• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goings on in Tacoma

just_a_car

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
Yeah, yeah, I saw the LA Shoot-out too. But a robbery like thatis more rare than a high school shooting.
Yes, and the reason that all went down like it did was because some patrol officers saw the two masked men with AK's walking into the bank. The officers "got lucky" and may have caused more injury and loss of life than letting the robbers get out of the bank, drive off, and follow them to their home. Not that I'm trying to say what they did was wrong, but one has to wonder.
On a lighter note, I notice there seem to be no "PWAGAN" calls.
PWAGAN?... Pedestrian With A Gun And Nachos? What, did he just get out of Wal-Mart? ;)

Mainsail

imported post

21 Nov 2132: Prowler on S 39th, caller armed with a pistol and wants to go out and confront. Dispatch talked him or her into staying inside. Prowler pointed a ‘laser sight’.

2138: Police in the area, beeper is on, caller assured dispatch the pistol was back in the gun safe.

Mainsail

imported post

joeroket wrote:
Arfe the two previous locations near each other?

I don't think so, but the two incidents are unrelated.

About ten minutes after those two calls, there was some sort of fight that had one man being pushed or jumping out ofa moving SUV.

Mainsail

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
23 Nov 0827: Strong arm carjacking on south L
Green 4 door Pontiac Bonneville
Plate is: 226 SAR

You heard it here first folks!
JEREMY PAWLOSKI; The Olympian
Published: November 25th, 2007 01:00 AM

A high-speed chase on Interstate 5 in Lewis County ended Friday with the arrest of a felon suspected in a carjacking of a 62-year-old woman in Tacoma, law enforcement officials said.
The chase reached speeds of more than 110 miles per hour and ended about 10 a.m., when the driver of the 1992 Pontiac Bonneville went over a spike strip, Lewis County Sheriff’s Sgt. Rob Snaza said.

The spike strip disabled the car on I-5’s northbound lanes near milepost 81 in Centralia, Snaza said.

No one was hurt, and the driver was taken into custody, Snaza said, adding that the man recently had been released from the custody of the state Department of Corrections.

The chase started in I-5’s southbound lanes, after dispatchers received reports of erratic driving near milepost 77. When Lewis County deputies drove up behind the vehicle, they realized it had been reported stolen, Snaza said. The driver raced away when deputies tried to pull him over.

He drove off I-5 at exit 59 in Vader, turned around and headed north on I-5, Snaza said.

Tacoma Police spokesman Detective Thomas Williams confirmed that the vehicle was reported stolen about 8:30 a.m. Friday, when someone pushed a woman while she was scraping ice off her windshield, got in her car and drove away.

The woman’s keys, purse and credit card were in the car, Williams said. She hit her head after she was pushed and had a headache, and her husband took her to a hospital, Williams said.

Mainsail

imported post

25 Nov ~1540: Black male with a gun stuffed down in his waistband, 9[suP]th[/suP] and Commerce. The reporting party (RP) called it in from the Winthrop Apartment building.

I was on my way down to Pacific for a coffee when this call came in. Since I was about four blocks away I decided to see how the police would handle this sort of call and maybe video tape it. When I approached I saw there were about five or six police officers and the subject on his knees with his hands cuffed behind his back. There was no place to park so I turned around at the end of the block and passed them again. One officer had something small and silver in his hand, I couldn’t tell what for sure. I headed back towards coffee.

I later heard them say something that made me believe the RP may have had something personal against the subject, either turning him in or making a false report.

As I was walking back to my car, a two officer unit drove past me twice, the second time they were giving me the stink-eye, but didn’t stop me. Later when I got home, two police cars drove past me and I got the stink-eye from them as I was walking up the steps to my house.

BluesBear

imported post

WOW!

Not only is Tacoma #33 but;

• Kent is 60
  • Everett is 66
  • Seattle is 113
  • Spokane is 134
  • Federal Way is 140
Those are just more reasons to open carry.

Open Carry is NOT a CRIME!

It is CRIME PREVENTION!