• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper shooting

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I like it when people quote NovaCrap229's posts. That's the only way I get to read his gibberish.

You need to take him off ignore. He's been a lot of fun lately. You know he could make more money elsewhere, don't you?:lol:

mk4

You need to take him off ignore. He's been a lot of fun lately. You know he could make more money elsewhere, don't you?:lol:

where? down at the dunkin' protecting the powdered and glazed? :lol:

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Luckily people like me (college degree and more, who could get a higher paying job elsewhere) are willing to do a job that's absolutely NECESSARY in our society.

Intentional issue conflation. That some elements of the job may be necessary in no way implies the same about every element, least of all the ones being criticized presently.

I'm just going to point out, again, that the chorus of apologist-professionals continues to deny the existence of a problem, reassert their supposed critical importance, and making ad hominem attacks and attempts to destroy credibility of anybody who criticizes them. But never, never have they accepted (or will they ever, seemingly) the existence of systemic problems, systematic abuses, and a need for reform, much less presented anything resembling a path to said reform.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
She'll never have standing to sue them for affecting criminal proceedings against her, because she's dead. :cuss:

Several times Raven and Novacop referred to the incident as a possible "mistake".
That "mistake" resulted in a Police Officer shooting her 6 to 9 times, a number of them when he was clearly free from the window if in fact he ever was caught in it.

So, YES...she is damn sure is dead and they call it a "mistake".

Felix

BTW....I One of my sources said it was you going supersonic over my deer stand:lol::lol: (Just kidding)

Yea, I saw you took a shot at the brotherhood (of jet jockeys) a couple weeks ago, Peter. I even had a lengthy reply typed up but subsequently decided it would be in poor taste to pull the thread that far off track.

I've been the WingCo (Wing Commander) at two bases and have received my share of noise complaints from irate civilians. My secretary had standing orders to just forward the calls to the public affairs (PA) office for a PC response. You know, 'Thanks for your interest in national security' BS or something similar.

Actually, I'm just teasing you Peter. We took noise complaints quite seriously and my DO (Director of Ops) followed up on every one to see if we could figure out who caused the complaint and if any flying regs were being violated and if any operational changes in the approved low level route tracks could be made to mitigate the disruptions to our neighbors' lives. We even had to report (in aggregate form) the monthly noise complaints to the Air Division and what corrective actions, if any, were taken. So my report card could be influenced, in some small part, by a curmudgeon in a deer stand...whether it was genuine or he was just getting his jollies off by tweaking the WingCo's nose.

Of course, I'm sure any noise complaints you've made were genuine. ;)

Sarah, "If any more calls come in from Peter Nap, don't even route them to PA. Just hang up on him." :banghead:

mk4

She'll never have standing to sue them for affecting criminal proceedings against her, because she's dead. :cuss:

tried, sentenced and executed... in a matter of seconds, at the scene! :cuss:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yea, I saw you took a shot at the brotherhood (of jet jockeys) a couple weeks ago, Peter. I even had a lengthy reply typed up but subsequently decided it would be in poor taste to pull the thread that far off track.

I've been the WingCo (Wing Commander) at two bases and have received my share of noise complaints from irate civilians. My secretary had standing orders to just forward the calls to the public affairs (PA) office for a PC response. You know, 'Thanks for your interest in national security' BS or something similar.

Actually, I'm just teasing you Peter. We took noise complaints quite seriously and my DO (Director of Ops) followed up on every one to see if we could figure out who caused the complaint and if any flying regs were being violated and if any operational changes in the approved low level route tracks could be made to mitigate the disruptions to our neighbors' lives. We even had to report (in aggregate form) the monthly noise complaints to the Air Division and what corrective actions, if any, were taken. So my report card could be influenced, in some small part, by a curmudgeon in a deer stand...whether it was genuine or he was just getting his jollies off by tweaking the WingCo's nose.

Of course, I'm sure any noise complaints you've made were genuine. ;)

Sarah, "If any more calls come in from Peter Nap, don't even route them to PA. Just hang up on him." :banghead:

Bob said to fasten my seat belt and wait for the whuppin:lol:

Felix

Bob said to fasten my seat belt and wait for the whuppin:lol:

Ah, I wondered who your "source" was. Dr Bob is one smart guy, MIT grad, advises the SecDef on technology issues. Totally unpretentious though. Meet him on the street in blue jeans or talk to him in a social setting and you wouldn't know him from your next-door neighbor.

Are you two friends?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Ah, I wondered who your "source" was. Dr Bob is one smart guy, MIT grad, advises the SecDef on technology issues. Totally unpretentious though. Meet him on the street in blue jeans or talk to him in a social setting and you wouldn't know him from your next-door neighbor.

Are you two friends?

He comes down once in a while. You should try for one of the monthly dinners.

NovaCop

Petey,

When did I ever say the officer in this incident made a mistake? Not once. In fact I said withhold judgement because I wasn't there nor do I know any evidence. He was clearly free? How would you know that? You were there? You saw cameras? You are interviewing everyone involved first hand? You just confirm what we are all saying about your speculation.

mk4

Petey,

When did I ever say the officer in this incident made a mistake? Not once. In fact I said withhold judgement because I wasn't there nor do I know any evidence. He was clearly free? How would you know that? You were there? You saw cameras? You are interviewing everyone involved first hand? You just confirm what we are all saying about your speculation.

it would seem, from what little info has been disseminated, that shots 2 through X occurred after the first shot broke the window out, and if you believe the officer's arm was temporarily trapped, his arm was freed. how do you, as a professed leo, justify the additional shots fired into the back/rear of the vehicle, in an area putting a larger population at extreme risk of a stray shot? please, enlighten us.

Marco

In fact I said withhold judgement because I wasn't there nor do I know any evidence.

Did you say these same things to the LE spokes person????
As they are stating the involved officers reculation of the events as fact.

speculation.

http://blogs.fredericksburg.com/news...being-dragged/

“While attempting to retrieve her identification, the woman suddenly closed her driver’s-side window, trapping the officer’s arm, and started driving away, dragging the officer alongside,” Tyler said in a news release Friday.

Clearly, this is speculation as this officer wasn't there!
He is merely stating what the involved officer told him or what someone wants the public to believe.
The offical investigation isn't concluded and no info has been released, so who is his source, if not the officer or dashcam.
IMHO, LE is clearly attempting to taint the jury pool!!!!!!

Why are you and a few others trying so hard to get us to withhold judgement and not state our distaste for the events that lead to this womans untimely demise????

Last edited:

NovaCop

Mk,
You are asking me to speculate and also believe what has unofficially been released. I already said I withhold judgement.

However if you want to play scenarios...
What if when she drove off his arm got caught between the seat and frame and he was being dragged? Would you still shoot? Once again I'm not saying that's what I believe happened but to say there was no reason to shoot multiple times is premature at this point.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Mk,
You are asking me to speculate and also believe what has unofficially been released. I already said I withhold judgement.

However if you want to play scenarios...
What if when she drove off his arm got caught between the seat and frame and he was being dragged? Would you still shoot? Once again I'm not saying that's what I believe happened but to say there was no reason to shoot multiple times is premature at this point.

Sorry Tinkerbelle. I had important things to do.
Now what were you saying...or were you saying anything now that Officer Raven is back at her dispatch job.