• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I was arrested by El Cajon PD today...

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

giaking70 wrote:
...another problem, gotta find the tiny usb cable it came with now...
nopity.gif

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

giaking70 wrote:
heck no, not on my salary as you so implied...lol...I have the usb cable here somewhere, just gotta find it

So...you've been a security officer longer than most cops have been alive and you STILL can't afford a home there (nor legally carry a loaded weapon)? Something's wrong with that picture, no?

Time to get out: http://www.realtor.com

I'll leave a light on for you...

Oh..and not to rub it in, but...Iown/carry this here, too (but I typicallydon't...too bulky):

ser_shorty_big.jpg

seansean

imported post

NMHasOpenCarry wrote:
giaking70 wrote:
heck no, not on my salary as you so implied...lol...I have the usb cable here somewhere, just gotta find it

So...you've been a security officer longer than most cops have been alive and you STILL can't afford a home there (nor legally carry a loaded weapon)? Something's wrong with that picture, no?

Time to get out: http://www.realtor.com

I'll leave a light on for you...

Oh..and not to rub it in, but...Iown/carry this here, too (but I typicallydon't...too bulky):

ser_shorty_big.jpg
damn..If I didn't work in the "industry"(have to be here, at least for now) I'd move to NM in a heartbeat..

AyatollahGondola

imported post

NMHasOpenCarry wrote:
elsensei wrote:
If our dickhead legislators would get out of our way, we'd all be carrying concealed. We don't OC because we want to, but because that's the only option available.

Move! I did (and I was one of few who had a CCW permit in San Diego). Wouldn't go back to Kalifornia if you bought me a house on the beach filled with hookers and jello hot tubs.

Let all the dirty hippies, militant tree-huggersand non-gun whacko's have the entire state. Much easier to go where you're appreciated. Fighting gun laws in CA is like pee-ing up a rope (while juggling cats).
Sour grapes there NMHasOpenCarry,

Sounds to me like you are angry with those of us who stay on and fight for our rights in California.

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:

Sour grapes there NMHasOpenCarry,

Sounds to me like you are angry with those of us who stay on and fight for our rights in California.

Sour Grapes? LOL. I'm making more money, have a lower cost of living, own four homes and can buy/own/carry any weapon I want. Don't have to have my car smogged, registration is $35/yr. Property tax (on my big home) is $1800/yr. No opressive state government. How is that sour grapes? I'm in heaven compared to y'all. Oh, wait...you have nicer weather. Well...you got me there. :uhoh:

Hey...all the power to you. I really hope you win, but it's obvious you're fighting a losing battle. Since I left CA, gun laws have become MORE restrictive, not less. May as well go to Utah and fight the liquor laws or go to Maine and try to ban lobster trapping.

AyatollahGondola

imported post

NMHasOpenCarry wrote:
Hey...all the power to you. I really hope you win, but you're fighting a losing battle. May as well go to Utah and fight the liquor laws or go to Maine and try to ban lobster trapping.
Ah yes....the "we were doomed anyway" justification. Tell me; Who do you think carried the water for you in NM before you arrived? Or did you think that NM has some magical elixir in the water that compelled the residents to accept gun rights by osmosis? The utopian picture you have painted of NM seems a bit more like it's coming from a travel agent than a dedicated gun rights activist. Streets paved with gold.....Balmy, sun filled days......cows standing in fields so lush that they only give cream....:p

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
NMHasOpenCarry wrote:
Hey...all the power to you. I really hope you win, but you're fighting a losing battle. May as well go to Utah and fight the liquor laws or go to Maine and try to ban lobster trapping.
Ah yes....the "we were doomed anyway" justification. Tell me; Who do you think carried the water for you in NM before you arrived? Or did you think that NM has some magical elixir in the water that compelled the residents to accept gun rights by osmosis? The utopian picture you have painted of NM seems a bit more like it's coming from a travel agent than a dedicated gun rights activist. Streets paved with gold.....Balmy, sun filled days......cows standing in fields so lush that they only give cream....:p

The New Mexico gun laws are most likely hold-overs from the days of the Wild West. Not much has changed. Open carry preceded concealed carry. Concealed carry is relatively new (1975?).

Land of milk & honey? You betcha! Compared to Kalifornia, I'm living the American Dream. Now don't get me wrong...if all of a sudden the Kalifornia legislature grew some brain cells and repealed just HALF of their Draconian laws (you can't purchase a two-stroke outboard?!? WTF?), I might think about coming back. But...we all know...nothing like that is going to happen in your/my lifetime.

Now carry on, Comrade...

AyatollahGondola

imported post

The california legislature cannot grow its' own balls. People like us must step up and bring ours inside. Those of us that have them anyway.
By the way, two stroke motors have been polluting the waterways here for decades, along with pesticides, mercury, lead paint and a host of other toxic stuff. I'd like to see our lakes, streams, creeks, and rivers cleaned up to the point we have fish to catch, and water to drink that we didn't have to run through a lab test first.

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

Ahh...gotta love Kalifornia:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=136596

We have two-stroke outboards here, our cars are not smogged and my water is fine. But...shhh...don't tell the Kalifornia legislature that the new breed of two-stroke outboards are clean-burn.

Anyway...didn't mean to turn this into a Kalifornia-bashing thread, but it's too easy of a target.

Still waiting for the audio from the OP...

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

AyatollahGondola wrote:
The california legislature cannot grow its' own balls. People like us must step up and bring ours inside. Those of us that have them anyway.

Well...better get your balls in gear,Ayatollah...they're banning guns that were legal a month ago:

http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/forms/pdf/removed.pdf

Now, in your honor, and for all my opressed friends in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia, I'm gonna go out in my backyard and fire my Barrett Light 50...

DSCN0496.jpg

Sonora Rebel

imported post

NMHasOpenCarry wrote:
The New Mexico gun laws are most likely hold-overs from the days of the Wild West. Not much has changed. Open carry preceded concealed carry. Concealed carry is relatively new (1975?).

Land of milk & honey? You betcha! Compared to Kalifornia, I'm living the American Dream. Now don't get me wrong...if all of a sudden the Kalifornia legislature grew some brain cells and repealed just HALF of their Draconian laws (you can't purchase a two-stroke outboard?!? WTF?), I might think about coming back. But...we all know...nothing like that is going to happen in your/my lifetime.

Now carry on, Comrade...

New Mexico and Arizona are linked historically as the 'Gadsden's. In 1861... the southern 80% of the combined territories seceeded from the Union to become the Confederate Territory of Arizona from the Colorado River to the Texas line. Open carry... or 'being heeled' was the norm here since the days of the Spanish Grandees.

You did the right thing and escaped that commie armpit. Let 'em whine!

NMHasOpenCarry

imported post

flintlock tom wrote:
NMHasOpenCarry wrote:

Much easier to go where you're appreciated.

100% correct, however, that's not how battles are won.

"All that is required for evil to succeed, is for good men to do nothing."

Belittling the ones who are fighting the battle is less than "nothing".

But I did do something. I voted with my wallet, left my state of residence for 20+ years (leaving family/friends behind) and moved somewhere I would be more appreciated and have (pretty much) unlimited rights + little taxation.

It's just like going to a store where the salespeople treat you like crap. Leave and shop somewhere else.

seeya.gif

AyatollahGondola

imported post

NMHasOpenCarry wrote:
But I did do something. I voted with my wallet, left my state of residence for 20+ years (leaving family/friends behind) and moved somewhere I would be more appreciated and have (pretty much) unlimited rights + little taxation.

It's just like going to a store where the salespeople treat you like crap. Leave and shop somewhere else.

seeya.gif
No, it's not quite like that NM,

I think you best described your commitment when you declared yourself a resident of 20 years. There are residents, and then there are citizens with homes. you sounded a bit transient in the first place. There was a law on CCW; You violated it as opposed to trying to change it. Maybe it's best you left. We need dedicated citizens to make change. the ones' that defy in silence are usually called....well, lawbreakers. they haven't traditionally been much help.
See ya later is right; as California goes; So goes the nation