• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dickson City Police Chief Stadnitski works to encourage businesses to ban gun carry!

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

apjonas wrote:

No purpose is achieved by repeating my references and analysis. You are so invested in your urban legend that I cannot convince you no matter what. An easy way to find out who is correct is for you to OC at a business that has a no guns" sign - after you ask the Chief of Police to meet you there.
You are certainly right about the bolded part.
Re-read the statute and try to interpret in plain english.

The statute deals directly with "Posting" against "intruders", IE: Trespass in general. NOT certain rules/allowed behavior, etc.

"No Guns", "No cell phones", or other type signs do not fit the scope of the statute.

It's right there in black and white/ Posting against intruders!

If you don't get it by now, you never will.

Another good thread to read:
http://www.pafoa.org/forum/conceale...governing-no-guns-signs-having-no-weight.html

jahwarrior

imported post

Mike wrote:
Chief Stadnitski said the list of businesses that have opted to prohibit guns includes the entire Viewmont Mall and many larger chains, such as PetSmart, Borders, Sleepy’s, Home Depot and even Dick’s Sporting Goods, which sells gun-related products.
that's funny, i've OCed at most of these stores in the past few weeks, and i saw no signs posted, nor was i asked to leave by security. this is my first post here, by the way; hello, everyone. i've been lurking for a bit.

imperialism2024

imported post

jahwarrior72 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Chief Stadnitski said the list of businesses that have opted to prohibit guns includes the entire Viewmont Mall and many larger chains, such as PetSmart, Borders, Sleepy’s, Home Depot and even Dick’s Sporting Goods, which sells gun-related products.
that's funny, i've OCed at most of these stores in the past few weeks, and i saw no signs posted, nor was i asked to leave by security. this is my first post here, by the way; hello, everyone. i've been lurking for a bit.
Welcome!

So, as for the usual questions:
-What do you carry?
-In what area do you live?
-How did you hear about OCDO?
-How do you like us? ;)

jahwarrior

imported post

imperialism2024 wrote:
jahwarrior72 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Welcome!

So, as for the usual questions:
-What do you carry?
-In what area do you live?
-How did you hear about OCDO?
-How do you like us? ;)
1. depends. i switch from a S&W sigma 9mm, a Llama .45ACP, and a Keltec P3AT.
2. Scranton, PA
4. i like it fine, i guess. not too crazy about the format,it's a little confusing. guess i'm too used to V.bulletin forums.

mvpel

imported post

Viewmont Mall - www.Amazon.com
PetSmart - www.Petco.com
Borders - www.Amazon.com
Sleepy's - www.FactoryMattressSales.com
Home Depot - www.Lowes.com, www.HarborFreight.com, www.NorthernTool.com
Dick's Sporting Goods - www.Modells.com

To HELL with any business who seeks to strip its customers of their fundamental human right to self defense. I hope one of them is sued into the ground by someone victimized by a violent criminal after having been disarmed by this misguided policy.

Evans86

imported post

Shy_Panda wrote:
That wouldn't work, according to federal law LEO can carry where and when they want with few exceptions, business owners have no say in it whatsoever.

I think that this totally makes sense in PA, after all everyone in the state is depressed and angry so they kling to their bibles and their guns,accordingly only angry crazy people own guns... it all makes sense if you really think about it.
Well here is the thing, they can carry just about anywhere they want but so can we when CC'ing (Just About Anywhere). But a private business can also tell the police officer to leave just like anyone else, unless of coarse they have probable cause for being there. A LEO can be charge with defiant tresspass just like anyone else. It is all up to the owner of the property. That is yet anouther reson why the USA is so great. We can say who we want on our property and who we don't.

As i am currently in the country of Afghanistan serving our wonderfull country, there is no legal action taken against tresspass nor is there anything that stops the police from comeing on your property and doing as they please. This includes surches and seizurs of what they want for no reson at all.

Evans86

imported post

Machoduck wrote:
If Chief Stadnitski is implying less than normal police response when the caller is on the list of businesses that allow open carry then he is guilty of coercion and should be arrested and put on trial just as any other criminal would be. Does anyone know how a citizen can cause the Chief to be arrested for his crime? I presume that Pennsy residency would be required.

MD
well one thing he did say is that he won't respond to any calls about a man with a gun unless anouther crime is involed. this is what he must do by law. but these businesses, the person is also tresspassing and in turn breaking anouther law and he may respond...

Evans86

imported post

Mike wrote:
tracylaud83 wrote:
But, did Rich ever get his B.U.G. back ?????
His Taurus 9mm is still held hostage by Dickson City PD.
thats sacralege to hold (of all weapons) a Taurus hostage. By the way i own a Taurus 24/7 Pro Compact 9mm in aTITANIUM finish. and Tausus is the only company that makes a semi-auto in titanium. It is imposible to rust, 2/3 the weight of steel and 6 times stronger... and it looks nice too

KAHR54

imported post

I was at the Viewmont Mall today and didn't see a single sign saying anything about firearms. I also went to Borders and they had no sign either. So, I drove across the street and took a picture of the now legendary Old Country Buffet, soon to achieve Alamo-like iconic status.

Attachments

• GEDC0280.JPG
    GEDC0280.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 120