• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Goings on in Tacoma

Mainsail

imported post

I took the scanner to the market with me, so I don’t have an exact time.

~1830: Suicidal female armed with a gun. She’s bipolar and off her meds. Fired one shot into the ceiling and one into a pillow. Locked in the bedroom. Now in the living room, now running out the door to a yellow VW. Taken into custody.

Mainsail

imported post

1855: Dispatch is pending on a physical domestic between a 50 something YO man and his teenage son. This is disturbing because it means there aren’t enough police officers to respond to this call. All the more reason to be prepared to defend yourself; the police are, at times, too busy to protect you.

just_a_car

imported post

Agreed, this is some scary stuff...

...and the part about them being "too busy to help" is even more scary and, as Mainsail so plainly said, even more reason to be able to defend your own self.

gregma

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Mainsail wrote:
1 DEC 1855: Armed robbery of a pizza place by knife, I forget where. Thief dropped the knife and took two pizzas.
Traded a knife for two pizzas? Guy musta been hungry.
He's just a forward thinker! He implemented a "knife for pizza" buy-back program to make the streets of Tacoma safer!

joeroket

imported post

We just had the same thing happen in Everett the other day. a 13yo and 15yo? robbed a pizza hut and took off. The girl however hid in a garbage dumpster. The dog tracked her and just when the officers arrived she was tumbling into the back of a garbage truck.

BluesBear

imported post

joeroket wrote:
We just had the same thing happen in Everett the other day. a 13yo and 15yo? robbed a pizza hut and took off. The girl however hid in a garbage dumpster. The dog tracked her and just when the officers arrived she was tumbling into the back of a garbage truck.
Garbage truck? Seemslike an appropriate place for her to be. ;)

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

No, it was a "Saturday Night Special" knife. I wish they would make some more laws to ban those things. They create criminals out of honest people! Where's Ted Kennedy when you need him?!?

joeroket

imported post

BluesBear wrote:
joeroket wrote:
Garbage truck? Seemslike an appropriate place for her to be. ;)
I couldn't agree more.

just_a_car

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
4 DEC 1920: Black male armed with a silver handgun chasing a white female. Female wearing only a bra and underwear bleeding from the face…
...and if any news agency reported this, they'd be sued for "racial descrimination". :banghead:

Mainsail

imported post

5 Dec ~1855: Corvette on SR16 high rate of speed, some sort of blue light on the dash.

There seems to be a lot of this going on lately, and a good reminder to everyone, and their SOs, that if you are being pulled over by an unmarked car, call 911 and confirm that it really is the police.

Mainsail

imported post

5 Dec 1744: Man with a gun, 66 and McKinley. On the corner appears to be carrying a rifle.

1747: Confirmed to be a BB gun, subject has already spoken to a deputy about it.

EDIT, This isn't very far from the strong-arm robbery above.

Mainsail

imported post

I wasn't really listening, but it sounds like someone was robbed of their Berretta Tomcat pistol, loaded with seven rounds, by several men who alluded to being armed. No weapon was seen by the victim.