• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Delavan Starbucks OC Meet and Greet 1st Sunday of the Month 1-3pm

MKEgal

Update from the hospital:
Rob's leg (Have Gun Will Carry) is NOT broken. :banana: :monkey
He is on morphine, but it doesn't show. Seems in good spirits. (Could be the morphine.)

Debbie is bruised & sore & has some cuts, but says she seems to be basically OK. (See above, about pain meds & perception.)
She's waiting on an Xray of her shoulder.

They're at the ER at Mercy Hospital in Janesville.
Discussion is happening about when he's going to be released.

More news as it comes...

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thank You For Being There!

Please keep us updated on Rob and Deb. If we can do anything to help please let us know. It was a nice get together today. I wish their trip home had been nice as well.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

1st time I ever drove or even rode a Harley. Nice bike! It's at my house safely locked in the garage ready whenever Rob and Debbie want it.

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

Wow... Just read the news... when you talk to them again let them know if they need help with anything jsut to let me know (we live kinda close)...

Also let them know they will be in my prayers...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

We (My lady and mysefl) stayed in the area after we left Starbucks (lake Delavan) and after I told her about what happened, she reminded me that we heard (and saw) a couple of squad cars and a rescue squad heading up Hwy. 50 towards Starbucks. All with sirens going and at a high rate of speed....

Now i know why...

My lady asked me to also express her heart felt feelings of hoping the outcome will be the best it can be....

Like i said in my first post... WOW....

Young + inexpericanced dirvers = Bad things happening to good people....

Outdoorman1

Last edited:

MKEgal

Folks, heard from a little bird that it would be good if we remove any discussion of what the car driver did from here & facebook for possible legal action.
And let's take things private for discussion of their recovery, well-wishes, etc.
Contact Deb / Rob [Have Gun Will Travel] by PM for info.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Wow is for sure! What hit me?

Thank you all for the expressions of concern and sympathy, Debbie and I really appreciate that. As mentioned I can't really discuss this, but I'm still in the hospital waiting for test results. Deb is sore, but in better shape than I am.

Paul, don't get too used to that bike - I know how many miles are on it! JK. Part of me can't wait to see the condition it's in, but the rest of me... can wait. ETA: You have my greatest thanks and appreciation for taking care of her for me - it was a huge load off my mind sunday knowing that you got the bike to safety!

Won't be seeing any of you at the picnic this weekend or at lizzies anytime soon, but keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Maybe Starbucks in September - we'll see how it goes. Can't wait to get back out and do things again! Thanks again, see you soon I hope!

Last edited:
M

McX

i'm glad to hear no guns were injured or damaged during the incident (heh-heh).

AaronS

Thank you all for the expressions of concern and sympathy, Debbie and I really appreciate that. As mentioned I can't really discuss this, but I'm still in the hospital waiting for test results. Deb is sore, but in better shape than I am.

Paul, don't get too used to that bike - I know how many miles are on it! JK. Part of me can't wait to see the condition it's in, but the rest of me... can wait. ETA: You have my greatest thanks and appreciation for taking care of her for me - it was a huge load off my mind sunday knowing that you got the bike to safety!

Won't be seeing any of you at the picnic this weekend or at lizzies anytime soon, but keep us in your thoughts and prayers. Maybe Starbucks in September - we'll see how it goes. Can't wait to get back out and do things again! Thanks again, see you soon I hope!

Very sorry to hear about this all. I can only hope that you make a fast recovery.

On a side-ish note. I would have no problems leaving my $30,000 bike at Pauls. I know you can trust him with her (can't say much about the extra miles though).

Get better.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Very sorry to hear about this all. I can only hope that you make a fast recovery.

On a side-ish note. I would have no problems leaving my $30,000 bike at Pauls. I know you can trust him with her (can't say much about the extra miles though).

Get better.

Thanks Aaron, I plan to! And Iagree, the scooter is perfectly safe where it's at - no worries there.

Have Gun - Will Carry

Just added September 4th. Updated 1st post. Have Gun Will Travel, hope you can make it!

Well, it seems that may be possible after all! Looks like I'll be released from the hospital in the next few days, so I hope to be there.

i'm glad to hear no guns were injured or damaged during the incident (heh-heh).

No, none were injured or damaged, thank John Browning. Although it's funny you should mention that - this was the first event I did NOT wear my 1911 at! I was celebrating the acquisition of a leather CC holster for my little .40 (worn openly, of course!)

Hmmm, that means that if this "incident" had happened after Nov. 1, there might have been an impression of the gun in her car door! (and in my hip, too...)

Interesting...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
That Would Have Been A "Good" Impression!

Well, it seems that may be possible after all! Looks like I'll be released from the hospital in the next few days, so I hope to be there.

No, none were injured or damaged, thank John Browning. Although it's funny you should mention that - this was the first event I did NOT wear my 1911 at! I was celebrating the acquisition of a leather CC holster for my little .40 (worn openly, of course!)

Hmmm, that means that if this "incident" had happened after Nov. 1, there might have been an impression of the gun in her car door! (and in my hip, too...)

Interesting...

See how you could have "impressed" someone? We had to restrain McX! He was searching for that "1911". LOL! JK of course. We hope to see you and Deb on the 4th of September for the next meet. Recover quickly! Recover well!

MKEgal

Have Gun - Will Carry said:
Looks like I'll be released from the hospital in the next few days
Holy cow... you're still in the hospital??? :eek:
Now aren't you glad you didn't insist on leaving that first night?

if this "incident" had happened after Nov. 1, there might have been an impression of the gun in her car door! (and in my hip, too...)
Pretty sure a 1911 would make really bad crash armor. :D

Have Gun - Will Carry

And I hope to see you and Deb at one of my courses during Labor Day weekend.

That's a possibility - I need to talk to her about it, but she might be interested in the NRA First Steps or Basic Pistol. And both of us wouldn't mind auditing the UT CFP course just as a refresher (assuming there's room in the hangar.) I'll let you know ASAP, but as you're aware we're both a bit stressed right now. Thanks!