• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Adam12

imported post

Tralpat wrote:
As I was getting ready to leave a gentleman approached me about possibly joining the Lafayette Gun Club.

I'm a member of LGC. If you need any more info, please let me know. Great club by the way. Friendly folks and I've never waited for a lane.

Adam

USNA69

imported post

I had business today (22 Feb, Happy Birthday, President Washington) at the Wachovia on Coliseum Drive in Hampton. I chose not to OC or CC, based on comments on this forum and the VCDL website.

When I arrived, I checked carefully for any signs, but saw none. Neither was there a metal detector nor any uniformed security personnel.

PerhapsI will carry the next time I visit.

vbnative73

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
That being our 2nd amendment rights... derived from [fill in the blank].

(Hint: the correct answer is "God")
Actually, the correct answer is "their Creator." Some believe that to be God. Others do not.

VAman49

imported post

Catching up from this past weekend.

OC'd Saturday evening at Japan Samurai across from the Patrick Henry Mall with no problem. OC'd Sunday morning at the Cracker Barrel located nearby again with no issues. Spent the weekend switching between OC and CC depending on where I went.

Spent a couple of hours at LGC with a couple of co-workers Saturday. Helped introduce one to his first time ever shooting anything. Let him shoot my S&W 22A, Ruger Bearcat and then my XD-40. Even took him out on the outdoor rangeto shoot my AR. Hopefully between me and griff77 we have him hooked.

Jenn

imported post

Had a good OC weekend. OC'd to Wilco on Rosemont, the Norfolk Scope gun show. Worked the VCDL table and stocked up on ammo. Met up with Biker and his wife and went to the range at Bob's. Got a laugh out of some of the people there for the CHP class. One guy was carrying around a cardboard box, which I assume held his gun. Biker pointed out another guy that was OC with his slide locked open. Would that be condition 5? OC'd to Granby Street pizza, great stromboli!! On Sunday OC'd to the Walmarts on Phoenix and Lynnhaven, Zeros on Lynnhaven, and Wawa on Holland. No problems, everybody was really nice, only noticed one guy staring hard and that was it.:celebrate

fully_armed_biker

imported post

Hey Jenn...Andrea and I had a great time Saturday. Went back and picked up the RIA 1911 on Sunday. Went to Bob's last night with my daughter and shot it, and we tried the Crimson Trace on Andrea's .357...a few FTF problems with the 1911 that need to be worked out (spent about 30 minutes polishing the feed ramp with 600 grit emory clothwhile cleaning it after we got home ); but, the gun is accurate as heck. :celebrate

Crash7795

imported post

springfieldxd wrote:
I was visiting the grandparents in Hampton this weekend and was heading back to Norfolk and managed to get pulled over by a cop...he said is it okay if I take the gun till we are done here, and I agreed...
Since no one asked, I will, out of curiosity. Why would you (personally) agree to allow someone else to take possession of your gun when not in a situation where that is required?

USNA69

imported post

nova wrote:
Crash7795 wrote:
springfieldxd wrote:
I was visiting the grandparents in Hampton this weekend and was heading back to Norfolk and managed to get pulled over by a cop...he said is it okay if I take the gun till we are done here, and I agreed...
Since no one asked, I will, out of curiosity. Why would you (personally) agree to allow someone else to take possession of your gun when not in a situation where that is required?
Refusing to surrender your firearm to a LEO who requests it "for your safety" is a battle you won't win. However, that doesn't mean to volunteer it either. Don't resist, but don't offer.
Posing this question to those far more experienced in this situation than I.

Would this be an acceptable response?

"Officer, I am very uncomfortable removing my weapon fromits holster. I feel that it is much safer there with both of my hands in plain sight than it would be being handled by either of us. However, I will not resist, if you wish to take possession of it. I only ask that you be the one toremove it from my holster for both your and my safety."

I have rehearsed this scenario in the event of being stopped for a traffic violation.

Jenn

imported post

fully_armed_biker wrote:
Hey Jenn...Andrea and I had a great time Saturday. Went back and picked up the RIA 1911 on Sunday. Went to Bob's last night with my daughter and shot it, and we tried the Crimson Trace on Andrea's .357...a few FTF problems with the 1911 that need to be worked out (spent about 30 minutes polishing the feed ramp with 600 grit emory clothwhile cleaning it after we got home ); but, the gun is accurate as heck. :celebrate
James and I had a great time too! Let me know when the both of you would like to do it again.

wylde007

imported post

nova wrote:
Refusing to surrender your firearm to a LEO who requests it "for your safety" is a battle you won't win. However, that doesn't mean to volunteer it either. Don't resist, but don't offer.
"I am being disarmed without my consent and under duress."

Then file a formal complaint.

The more often this happens and the proper course is taken (read: departments held accountable for civil violations) the more likely it is to get wings.

Pagan

imported post

I will never hand them (leo's) my weapon unless it is simply out of curiosity and mutual respect. If THEY want to remove it against my consent, then let the lawsuit begin. I don't believe I would physically resist, but verbally, and legally I certainly would.

Thundar

imported post

Never agree to a confiscation! If the LEO wants to seperate you from your firearm let him know that you do not consent, but will offer no physical resistance!!

If you are asked any questions, reply that you will only answer in the presence of your attorney!!

Do not consent to any search, and lock your car if able, to prevent any LEO search.

You only have the rights that you are willing to assert.

##################

Know your rights, no pain

no rights, know pain.

##################

Live free or die,

Thundar

t33j

imported post

Hit the following places within the last week or so... all with no issues.

Del Vecchios in Norfolk
UNO's in Norfolk
First Advantage Credit Union in Yorktown
Bay Port Credit Union in Yorktown
Raceway in Yorktown
IHOP in Norfolk
Bottom Dollar in Norfolk
Farm Fresh in Norfolk
Rapid Refill Ink in Norfolk (Realized I was violating the 1000' CPZ around the Middle School across the street as I was walking out of the store.)

45acpForMe

imported post

t33j wrote:
Hit the following places within the last week or so... all with no issues.

Rapid Refill Ink in Norfolk (Realized I was violating the 1000' CPZ around the Middle School across the street as I was walking out of the store.)

If you were in their parking lot it should be private property and OK. If you parked on the street you would be in violation of the GFSZ. :-(

45acpForMe

imported post

I OC-ed to all the usual places this week with out any issues.
At Chipotle near Patrick Henry Mall, I had a young (very cute) mother of three keep a very close eye on me and she appeared nervous as the line (me in it) moved behind her. Kind of cool to see young kids eating Chipotle! :) My kids won't touch the stuff.

tcmech

imported post

My wife doesn't like Chipoltes either but we were at El Gran Rodeo in Kempsville yesterday and I don' think anyone noticed the glock in the iwb holster (va tucked).

A couple of weeks ago we were at the Texas Steakhouse at the corner of princess anne and dam neck and the glock in the serpa seemed to get me the best service I ever had at that place.

VAman49

imported post

OC'd at Joe's Crab Shack on Power Plant. Nothing said but my wife noticed some :what:when I got up to go to the restroom. She said the four people in the booth sat up and took notice. OC'd in the Dunkin Donuts on Jefferson near Denbigh with no issues.