• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB 937 passes the general assembly. Goes to governor

WalkingWolf

Government has drove up the price of affordable quality guns. Years ago I bought 5 PA-63 for $59 each. I have in years past bought Stars for $89. Colt Sistema used to be only $149. The latest Star I purchased for $120 ten years ago. There are Zamak guns for under $200 new. The government has kept imports restricted of quality surplus guns. The same government and lobbyists that push pay for carry schemes to keep the lower classes from having the right of self defense. The actual class of people most likely to be victims of violent crimes.

carolina guy

How about buy a gun and carry where you can? What is getting screwed there? If you cannot afford more and the laws don't change, why would someone with verrrrry limited funds go to a place that serves alcohol or charges admission??

PALO

Who intimidated you?

Actually I would prefer that you didn't contact your representatives in favor of this bill, and based on your constant and outright animosity toward those that choose to CC, I feel confident you didn't.

Direct your efforts toward your representative and get some OC bill in the works for the next session. I'll support any bill that gets NC closer to a true constitutional carry.

Intimidate? There are clearly some people here who think disagreeing with something = "intimidating" and my favorite claim was that I was restricting the right of an open carrier long gun by claiming that engaging in that practice = restricting their rights.

I would hope OC'ers and CCW'ers would compliment each other, not bicker, especially considering there are a lot of people who do both.

I rarely carry (off duty), but I have OC'd and CC'd and I support the right to do either. They have different advantages. Imo, neither is "superior"