• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

XDFDE45

10-1.gif
10-1.gif

10-1.gif
10-1.gif
10-1.gif

MKEgal

The article is a few months old, but is a good answer for those "who needs to carry a gun in Starbuck's" questioners:
http://www.examiner.com/self-defense-in-national/coffee-shop-robber-shot-by-armed-employee
Police say that at about 9:00pm, a pair of men entered a coffee shop on the 2100 block of Franklin Blvd in Eugene, OR, as part of a robbery plot.
During the robbery, an employee of the coffee shop is said to have shot one of the robbers in self defense, causing the other robber to flee.
A deceased suspect, whose name has not been released, was found at the scene, and police are reportedly seeking a second suspect.
original news report here: http://www.katu.com/news/local/110628094.html

And according to a commenter on the examiner article, the robber's family requested in the obit that people donate to gun-control groups in his name!
How's that for chutzpah? (I can say it; can't spell it.)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
See You Guys There This Sunday!

It has been months since I have been able to attend the Starbucks event in Delavan! Looking forward to it!

Looking forward to seeing Todd and Lisa again. (Gunguy)

XDFDE45

Can't make it this time. I have 3 graduations to celebrate that day including my daughter's (kindergarten) so it is going to be a busy day. Have fun to those who make it.

M

McX

Can't make it this time. I have 3 graduations to celebrate that day including my daughter's (kindergarten) so it is going to be a busy day. Have fun to those who make it.

that's pretty lame guy, those zombies arent going to kill themselves, your sticking me with all the work if the zomboids show up!

MKEgal

gunguy said:
It's going to be my first time to this event... I'll see you guys there on Sunday.
No coffee for me tho, yuck!!
As Paul pointed out, they have teas. I like the chai. (Never learned to drink coffee.)
And if you like lemon, their lemon pound cake thingy is delish.

So how many are coming on 2 wheels... McX?
The weather guessers seem to think it'll be a nice day.
Maybe I'll put batteries in the GPS & try some of the non-highway roads for a change.
Lots more scenic.

Last edited:
M

McX

something tells me that i should have went today. my time would have been better spent with you guys, than what i wasted it on today.

oldschool

Another great time at Starbucks. Good seeing everyone again(almost every one Mcx???.)
Thank you to the Fishers for providing extra chairs it was much appreciated.

Outdoorsman1

I also choose not to attend... stuff NEDED to get done around the house as it has been neglected for the last few weeks to do circumstances out of my control... and I also took some time for myself and got on the water and went to Bass Pro Shop for a few things. I have been wanting to get there for over a month now and as it was Sunday, I could not get things done in Racine (doctors not on call), I considered the totality of the circumstances and took a day off for myself.... NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY....

I did miss being there (first time I was not here since I started going a few months back). By the next Delavan meet things should be more manageable and I plan on attending. Maybe I will fish Lake Delavan EARLY and show up at the meet with the boat in tow....:D

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Passive101

I think my group will be in Lake Geneva that day. Next month I should be able to attend though and looking forward to it again. I should be graduated by then as well wohoo!