• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defeat Senate Bill 96!

scorpioajr

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER hide your true self...

If you are an uneducated, ill tempered, foul mouthed, twit of a hillbilly, Don't be ashamed and hide it from us...

LET IT OUT!!!!

JoeSparky
Protectedby9mm and I last weekend, we got @#$%faced drunk and chased local H.S. girls.....

As Protectedby9mm tell it, he even knew what to do when he caught them.

JoeSparky
SOMEBODY better say "Just Kidding" soon before my wife kicks me to the couch! :D:D:p

Its cute how your subtle hadred for me comes out.

Subtle? We got it just fine! :p j/k

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
As Protectedby9mm tell it, he even knew what to do when he caught them.

JoeSparky

Its cute how your subtle hatred for me comes out.:shock:

EDIT @#$%, "spelling police" mispelled hatred.

We only correct those we care about and in whom we see the greatest potential for growth!

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Back on topic.....Im gonna piss the board off here(unintentionally) but I agree with the PREMISE of only allowing those individuals that reside in a state THAT specific states license.

It makes sense to me for oversight reasons and other logistics reasons. Seems to me if you dont live in the state get one from your own. If they dont allow it, then petition your legislature and get it on the bill. ALTHOUGH, I think the minor revenue it brings to us is a plus.

I'd love to see the day when I could just get a federal license to CC anywhere, but that comes with HUGE problems as it is. You know, the feds controlling things and less state control, big brother and all whom I already hate.So its not really that good of an option anyway.

I know all of you would like ALL gun control abolished, but like Ive said before, just because its a "right" doesnt mean I want nuttos and criminals and incompetents walking the streets with guns. Have to have SOME oversight SOMEWHERE to ensure EVERYONES safety, not just mine.....
And I suspect that if EVERY state issued a CARRY PERMIT similar to each state issuing a Driver's License then I may agree with you... (No, I am not wanting to get into the discussion differences between a RIGHT (Keep and Bear Arms) and a Priviledge (Driving)).

But, until the day comes when each State does issue Concealed Carry Permits on an essentially LEVEL playing field I am willing to have Utah collect some funds and continue with a SELF-FUNDED endeavor!

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Utah is a SHALL issue state... so unless they can demonstrate that you don't qualify, you will be issued a Concealed Carry Permit after paying your money, completeing an application, and passing a background check.

California is a MAY issue state so even if you meet all the criteria, if they don't feel you NEED it, they don't have to issue it.

Wisconsin doesn't even offer one. And they arrest those who opencarry and charge them with disorderly conduct even if all they are doing is planting trees on their OWN property.

Sure doesn't look like "equal protection under the law to me!"

JoeSparky

swjr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
Back on topic.....Im gonna piss the board off here(unintentionally) but I agree with the PREMISE of only allowing those individuals that reside in a state THAT specific states license.

It makes sense to me for oversight reasons and other logistics reasons. Seems to me if you dont live in the state get one from your own. If they dont allow it, then petition your legislature and get it on the bill. ALTHOUGH, I think the minor revenue it brings to us is a plus.

I'd love to see the day when I could just get a federal license to CC anywhere, but that comes with HUGE problems as it is. You know, the feds controlling things and less state control, big brother and all whom I already hate.So its not really that good of an option anyway.

I know all of you would like ALL gun control abolished, but like Ive said before, just because its a "right" doesnt mean I want nuttos and criminals and incompetents walking the streets with guns. Have to have SOME oversight SOMEWHERE to ensure EVERYONES safety, not just mine.....
I'm going to have to agree with you on this one.

The laws have already been screwed up enough as it is - we've already lost the "right" to bear arms, it HAS become a priviledge. Until the legislature fixes this (not likely) we have to operate in the confines of the laws - which currently make concealed carry permits a state issue.

This doesn't affect reciprocity - Utah still acknowledges out of state permits - and our permits are acknowledged elsewhere as well.

I agree, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to feel sorry for those in other states that currently are only able to obtain a Utah permit and wouldn't be able to do so.

swjr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:

The laws have already been screwed up enough as it is - we've already lost the "right" to bear arms, it HAS become a priviledge. Until the legislature fixes this (not likely) we have to operate in the confines of the laws - which currently make concealed carry permits a state issue.

This doesn't affect reciprocity - Utah still acknowledges out of state permits - and our permits are acknowledged elsewhere as well.

I agree, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to feel sorry for those in other states that currently are only able to obtain a Utah permit and wouldn't be able to do so.
I KNEW you were the level-headed and intellectual one in the relationship!! :p
:cool:

Instead of everyone trying to stop this bill from passing. Nah - let me correct that. IN ADDITION to everyone trying to stop this bill from passing people need to be trying to correct the laws in their own states to allow a concealed weapons permit. Do some lobbying on your own behalf and let's shake some walls!

We have rights that are slowly being taken away from us - no matter which state we live in. Do what you can to protect the ones you still have - and let's also do what we can to get the ones back that were lost.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:

I KNEW you were the level-headed and intellectual one in the relationship!! :p
:cool:

Instead of everyone trying to stop this bill from passing. Nah - let me correct that. IN ADDITION to everyone trying to stop this bill from passing people need to be trying to correct the laws in their own states to allow a concealed weapons permit. Do some lobbying on your own behalf and let's shake some walls!

We have rights that are slowly being taken away from us - no matter which state we live in. Do what you can to protect the ones you still have - and let's also do what we can to get the ones back that were lost.

AND GET THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT OUT OF OUR LOCAL/STATE SCHOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Repeal the federal "gun free school zones"

JoeSparky

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

I always wonder about people that begin their posts with "I'm all for (insert subject here), but..." :?

You guys are looking at this from the wrong point of view. Who cares if one state recognizes another, or if one issues permit to non-residents. You should be thinking "Gosh, it sure would be nice if concealed carry was not ILLEGAL in 48 effing states!!! After all, people want us to cover our sidearms, shouldn't they make it easier to do so?

So far, only two states have figured it out. Alaska and Vermont. But until the day comes when Utah repeals the law that criminalizes concealed carry, we have to deal with a stupid card. A card that happens to allow concealed carry in more that half of the states.

G

imported post

Joe Sparky, how come you didnt reply to my other questions in regards to you?

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
I always wonder about people that begin their posts with "I'm all for (insert subject here), but... :?

You guys are looking at this from the wrong point of view. Who cares if one state recognizes another, or if one issues permit to non-residents. You should be thinking "Gosh, it sure would be nice if concealed carry was not ILLEGAL in 48 effing states!!! After all, people want us to cover our sidearms, shouldn't they make it easier to do so?

So far, only two states have figured it out. Alaska and Vermont. But until the day comes when Utah repeals the law that criminalizes concealed carry, we have to deal with a stupid card. A card that happens to allow concealed carry in more that half of the states.
And I appreciate that the card exempts me from a Concealed Weapons charge and is NOT restricted to just a GUN!!!!