• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hampton Roads - OC reports

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

WhatTimeIsIt? wrote:
I know I have OC'd to the Hooters on Battlefield in Chesapeake at least twice, once with a friend who was also OC'ing. Must be a loosely enforced policy. :?
Indeed. Bunches of us have OC'd numerous times at the Hooters in Waterside. They have embraced us figuratively and literally !!:D

ODA 226

imported post

t33j wrote:
Nice job Hendu.

I went to Yorktown today in the Colonial National Historic Park to take some pictures. No jacket because of the warm weather, so it was more obvious I was carrying a gun. I walked up and down the waterfront. Park rangers and state police drove by but didn't even slow down. The only looks I got were from a husband and wife who were presumably out of state tourists (identified by bright green ID badges). As they were walking in to Ben and Jerry's they must have looked over at me more than half a dozen times as if they were expecting me to do something. I'm not sure why but I find that kinda funny.

IMG_8446.jpg

Dude,

Please resize this picture!

t33j

imported post

Hmmm, because of the way I have my network set up, I can't actually see it when displayed in this thread. Lemme put it somewhere else.

wylde007

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
I am sure there are other restaurants that serve wings that are OC friendly just this is a "wing" specific restaurant I have OC-ed a couple times in. They have Norfolk and VA Beach locations too. The wings are pretty good but not the cheapest around. It has been hard to find good reasonably priced wings since Wings-to-Go closed. http://www.wingzone.com/findlocation.html
You could always try Cal'z (http://www.calzpizza.com/).

Most of the other places I know of that have palatable wings are sports bars which probably don't do much for the "catering to a family environment" bit.

Anybody know about A.J. Gator's? I haven't worn openly in there (when I was CC I was working as a contract employee or "event sponsor") so I've never really tested it.

Crazy Wing Cantina (http://www.crazywingcantina.com/) sounds pretty good, too, but I think you're searching for a peninsula locale...

fully_armed_biker

imported post

I haven't posted my activities in a while. I've OC'd quite a few places over the last couple of weeks...I've OC'd at Home Emporium in Chesapeake, the Lowes and Home Depots at both Chesapeake Sq and on Battlefield Blvd (we're in the process of gutting and remodelling our kitchen)... Several different Starbucks, Kemps River Shopping Center, Harbour View, and Chesapeake Sq...Was in the Wal-Mart on College Dr in Suffolk the other night, the only :what:I got was from the pharmacy tech while my wife and I were picking up a prescription for her...BJ's on both the Peninsula and at Chesapeake Sq...the Food Lion Hampton Roads Pkwy (formerly Towne Point rd), Kroger on High St and the Farm Fresh on Western Branch Blvd...no problems anywhere....

ODA 226

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
45acpForMe wrote:
I am sure there are other restaurants that serve wings that are OC friendly just this is a "wing" specific restaurant I have OC-ed a couple times in. They have Norfolk and VA Beach locations too. The wings are pretty good but not the cheapest around. It has been hard to find good reasonably priced wings since Wings-to-Go closed. http://www.wingzone.com/findlocation.html
Anybody know about A.J. Gator's?

I've OC'd at the Gators in Carrollton many times with no problems.

DocDaddy

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
Anybody know about A.J. Gator's? I haven't worn openly in there (when I was CC I was working as a contract employee or "event sponsor") so I've never really tested it.
I have OC'ed at the one on Holland Dr. a couple timesand never had an issue.

wylde007

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
Holland Road? Across from K-Mart at Windsor Oaks?

I've been in that one (unarmed)... it used to be a Western Sizzlin', I think. Mascot kept getting stolen by F.C. seniors on Prank Day.

Interested in that one, Shore Drive (used to be Hometown Heroes), First Colonial Road and Chesapeake Square locations... but the precedent seems favorable!

Thundar

imported post

So last night I walked into the Chinese restaurant on Kecotan Rd. in Hampton and order two take out dinners. I go and sit down at a table to wait for them to be cooked.

An older lady goes up to the counter and tries to quietly inform the man at the register that I have a gun. At first the clerk does not understand, and then points to me, smiles and says in broken English "Guns OK, this is America!"

t33j

imported post

Thundar wrote:
So last night I walked into the Chinese restaurant on Kecotan Rd. in Hampton and order two take out dinners.  I go and sit down at a table to wait for them to be cooked.

An older lady goes up to the counter and tries to quietly inform the man at the register that I have a gun.:banghead:  At first the clerk does not understand, and then points to me, smiles and says in broken English "Guns OK, this is America!"
:celebrate
usaCa.gif

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

Thundar wrote:
So last night I walked into the Chinese restaurant on Kecotan Rd. in Hampton and order two take out dinners. I go and sit down at a table to wait for them to be cooked.

An older lady goes up to the counter and tries to quietly inform the man at the register that I have a gun. At first the clerk does not understand, and then points to me, smiles and says in broken English "Guns OK, this is America!"
That's awesome.
:cool:

DocDaddy

imported post

wylde007 wrote:
DocDaddy wrote:
Holland Road? Across from K-Mart at Windsor Oaks?

I've been in that one (unarmed)... it used to be a Western Sizzlin', I think. Mascot kept getting stolen by F.C. seniors on Prank Day.

Interested in that one, Shore Drive (used to be Hometown Heroes), First Colonial Road and Chesapeake Square locations... but the precedent seems favorable!
Correct, right across the street from the now closed K-Mart on Holland Road, my bad!

Pagan

imported post

I was OC yesterday at Gloucester Walmart, also the Farm Fresh in Gloucester,and my local gun shop.

Had an interesting conversation with the gun shop owner. Had claimed that it was illegal for any citizen to build more than one firearm per year for personal use, I disagreed and asked him where he read that in the ATF regs. He said he had read it in the ATF rules, but could not show me the info,I think he is mistaken.

He was also not really supportive of HB69, claimed that it would only get someone prosecuted by the ATF if passed into law, once again I disagreed, under the premise that the state would have to protect it's citizens from the ATF, if that citizen was protected under state law, he was also not very supportive of ANY kind of major gun rights, activism, claimed it would make youa target of the ATF, and thus was not worth practicing!

I was almost speechless.

mwright

imported post

Pagan wrote:
I was OC yesterday at Gloucester Walmart, also the Farm Fresh in Gloucester,and my local gun shop.

Had an interesting conversation with the gun shop owner. Had claimed that it was illegal for any citizen to build more than one firearm per year for personal use, I disagreed and asked him where he read that in the ATF regs. He said he had read it in the ATF rules, but could not show me the info,I think he is mistaken.

He was also not really supportive of HB69, claimed that it would only get someone prosecuted by the ATF if passed into law, once again I disagreed, under the premise that the state would have to protect it's citizens from the ATF, if that citizen was protected under state law, he was also not very supportive of ANY kind of major gun rights, activism, claimed it would make youa target of the ATF, and thus was not worth practicing!

I was almost speechless.
Sounds like someone who is afraid to exercise their rights...

45acpForMe

imported post

Haven't been out and about much but OC-ed to Andrea's Pizza again for a Chicken Parmesan sub last night with no issues. It smells like heaven in there!

Today took the youngest to get some mango magic tropical smoothies (next to walmart, behind McDonalds). Not much going on.

fully_armed_biker

imported post

mwright wrote:
Pagan wrote:

I was almost speechless.
Sounds like someone who is afraid to exercise their rights...

It really pi$$es me off when gun shop owners think the only exercise of your 2A rights should be to buy a gun from them....