• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hospitals, colleges, schools and other groups are lining up to oppose SB59

stainless1911

Banned
Whatever. I know a lot of hard working failures. Making someone else rich doesnt make a success out of a person.

I know, I waved a magic wand, and floated the girls up and set them on the hood against their wishes.

For someone who is usually such a stickler for rules, you're conveniently ignoring the requirements for conviction of the statute in this case. If you were being intellectually honest in this situation, you would agree with me in saying that it was a dumb thing that should have, and could have been avoided, but also that the conviction and charge were both incorrect and improper. Read the statutes for both careless, and reckless, and you will see plainly that I was guilty of careless, but nothing more. Careless is for stupid things, reckless is for willful things, the laws are clear and very specific.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

Whatever. I know a lot of hard working failures. Making someone else rich doesnt make a success out of a person.

I know, I waved a magic wand, and floated the girls up and set them on the hood against their wishes.

For someone who is usually such a stickler for rules, you're conveniently ignoring the requirements for conviction of the statute in this case. If you were being intellectually honest in this situation, you would agree with me in saying that it was a dumb thing that should have, and could have been avoided, but also that the conviction and charge were both incorrect and improper. Read the statutes for both careless, and reckless, and you will see plainly that I was guilty of careless, but nothing more. Careless is for stupid things, reckless is for willful things, the laws are clear and very specific.

Seriously dude?

stainless1911

Banned
257.626b Careless or negligent operation of vehicle as civil infraction.
Sec. 626b.
A person who operates a vehicle upon a highway or a frozen public lake, stream, or pond or other place open to the general public including an area designated for the parking of vehicles in a careless or negligent manner likely to endanger any person or property, but without wantonness or recklessness, is responsible for a civil infraction.

reck·less

   [rek-lis] Show IPA
adjective 1. utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.

257.626 Reckless driving on highway, frozen public lake, or parking place; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Sec. 626.
(1) A person who violates this section is guilty of reckless driving punishable as provided in this section.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person who operates a vehicle upon a highway or a frozen public lake, stream, or pond or other place open to the general public, including, but not limited to, an area designated for the parking of motor vehicles, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00, or both.

Last edited:

PDinDetroit

257.626b Careless or negligent operation of vehicle as civil infraction.
Sec. 626b.
A person who operates a vehicle upon a highway or a frozen public lake, stream, or pond or other place open to the general public including an area designated for the parking of vehicles in a careless or negligent manner likely to endanger any person or property, but without wantonness or recklessness, is responsible for a civil infraction.

reck·less

   [rek-lis] Show IPA
adjective 1. utterly unconcerned about the consequences of some action; without caution; careless (usually followed by of ): to be reckless of danger.

257.626 Reckless driving on highway, frozen public lake, or parking place; violation as misdemeanor; penalty.
Sec. 626.
(1) A person who violates this section is guilty of reckless driving punishable as provided in this section.
(2) Except as otherwise provided in this section, a person who operates a vehicle upon a highway or a frozen public lake, stream, or pond or other place open to the general public, including, but not limited to, an area designated for the parking of motor vehicles, in willful or wanton disregard for the safety of persons or property is guilty of a misdemeanor punishable by imprisonment for not more than 93 days or a fine of not more than $500.00, or both.

Seriously dude?

TheQ

I must have missed something. All I see is deleted posts. The mods have finally caught on to edit/clear the posts first so they don't appear in tap-a-talk :(

TheQ

Someone is downrange, about 30 degrees off the direction of your aim riffle. No way you are going to hit them -- so you take a shot and a freak of nature incident happens and the person is directly hit.

Are you guilty of trying to hit them? No Did you want to hit them? No

Are you criminally negligent/culpable for their injury?

If you plead guilty, you need to owe up to the responsibility.

TheQ

You didn't answer the question from my scenario...

Are you criminally negligent/culpable for their injury?

PDinDetroit

I didnt plead guilty, I took a dive and plead no contest.

The difference in being guilty and being convicted are like day and night.

If you took a dive in court, why do you continue to plead your case here?

I believe it would be best that you stick with your plea of NO CONTEST (Nolo contendere).

In case you did not understand what I just stated, here is the EASY VERSION: STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
All threads stainless posts in have that possibility. I've never seen someone who posts about themselves as much as he. Me thinks he needs some real friends to talk(not type) to...not faceless screen names on Internet forums.

And, yet, here we are......:p