• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Hospitals, colleges, schools and other groups are lining up to oppose SB59

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
If you took a dive in court, why do you continue to plead your case here?

I believe it would be best that you stick with your plea of NO CONTEST (Nolo contendere).

In case you did not understand what I just stated, here is the EASY VERSION: STOP POSTING ABOUT IT!

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR - FOLLOW THIS ADVICE! YES I'M SHOUTING THIS SO YOU DO NOT MISS THE POINT. :eek:

Last edited:

scot623

That would lower the entertainment value of this forum significantly....

I have the feeling that is the main reason this clown is not currently banned here. He drives traffic to the site increasing clicks and ad rates. Without him posting his idiotic antics as us bashing him incessantly, traffic to the site would plummet. He is OCDO's version of the Super Bowl helping generate premium ad rates. LOL.

WilDChilD

So why then, arent you banned for attacks?
Everyone who OC's or CC's is the face of gun owners. When people in our ranks do dumb things people believe we all do the same dumb things. Thats why people are so mad. Everybody works so hard and one lack of judgement effects everybody.
Mentioned OCDO and MOC to a buddy last night and guess what the frist thing he said to me was? Isnt that the group that OC's shotguns in the library? So I spent 10 min. clearing up misconceptions and showing him MOC goals and stance. People think if one of them does it they all must do it. Keep your nose clean and your head up, people will forgive you.

detroit_fan

So why then, arent you banned for attacks?
Everyone who OC's or CC's is the face of gun owners. When people in our ranks do dumb things people believe we all do the same dumb things. Thats why people are so mad. Everybody works so hard and one lack of judgement effects everybody.
Mentioned OCDO and MOC to a buddy last night and guess what the frist thing he said to me was? Isnt that the group that OC's shotguns in the library? So I spent 10 min. clearing up misconceptions and showing him MOC goals and stance. People think if one of them does it they all must do it. Keep your nose clean and your head up, people will forgive you.

I agree with you, but how come so many defended lil freak for the stupid thing he did (that may have statewide negative implications for 2A rights in MI) but they attack stainless(who only really screwed himself)?

WilDChilD

I agree with you, but how come so many defended lil freak for the stupid thing he did (that may have statewide negative implications for 2A rights in MI) but they attack stainless(who only really screwed himself)?

?
Maybe because hes young? I have meet freak before and he seems like he wants to do right but that doesnt mean he didnt get egg on everyones face. And I know he didnt break any laws and who am i to judge but i dont think LGOC helps OUR cause any.

Last edited:

stainless1911

Banned
I didnt set out to break any laws, really I try to know them so that I don't break them. What happened to me really shouldnt have had any bearing on my, or anyone elses gun rights. I was hoping to bring attention to, and action against those failures within our law.

I sincerely apologize if this looked bad on the OC community.

It had nothing to do with guns, except for the law that needs to be changed, and the fact that those types of laws put every one who carries a gun at risk. That type of law and the changes we need to fight for, are partly why I brought this up on this forum. Otherwise, I saw no profit in keeping this from any of you, it was better to put it out there, take my lumps, and move on.

Last edited:

scot623

Lets keep this thread on topic. You got what you wanted.

I didnt set out to break any laws, really I try to know them so that I don't break them. What happened to me really shouldnt have had any bearing on my, or anyone elses gun rights. I was hoping to bring attention to, and action against those failures within our law.

I sincerely apologize if this looked bad on the OC community.

It had nothing to do with guns, except for the law that needs to be changed, and the fact that those types of laws put every one who carries a gun at risk. That type of law and the changes we need to fight for, are partly why I brought this up on this forum. Otherwise, I saw no profit in keeping this from any of you, it was better to put it out there, take my lumps, and move on.

So much for keeping this thread on topic. Can't follow anyone else's advise...or your own for that matter.

Last edited:

Bronson

Well back on topic...any large plans to counter the efforts of opposition regarding this bill?

I just got back from Freedom Firearms and talked with Joel and asked him to contact Senator Nofs and urge him to vote for it without amendments. He said he'd get on it. Hopefully he'll spread the word as he has the ear of many gun folks in the area.

Bronson

Ken56

50th dist.

Rep. Charles Smiley is holding coffee hrs 4-11-12 between 9am and 11am at the McDonalds on S. Saginaw st. in Grand Blanc (at Holly rd.) and 4-12-12 between 9am and 11 am at McDonalds on S. saginaw st. in burton (north of bristol rd). I plan on giong on the 12th and asking him about his feeling on SB59. Anybody else who is able I hope can also join in, a show of support if you may.E-mail said to contact his office at 855-276-4539 for info if you want to attend.

Last edited:

TheQ

Here's the best thing you can do: find two or three other people and your district and hold a joint conference call with you, them, and your Sen. Tell him to support the bill unamended and oppose any amendments that would weaken the bill.

G22

Senator Steven Bieda (Macomb County: Centerline, Eastpoint, Fraser,Lake Twp., St. Clair Shores, Warren)

Coffee hours: Saturday, April 14th 10:00am - 11:00am

Military Technical and Historical Museum
1600 Stephens Rd, Eastpoint 48021

TheQ

He has not responded to any of my email's. So I plan on being there to take up some of his hour that he has slated for other issues.

I like it. Let him know you'll be watching how he votes and you'll get the word out. I doubt it'll change his position.

His chief of staff -- an old guy -- is very anti-gun.

Last edited: