete your posts?
by chance did your 'agency' catch on to your antics and now you're trying to cover your tracks?

They are deleted from view, but they aren't permanently deleted from the records. There's no way he/she can cover their tracks if a subpoena for records is issued.

Sheriff

Uh huh. You posted it before:

"An authority is a published source of law that can back your claim up - statute, ordinance, court case, newspaper article covering a legal issue, etc."

I provided Court cases:

Moss v. Harwood, 102 Va. 386 (1904); Tronfeld v. Nationwide Mut. Ins. Co., 272 Va. 709 (2006); Fleming v. Moore, 221 Va. 884 (1981) See also, Kelley v. Tanoos, 840 N.E.2d 342 (Ind. Ct. App. 2005); Scott v. Cooper, 226 A.D.2d 360 (1996); Barrett v. Rosenthal, 40 Cal. 4th 33 (2006).

As for the rest of your rambling, I get it, you want an echo chamber. So what you want to do now is the very thing that you accuse the police of doing. Silence dissent. How ironic.

I've made my point. I don't need to try to reason with the unreasonable any further.

I'll leave you and your buddies to wallow in ignorance, while you pretend to be more intelligent than you are. I'll take my leave of you and your ilk.

As I mentioned to you in the PM, I'll scramble my password, delete my posts and bid you farewell.

quoted 2-21-2012

Repeater

So does this mean Raven is gone?

Poe:
Then this ebony bird beguiling my sad fancy into smiling,
By the grave and stern decorum of the countenance it wore,
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -
Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'

Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'

Sorry. Couldn't help myself. I lack self-control.

Last edited:

wylde007

by chance did your 'agency' catch on to your antics and now you're trying to cover your tracks?
She's so intelligent as to have missed that lesson on how the internet is "forever". Don't think members of this forum haven't documented her, umm, "contributions".

(See also: Sheriff's post above)

NovaCop

Police are not necessary in our society? Really? I can't believe I'm hearing such ignorant rants. You can't realistically imagine a society without enforcers of law? A lawless country? Hahaha just take a trip to Somalia.

Hahaha and the police are suppose to be the "uneducated" ones hahaha. Forget this site... Have fun in your bubble world.

mk4

They are deleted from view, but they aren't permanently deleted from the records. There's no way he/she can cover their tracks if a subpoena for records is issued.

we know that, but do you think raven's got the first clue? ruh roh, reorge... :uhoh:

Sheriff

She's so intelligent as to have missed that lesson on how the internet is "forever". Don't think members of this forum haven't documented her, umm, "contributions".

(See also: Sheriff's post above)

Yes sir, if we quote every word he/she says here, it can't be erased from view any longer.

It's a small world, especially when you are dealing with Virginia people talking in a Virginia forum. This Raven could be the Culpeper cop? Stranger things have happened.

mk4

...Forget this site... Have fun in your bubble world.

you leaving us, again, Rav... errr... whatever. buh bye.

oh, watch out for that screen door on your way out. it packs a wallop.