• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL Open Carry Bill in Committee needs YOUR HELP NOW!

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
If this passes you have to pin your license on the zipper of your pants or glue it to your retention holster to open carry like a good little Florida subject.

When is this final? Is there any chance of the bull crap being removed from the bill?

BTW: I'm mad as hell. I was really pulling for this. For some reason I just really thought it'd pass with all the support it has. Why in the hell is any of this necessary in the first place?!?!? Why does NO ONE acknowledge the words "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" at the end of the 2nd Amendment? Why do politicians/military/LEOs take an oath to support/defend the constitution?

Last edited:

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
Let's not forget that this bill can be amended again on the floor of the Senate or in the House. Do NOT CONCEDE DEFEAT NOW! We should advocate for passage of the bill without the bad amendments adopted in committee today.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Let's not forget that this bill can be amended again on the floor of the Senate or in the House. Do NOT CONCEDE DEFEAT NOW! We should advocate for passage of the bill without the bad amendments adopted in committee today.

What can I do RIGHT NOW? Who can I call? Who can I email? What can I do!?

Where is this bill heading next and what is the likelihood that they'd be willing to actually represent the people and take the trash out of our bill?

77zach

What can I do RIGHT NOW? Who can I call? Who can I email? What can I do!?

Where is this bill heading next and what is the likelihood that they'd be willing to actually represent the people and take the trash out of our bill?

I'm with you man. I'm going to call my house rep, (who, ironically lost to Dean for senate race!) he's philosophically sound. Going to tell him to do anything he can.

77zach

I also thought we'd get it. I wasn't sure about campus carry, but thought for sure we'd get regular green state OC. I am PISSED.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member

I lost my Florida optimism a very long time ago.

These amendments could never pass muster of the Rules vote for obvious reasons.

There are plenty of aspects of these amendments that could be and should be challenged in court, or possibly stripped later; but if I'm not mistaken, it'll come back to the same committee and Dean will just kill it outright when his amendments aren't there.

This isn't conceding defeat. They've turned our pitiful attempt to take back a minor Freedom as a Privilege, and made a weapon against us out of it. Typical Cop. As long as that bastard is in a position of power, he'll abuse it every chance he has.

OC of any variety will not happen until this sociopath is removed.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's not unusual to see emotionally charged debates on internet forums compare just about any to a Nazi; but this time the shoe fits. It fits REALLY well.

Wear a badge on our person with our name, address and other identifying information. As Zach mentioned, it's like Jews with Stars on their sleeves. Dean is a truly sick and evil man, how he got this far in government should be shocking, but it's damn near par for the course lately.

I thought Permit Holders had a right to keep that information private?

I mentioned it before; yes, lots of points about these amendments don't comply with current law and could be fought.

But that misses the point. Someone this demented holding such an influential position needs to be dealt with, harshly.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
Today's events also shed light on a systemic problem with the Florida Legislature: committees so small that despite better than 2-1 supermajorities in both houses, the loss of a single vote in a committee can derail a bill that might pass easily on the floor. The committees should have at least 12-15 members so that the supermajority party will have a good cushion to protect against good bills losing or getting severely watered down to satisfy some malcontent who either sides with the minority party to kill the bill or threatens to side with them in order to get the rest of his/her party caucus to hose it down.

Last edited:

77zach

Today's events also shed light on a systemic problem with the Florida Legislature: committees so small that despite better than 2-1 supermajorities in both houses, the loss of a single vote can derail a bill that might pass easily on the floor. The committees should have at least 12-15 members so that the supermajority party will have a good cushion to protect against good bills losing or getting severely watered down to satisfy some malcontent who either sides with the minority party to kill the bill or threatens to side with them in order to get the rest of his/her party caucus to hose it down.

This is just such a disappointment. They guy from OCDO got 20 seconds to speak. Some fat moron "law enforcement official" (a god) spoke for 5 minutes against campus carry. So pissed off!!

The committees are bigger in the house right? So if we can get it passed as is in the House a joint committee will then have to vote on the final version, correct?

quartell

I am showing SB 234 postponed again till the 14th

03/04/11 S On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed

03/09/11 S On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building

Last edited:

77zach

I am showing SB 234 postponed again till the 14th

03/04/11 S On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/09/11, 3:15 pm, 37 Senate Office Building --Temporarily Postponed

03/09/11 S On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building

How bout we bombard Dean's office with calls asking him if he threatened senator evers with a no vote if he didn't include these poison pills.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
"03/09/2011 Senate • On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building "

So what's the deal with this? It's not done yet?

77zach

"03/09/2011 Senate • On Committee agenda-- Criminal Justice, 03/14/11, 1:00 pm, 37 Senate Office Building "

So what's the deal with this? It's not done yet?

No. It hasn't been voted on yet. I'm trying to learn the legislative process, but our best bet (I think) skips the traitor/neocon/"only one" Dean altogether by getting it passed in the House the way it is. If that happens then Dean won't have be able to exercise his tyranny. In theory it would also be possible to inundate Dean's office and convince him to change his ways between now and Monday.

BTW, 3 new amendments were just added. I'm afraid to read them. Probably says you have to carry in a "hello kitty" holster or something.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
It appears that these "floor amendments" are pointing to the same URL as the committee Amendments. (Same Amendment number under the amendment column)
This is a bit confusing, no?

This is really ******* me off! They are just tearing our bill to shreds. OUR bill! US! THE PEOPLE.

Do we know who screwed the pooch on this bill? Are we 110% it was this Dean character?

77zach

It appears that these "floor amendments" are pointing to the same URL as the committee Amendments. (Same Amendment number under the amendment column)
This is a bit confusing, no?

This is really ******* me off! They are just tearing our bill to shreds. OUR bill! US! THE PEOPLE.

Do we know who screwed the pooch on this bill? Are we 110% it was this Dean character?

There is no other explanation.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Are we 110% it was this Dean character?

I carry the flag of 'that guy' with pride. Someone has to do it.

I can tell you I'm 150% sure of it, but I can't tell you my sources or I won't have them anymore.

Suffice to say, Dean, in typical Florida Neocon Cop style, has made threats far beyond merely voting 'no' if his amendments weren't added.

I've seen a lot of corruption and vile behavior from Politicians and Cops in my days; but this guy takes the cake. I have never known of a lower form of life.

It's like Obama nd Dubyah had a love-child that killed them both for being not extreme enough.

Someone like this in a position of this much power should scare you witless.