• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Defeat Senate Bill 96!

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
I always wonder about people that begin their posts with "I'm all for (insert subject here), but... :?

You guys are looking at this from the wrong point of view. Who cares if one state recognizes another, or if one issues permit to non-residents. You should be thinking "Gosh, it sure would be nice if concealed carry was not ILLEGAL in 48 effing states!!! After all, people want us to cover our sidearms, shouldn't they make it easier to do so?

So far, only two states have figured it out. Alaska and Vermont. But until the day comes when Utah repeals the law that criminalizes concealed carry, we have to deal with a stupid card. A card that happens to allow concealed carry in more that half of the states.

Who are you to tell me what view to look at it from? "Gosh, wouldnt it be nice" is just wishing, platitudes, fakery. I look at reality, even though it sucks. It sucks to have so much oversight, it sucks to have to have to jump through so many hoops. SO what, thatsHOW it is for now, and Im ALL for lobbying to change things. But why are you side stepping and skirting the issues Ive brought up? My opinion is just as valuable and valid as yours. You seem to want to squash anyone that has "opposition" that doenst meet your OWN personal agenda. I think you need to step back a bit and look at how what YOUR doing may be ultimately destroying what you say you want. Look at it from that view, since apparently its ok to invalidate anyone who opposes you.

Is there any way someone on this board who disagrees with me can just answer and respond to my questions? Without all the vitrol and anger?

And just when I was begining to think that he just might not be a troll.....

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
thoughtpolice wrote:
Joe Sparky, how come you didnt reply to my other questions in regards to you?

I am NOT YOUR PUPPET!

JoeSparky
??? What does that even mean? It seems like anytime I challenge someones view on here there is so much defensiveness. I just asked a question, if you cant answer it or dont have the confidence or factsto back it up, fine. Its all good, but why so much backpeddling and shifting attention from the real issues. Stick to the topic. That says to me that you really have no stance accept to "tow the line" like youve been told. "theyre gonna take my gunssss". The sky is falling. Sheesh, I just want a calm, intellectual, free exchange of ideas. Why so much drama?
I suspect you really wanted "YOU'VE" as in a contraction of "you have."

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

I suspect you really wanted "YOU'VE" as in a contraction of "you have."

JoeSparky
I normally leave out apostrophes when I write, take too much time. You do know that myself and anyone else with a bit of objective insight see what youre doing, right? You are ATTACKING ME, not my points. Why cant you just discuss? Why so much anger? I will not be scared off, I will not be intimidated by you. I will discuss my opinions as you are allowed.

Disagree with you and your assumptions, I will.

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
Let me rephrase my previous reply...

I feel that I have answered the relevant queries.

JoeSparky
Haha, dodge and evade, dodge and evade. You would make a great Chief of Staff for the White House. You and I both know what you are doing. You may fool many of those on this board, but not I. You have nothing. Information without facts or truth or even ANYTHING to back them up, is the sum of this conversation. Nothing.

PS, I love my gun, I love those who carry responsibly and I wish more would take the time to excerise their right! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
And in spite of a few glimmers of hope you have shown recently,You have not changed my opinion related to you that has developed over the last several months.

Yes, I will carry as I chose where legal and hope for the day when all will be enlightened!

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:

And in spite of a few glimmers of hope you have shown recently,You have not changed my opinion related to you that has developed over the last several months.

Yes, I will carry as I chose where legal and hope for the day when all will be enlightened!

JoeSparky
You mean I disappointed you? How WILL I go on? And I would hope you would carry where legal. I hope EVERYONE will.

I am disappointed by ALL who fail to acheive their full potential.

JoeSparky

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedbyHIS9mm wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with you on this one.

The laws have already been screwed up enough as it is - we've already lost the "right" to bear arms, it HAS become a priviledge. Until the legislature fixes this (not likely) we have to operate in the confines of the laws - which currently make concealed carry permits a state issue.

This doesn't affect reciprocity - Utah still acknowledges out of state permits - and our permits are acknowledged elsewhere as well.

I agree, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to feel sorry for those in other states that currently are only able to obtain a Utah permit and wouldn't be able to do so.
I KNEW you were the level-headed and intellectual one in the relationship!! :p
Smart cookie, eh?

scorpioajr

imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
ProtectedBy9mm wrote:
Smart cookie, eh?
You are a very lucky man, try not to screw it up, eh?:p:D
Why do ya'll think i clean my guns twice a day?! i'm, tryin' not to get in trouble over here!

Guys, look:
JUST b/c we don't LIKE the laws that may be coming into effect, doesn't mean that other don't have good points. Lets all try to spread the love and listen to each other. Sparky, ThoughtPolice, you BOTH have strong views on this subject, and i can see BOTH of your perspectives.
It looks like this is going to have to go in the stack of to-be-filed," Agree to Disagree" folder.

PS- Thoughtpolice, you're a bully! Lolz, j/k man - don't get iron Chef canceled on me...

Edit: For Spelling, big sausage-like fingers couldn't keep up..and apparently grammar...son of a...

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Let me try this one other way....

We all remember the story of the 10 blind me that discovered different parts of a Elephant.

Each was adamant that the part they were describing was an accurate description of an elephant.

ThoughtPolice: I will kid, joke, tease, annoy, and all sorts of other things but I will not deny another there ability to do the same. I have felt that you have intentionally attempted to "push buttons" at times and I have done the same.There was never an intent on my part to denigrate or minimize your opinions. I may not agree with it but it is your opinion and that is your right. What I have said has been done with teasing, joking, and kidding--- NOT AS A PERSONAL ASSULT.

JoeSparky

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

thoughtpolice wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
I understand thats how you see it, Im justnot used to someone I dont have a good rapportwith"joking" with me like 9mm can. The thing I dont get is why you wont answer my questions, even when its not a right or wrong thing at all.Like I asked how they run warrants checks out of state, you wouldnt even give me insight there. And when I asked why it was a "right" for someone out of state who does nothing to promote the local economy(save the $68 fee for the application) to have a permit. I ask because I truly dont know. Instead you personally attack or "joke" with me while never once addressing the things I question. Not trying to fight about those parts, Im truly looking for insight. You think one way, I think the other. That wont change. I just like learning others perspectives on WHYthey feel that way. And when I get bogus answers or bull@#$% manipulationor misdirection from any member on this site, I will call them on it.

how they run warrants checks out of state?

Yes, in fareness to Utah permit holders it would be nice if the daily checks could be easily done on those withUtah Non-permit holdersbut I don't know how to fix that and it doesn't really bother me a great deal that it isn't done. If someone violates the law in the location they are in let them pay the price there.

Would you suggest that Utah send a list to each state of that states residents who have a Utah Non-resident permit and ask them to perform the same daily check that Utah does? What about a weekly or monthly check?

why it was a "right" for someone out of state?

I don't see it as a "right" for a Non-Utah Resident to get a Utah non-resident permit but I don't have a problem with them having it ESPECIALLY if their state of residence does not allow them to have a permit. As I tried to say earlier, IF ALL STATES WERE "SHALL ISSUE" STATES THEN I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU. If their state is willing to go half way, if you will, and recognize a NON-UTAH residient with a NON_UTAH RESIDENT PERMIT then at least they have that option.

And yes, I thought I had covered these issues earlier. But, I will agree that they have been covered more directly NOW.

JoeSparky

edited for spelling and grammar