• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First Encounter

deanf

imported post

Yes, but the bank is the only one that could have given the police his contact information.

You obviously haven't read the whole thread. License plate ? ? ? That's just a theory, of course, but passing on a plate number observed in a public area is certainly not a violation of anything, and is a reasonable explanation about how the cops got his contact information.

wrightme

imported post

deanf wrote:
Yes, but the bank is the only one that could have given the police his contact information.

You obviously haven't read the whole thread. License plate ? ? ? That's just a theory, of course, but passing on a plate number observed in a public area is certainly not a violation of anything, and is a reasonable explanation about how the cops got his contact information.
Who would you allege gave this to the police?

deanf

imported post

Of course the bank identified him to the police. Who said anything to the contrary? If they did it with his plate, they've done nothing wrong. I'm sure the officers asked a few questions about what happened and who was there, and for the bank not to help out, since they are the ones who called, would be absurd.

And as long as the bank didn't violate any bank privacy laws in identifying the original poster (license plate theory) then they did nothing wrong.

colt45ws

imported post

Ha. I saw in the paper today the city council Welcoming one Scott Ent as a new police officer. No wonder he was silent, he was learning from from Mr. Fulbright.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

No matter how they got the info . No crime was committed. So why did they decide to harrass him at his house? If for no other reason than to flex some muscle or intimidate him? I would still look into how they got the info that is an important part of the story and there should be consequences if it was wrongfully attained.

UtahRSO

imported post

OK, this is slightly off the subject, but I don't bank with Chase anymore.

Some time ago Chase offered a low interest deal, saying that interest would stay the same until the principle was paid off. Then after a few months they changed the rules to gouge me with other fees, like a $10monthly fee whether I used the card or not (and that fee would go to a higher interest rate).

I have credit cards with 4 other banks, although I basically only charge with one.My credit rating is excellent. I haven't ever had a late payment with Chase (or with any other of my bills). They had no reason to change their rules except to gouge me. After getting Obama's bailout, they still felt the need to get greedy. I paid them off and closed my account with great finality.

FunkTrooper

imported post

Police need to deal with actual crime and if the bank didn't like him carrying they didn't need to call the cops just call him and say that the next time he visits they don't want him carrying, that's how easy it is. Right now their are groups of people who commit murder for their own purposes why not try to stop them but of course the real problem is citizens who can take care themselves. What police really need to do is crackdown on people leaving Wal-Mart they should stop everyone and search their bags for stolen items.

If police were really only after criminals I wouldn't be so weary to answer my door for them.

deanf

imported post

You had permission from an agent of the property owner to OC on their property.

W1: "Well, go ahead, and we will find out."

It seems clear they weren't alarmed (warranted or not) as they did not activate their silent alarm.

antispam540

imported post

You've got to be kidding me - what self-respecting prosecuting attorney is going to honestly think his actions were a violation of the law? Maybe they're going for "he was armed and standing outside a bank, it warrants alarm". They've got at a time and at a place down, but they'll have to prove the manner you were carrying warranted alarm for the safety of others, and there's no way they can do that without making open carry in a holster illegal.

Tawnos

imported post

At the arraignment you will plead guilty or not guilty. You don't need a lawyer, but having one would not hurt. They may try to get you to take a plea bargain (plead guilty to something in exchange for a reduced sentence). I'd say don't take it, as you broke no law.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Get a public defender, they are not ideal most times but if you can prove you are broke they have provide you an attorney. Better than going alone.

Red Ryder

imported post

You need to lawyer up. Do it now.

Contact the NRA or Second Amendment Foundation to see if they can help you out. You might not be able to afford a lawyer but in being charged like this, you can't afford to get railroaded through a legal system either. Maybe they can assist you or make a referal. Don't get a lawyer that doesn't know gun laws or recommends a plea bargain.

phoneguy

imported post

This site also has copy's of police training updates on open carry.

TechnoWeenie

imported post

colt45ws wrote:
I just got a criminal summons for a violation of RCW 9.41.270(1) over this.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Apparently you were such a threat that it took 7 months to file charges... :cuss:

Did you file a complaint about being disarmed on your own property and whatnot?

If you did, I'm betting this is 'payback'..

Get a copy of the police report and all related charging documents ASAP.