• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hit this poll! Assault rifle ban

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

buster81 wrote:
HankT wrote:
buster81 wrote:
HankT wrote:
buster81 wrote:
HankT wrote:
riverrat10k wrote:
93.87% against

Hmm, what's the point of this, uhm, exercise?

39.gif
A good question Hank. Why do you suppose the TV station would bother with a web poll?

Uhm, I was referring to the exercise of hitting the poll hard....

Don't you think it's a bit, er, non-impactful, b81?
I don't care either way. Since you are the one asking, what do you think?

You "don't care either way?" So, you have no opinion, yet you misinterpret someone else's opinion in this thread...then you are interested in that other person's opinion...when questioned about yours....?

Fascinating, b81. Simply fascinating...what a very curious, uhm, progression....
39.gif
Care to answer the question? Do you think it's a good idea to "hit this poll" as the OP suggested?Why did you add theword "hard" in bold? The title for the OP
I've explained it many times. Here, maybe a picture will be better:

skinner_box.jpg

Any questions, b81?

buster81 wrote:
was "Hit this poll! Assault rifle ban".hardisn't anywhere in it.
The various and sundry exhortations on OCDOto "hit this poll!" usually have "hard" in them. Certainly the exclamation point implies "hard." You niggle.

buster81

imported post

HankT wrote:

LOL.So,you don't feel it's a good idea to hit the poll at all, whether you do it softly, or do it hard? Have I got this correct or is their some deeper meaning that only those as smart as you think you are can understand?

What problem is voting for this non-scientific poll causing you? Is it taking time out of your busy day somehow, or do you just feel the need to comment negatively at every opportunity?

I suspect you spend a great deal of time with a person who niggles.

buster81

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
I would offer that hitting something hard is the only way to hit something.

I would further offer that if I wanted it to say hard, I would have said hard.

Roger that. My dad tought me at a young age to put nails inwithhard, accurate hits. Lightly tapping away and driving them in crooked, or bending them was for amateurs.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

HankT wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
94.04%
Against the ban

Faster, faster....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQtDTdDr8vs

:p
Have you voted Hanky? If so, why did you vote? If not, why not? Were you expressing an opinion or defending a belief, a statement of principle in your actions?

Rather than reply here, please start a new thread dedicated solely to the facts which you wish to elucidate on this subject. We will give it the attention it deserves.

Yata hey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
HankT wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
94.04%
Against the ban

Faster, faster....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQtDTdDr8vs

Have you voted Hanky? If so, why did you vote? If not, why not? Were you expressing an opinion or defending a belief, a statement of principle in your actions?

Rather than reply here, please start a new thread dedicated solely to the facts which you wish to elucidate on this subject. We will give it the attention it deserves.

Vote again.....and again....and again...

mouse_computer.jpg

Harper1227

wrightme

imported post

HankT wrote:
wylde007 wrote:
The antis will still defend their position because it's not a "scientific" poll and doesn't represent an "accurate cross-section" (read: stacked anti) of the community or that too many votes came from outside the readership or coverage areas.

Anything to bolster their agenda of fear: We're scared of guns, therefor nobody should have them.

Lunacy.

Well, from a statistical standpoint, the poll is useless. One cannot generalize from it at all.

Response bias in the sample. It's hideously biased. Any statistician will tell you that, whether he or she is a pro-gunner or an anti-gunner.

I find it quite humorous for the media to put those polls up.

It's even funnier for the people who, blinded/motivated by ideology, hit the poll hard...over and over....

It's kind of like a Skinner box experiment with a touchpad replacing the lever.....

:lol:
So who do you allege is voting over and over? What do you base that upon?

MSC 45ACP

imported post

possumboy wrote:
I'm still trying to figure out what an Assault Rifle is...

I think most agree the Germans came up with the first one during WW2. Not many civilians have them, as they are rather expensive to own in most places and absolutely prohibited in others.

The anti's really should learn definitions of weapons and their parts before they step on their swords... OOPS! Too late!:banghead: