• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FL Open Carry Bill in Committee needs YOUR HELP NOW!

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Dockery was the killer of campus carry, she said in committee that it was her amendment.

Was she going to vote 'yes' anyway?

Who was the pivotal vote who held out for these amendments?

I've seen this before.

Last edited:

skk123

So were any of the committee members, other than evers himself, on board with this as originally written?

Obviously dean and dockery weren't and smith said "when I see guns, my initial reaction is to vote against it." So that leaves margolis which I have no clue.

Or were they all Dean's pawns? I'm trying to understand how we went from likely to pass to gutted in nothing flat.

77zach

So were any of the committee members, other than evers himself, on board with this as originally written?

Obviously dean and dockery weren't and smith said "when I see guns, my initial reaction is to vote against it." So that leaves margolis which I have no clue.

Or were they all Dean's pawns? I'm trying to understand how we went from likely to pass to gutted in nothing flat.

Evers knew Dean was a republican, a good old boy who probably likes deer rifles and duck guns, and somebody who supported the castle doctrine and some other minor token pro-gun bills.So Evers probably just thought Dean would go along and side with him and Dockery. Dockery may have killed campus carry because it would have killed open carry along with it. Regardless, when Evers withdraws the poison pill amendments, at least some good will come of it: Dean will be exposed for the POS RINO that he is. His "conservative" street cred will be a little tarnished when he votes NO monday. He'll have some other lame excuse for doing it, but I'm going to make sure people know about him in my little town.

Rich7553

Margolis strikes me as a befuddled old lady who is barely conscious. In both hearings, I've heard her say that she didn't know about certain facts that would certainly influence any rational person's decisions. In one case, Sen. Smith (the other Democrat) told her to "just say yes" and she immediately did, thus registering her concurrence with one of the amendments. She is a dyed-in-the-wool liberal and is an automatic no vote for anything having to do with firearms. She was the lone no vote on the "doctors can't ask gun questions" bill, despite Smith's concession that he had to vote yes in absence of any good reason for doctors to pry into firearms ownership.