• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy at wrong house get's shot.

Dustin

imported post

darthmord wrote:
Dustin wrote:
sheepdog wrote:
In the case above described, in Louisiana under RS14:20.2,3,and 4a, as well as reading HB89 of '06 and HB1097 of '06, the shooter would have been totally justified...so being "pretty sure"....isn't accurate advice...and your reference to what's happenedto people shooting people "outside" their homes has no bearing on the discussion...my point was and is...your criticism of the shooter is your opinion...written law justifies him completely...and when you state what the law says...you should be stating it correctly...we read EXACTLY what you wrote...and there is the issue...I don't think those who replied to your post have ignoredor avoided the question as much as have given opinions and replies that disagreed with what you might have done...to post "Your say?" and then berate the answerers seems rude to me....
Believe that fairytale if you want to. I've grown up in Cenla, and now live above Lake Charles. I know what I've see LE do around here when bad things happen in front yards.

Which is why the old saying exist, "you better drag'em inside your house".

Isn't it legal to OC ?, yet we're still harrased.

Isn't it legal to own firearms for protection ?, yet during Katrina they were still confiscated.

Is it legal to kill someone threatening your life or your familes in your front yard ? According to the law maybe, according to wisdom, maybe not so much.

Get the point ?

I don't care what jurisdiction it is. If someone is threatening my family on my property whether it's the front yard, back yard, side yard, in my house, or in my garage, they will have but a fewseconds to rectify their 1st & 2nd mistakes.

The 1st being thinking they can do so without retribution. The 2nd being actually stupid enough to make the attempt. If they choose wisely, they won't make the 3rd mistake which would be trying to cause harm against my family or me. I may (or may not) use a firearm to make them regret their decision but they will regret it nonetheless.

One of the things I was taught by a prior service Marine... His rule of Fighting... Never start a fight. Make sure that if you must fight, you finish it. Your minimum goal is to send the other guy to the hospital, and if necessary, in a body bag. Learning from him was funny. As I got more skilled, I had less and less desire to fight.

When it comes to my wife & kids, I'd rather sit in jail and face charges than let someone hurt them because of bad laws.

I completely understand what your saying, and agree with you whole heartedly. As a Marine myself, I can defintely relate to the things your friend was probably talking about. Nonetheless we have to be aware of the rules of engagement. They are not all that clear all the time. This is why in my mind I set up boundary lines and run thru TDG's. Which is what this whole topic is about.TDG's are about 2nd guessing your own policy of what youTHINK you would do in an emergency. Checking it for gaps sorta.If a BG breaksmy boundaries then he'll endure the consequences of his actions. Every scenario is different too. Having an Iron Clad, stone cold approach to eery situation no matter who/what is involved is not always the best thing. It's rarely possible anyway. Anyone with kids can understand this even better. Each kid is different, and not all kids at all ages respond to discipline the same way.

I think the whole reason for this old saying is b/c people were constantly getting involved i altercations in their yards. then retreating to their houses for a weapon, and finishing the altercation. The LE perspective was, they should have retreated to the house, stayed their and called the police. 911 Didin't exist then. At least not for all states.

On another note, and personaly I've been thru quite a bit lately with my kids, mywife, the DoD and the VA.From the toll it's taken on my marriage, I can assure you guys that I've probably been WAY more than an anal retentive dick head on here too. For that I am sorry. I noticed it when on three different fronts people were writing negative post about my attitude. That's when I realized that my mood had made it into my daily interactions with people, not just at home. So to those I've pissed off, pissed on, or just all around offended, I AM SORRY.

Now let's argue about something :banghead::lol:

sheepdog

imported post

... sincere thanks for your service as a fellow Marine...and thanks for being man enough to apologize...as we all have to do from time to time...life gets hard sometimes...for all of us...and I know my chain's shorter than it should be due to me dealin' with little work and wife...I apologize for my chainsaw mouth, too...ain't nothin' here we can't get past and over...Semper Fi...

this day and time, "drag em inside" is the worst possible advice, and has cost departments lawsuits and cops jobs....forensics are so advanced...how it happened is the way you leave it....ain't gonna beat the science guys....

Maybe you oughta move north of Alec... OC'd since I was 14...no hassle....officers up on that end seem to read and follow the law pretty well...or pay the price...and too many have been saved by citizens to go a'confiscatin'...maybe you oughta herd your law enf. into a truck and send 'em up for a retrainer....who's servin' who???? I'm really surprised Beaudreauxe's puttin' up with bad treatment.....

Dustin

imported post

sheepdog wrote:
... sincere thanks for your service as a fellow Marine...and thanks for being man enough to apologize...as we all have to do from time to time...life gets hard sometimes...for all of us...and I know my chain's shorter than it should be due to me dealin' with little work and wife...I apologize for my chainsaw mouth, too...ain't nothin' here we can't get past and over...Semper Fi...

this day and time, "drag em inside" is the worst possible advice, and has cost departments lawsuits and cops jobs....forensics are so advanced...how it happened is the way you leave it....ain't gonna beat the science guys....

Maybe you oughta move north of Alec... OC'd since I was 14...no hassle....officers up on that end seem to read and follow the law pretty well...or pay the price...and too many have been saved by citizens to go a'confiscatin'...maybe you oughta herd your law enf. into a truck and send 'em up for a retrainer....who's servin' who???? I'm really surprised Beaudreauxe's puttin' up with bad treatment.....

True Dat. All of it.

4.gif