• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HERE IT IS - 1st Norfolk Incident

taurusfan

imported post

Any encounter with the public = potential death for the LEO.

Dan had the advantage here so they had to draw on him. To hell with being polite.

Being polite could mean death.

Now they all know about Dan's little game see if they fall for it again.

Lord, there is a pic of Dan's gun! Would ya look at that thing!

LEO 229

imported post

danbus wrote:
circumstantial evidence

Such as?

I was not there...

But you have a report of a man with a gun in front of a bank [building].He isout front and his wife might work inside.That sure makes me wonder why he is there and not side greeting his wife. Maybe he is waiting for her to exit so he can kill her. Is he stalking her? Is Dan still stalking the caller? Is he there to rob the bank?

Too many possible things to cover.

You really have to ask the officers. It is only my opinion that the officers were not clearly out of line in what they did.

What about high riskvehicle stops? There is a chance that nobody is even armed but yet.. the police exercise a high degree of safety when getting people out of the car and have their guns in the direction of the car.

As with everything... we have your side only and their side from when the video starts on the 2nd officer's arrival.

Maybe you did something you did not tell us about.

But.... In your defence.. I read the 911 transcript. And if it is correct and not embellished... The call should have gone out as a suspicious person. Enough details should have been broadcast to reflect that the called did not see you as a threat. More details about what you were doing there would have been nice.

Were you sitting on the steps or looking around. Walking and pacing.. on the phone... Meeting people...

Disclaimer: Opinions here may be a pain in your rear!

LEO 229

imported post

taurusfan wrote:
Any encounter with the public = potential death for the LEO.

Dan had the advantage here so they had to draw on him. To hell with being polite.

Being polite could mean death.

Now they all know about Dan's little game see if they fall for it again.

Lord, there is a pic of Dan's gun! Would ya look at that thing!

True..

Why are you looking at Dan's picture... Scroll down farther...!! I love the holster the girl is hiding with her hand! ;)

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Dan, on the second 911 transcript, the lady seems to imply you're carrying mexican style (ie just tucked in your waistband). Tell me you were using a holster like you normally do.

SP101

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cato wrote:
.....From an officer safety point of view, I seriously question the 1st officer's tactics. Absent an immediate threat (RP telephoned or officer observed) why did the first officer act alone, without back up? He put himself and the 2nd officer (not arrived)at risk if there was a serious threat (which there wasn't)by exposing himself unnecessarily. If something, like an ambush, was in place, and the 1st officer was "down" the 2nd officer is now approaching blind.

It would have been better tactically and constitutionally to sit back, observe, wait for back up, call for more back up if contact (even consensual) was planned or wanted by the officers......

This statement is why cato gets my vote for most intelligent LEO in this thread.:celebrate

Of course, this is only my OPINION.....which I am entitled to.:uhoh:

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

danbus wrote:

LEO 1 – Are you on any kind of medication? Because you’re standing on the corner with a loaded gun.

[align=left]
Smile when you say that, officer ! It took me months to get his meds just right !;)

Seriously, that kind of flip comment implying there is something "unbalanced" about Dan's behavior doesn't sound very professional to me. It reveals the disdain some LOE's have for OC.
[/align]

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
danbus wrote:
LEO 1 – Are you on any kind of medication? Because you’re standing on the corner with a loaded gun.

[align=left]
Smile when you say that, officer ! It took me months to get his meds just right !;)

Seriously, that kind of flip comment implying there is something "unbalanced" about Dan's behavior doesn't sound very professional to me. It reveals the disdain some LOE's have for OC.[/align]

Almost as flip as a psychiatrist posting on a gun board about prescribing meds for another forum member? :p

If Dan is notyour patient, the joke is kind of funny in a weird and odd way. The insider crowd would get the part about you being able toprescribe meds--but wouldn't necessarily get why you would be prescribing anything for Dan. In essence, your joke parallels the simplismof the diagnosing by LEO 1. Ironic. Quite ironic.

If Dan is your patient, well that gets into a whole 'nother area. A wholly unprofessional one. I'm sure the APA would not be amused... But the quip would not then be funny in any way.

I'm guessing the first condition. Primarily because the latter one is so bad. But it's still kinda weird humor. Perfectly your right to do so, though.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

My god hank you just love to hear yourself talk and watch yourself type, huh? That entire post was useless.

Renegade

imported post

LEO229 - thanks for staying on board and continuing to offer your opinion - I would be interested in hearing you opinion regarding this stop:

http://tinyurl.com/3cz4oh

PS - Anyone know what that ticking sound is on the video? I would like to buy it on CD and play it while I take long drives. Verrry relaxing.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

Renegade wrote:
LEO229 - thanks for staying on board and continuing to offer your opinion - I would be interested in hearing you opinion regarding this stop:

PS - Anyone know what that ticking sound is on the video? I would like to buy it on CD and play it while I take long drives. Verrry relaxing.

There's another thread on this topic already: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/4688.html

It appears that LEO229 hasn't replied there, most likely because even his twisted logic can't find a way to justify the cop's actions.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
There's another thread on this topic already: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum4/4688.html

It appears that LEO229 hasn't replied there, most likely because even his twisted logic can't find a way to justify the cop's actions.

I think mebbe LEO 229 hasn't posted over there because he's been shopping. He is a CCer and he's heard of the latest fashionable carry method--the murse. And he's intensively looking for one that matches his civilian wardrobe. He said something about Dooney & Burke...

God forbid anyone would touch it though! :cuss:

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

It's not a murse, it's a purse. A tactical purse, technically. Is that really all you've got, hank? If you're going to even attemptto insult me like an immature child, at least come up with something new. You're the only one after me, yet there are countless people on here that would agree that YOU need to STFU.

So, umm, what was this topic about? I forgot...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DreQo wrote:
It's not a murse, it's a purse. A tactical purse, technically. Is that really all you've got, hank? If you're going to even attemptto insult me like an immature child, at least come up with something new. You're the only one after me, yet there are countless people on here that would agree that YOU need to STFU.

OK, let's split the difference. We'll call it a turse.

:monkey

LEO 229

imported post

Renegade wrote:

Actually... I would like to get the song he has playing before the cop pulls up... Anyone know what it is???

I commented on this already somewhere.

In my absolute opinion..... The driver was a smart ass but the cop took things too far. The cop could have handled that much better.

I understand why the cop checked him out in that commuter lot but..... after watching the video and seeing him pass by the cop... The cop should have parked and watched to see if the guy did anything to the other cars.

FogRider

imported post

HankT wrote:
DreQo wrote:

OK, let's split the difference. We'll call it a turse.

:monkey
It's Mantastic!

LEO 229

imported post

DreQo wrote:
Renegade wrote:

Thank you for your vote of confidence.

Your attacks hereare a real asset to the board.