• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If Obama gets elected... will u rush to gunstore?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Yup today was another day of wall to wall customers, there is definitely an Obama effect in action.

David.Car

imported post

I am going to the local gunshow this weekend (I go to all of them) and I am going to be selling off a couple of things I have multiples of, or never shoot. And if I sell enough, I will be picking up an AR with in the next day of it.

I have been looking to pick up an AR for a long time, just need the little bit extra cash from the sales... If I don't sell anything... Well I will keep trying to sell them and just hold off a little longer.

Blinn79

imported post

I work at Gander Mountain in the firearms department in Houston. We can't keep AR-15's, AK-47's, 5.56 ammo or 7.62x39 ammo in stock. As fast as they come in, they are gone. People come in on Monday's, when they should be at work, and wait for us to finish unloading the trucks coming in with more ammo and guns. Every Monday for the last 3 weeks, I have sold over 10,000 rounds of Federal M193 5.56 ammo in the first hour after it is unloaded off the truck. I even started making "heat" tickets for an extra 10,000 rounds in advance, knowing it will be gone on Monday. So we get more in every Thursday, specially shipped, and guess what... I have people waiting to buy it up with in one to two hours after it arrives! We are planning on getting a shipment of 50,000 rounds of 5.56 in, just to hopefully keep up with demands.

People come in and buy 6 AR's at a time. Any semi-auto pistols (Glocks, H&K, XD's) are selling pretty fast too. Our supplier, is currently completely sold out of high capacity Glock mags. They are about to run out of 5.56 ammo. Have already ran out of 7.62 wolf in bulk. AR magazines are going like crazy. People have even started buying the Ruger .223 Ranch rifles (Mini 14) w/high cap mags because we have a waiting list for AR's. If you ask ANY of these people why... the first words out of their mouth is "Obama".

I honestly thought the majority of American's were close minded to his stance on firearms, but I can tell you first hand, that at least the people in Texas, see what is on the horizon. With single individuals buying 10,000 rounds of 5.56 and 2 or 3 AR-15's down here on a daily basis... I truly don't ever see the government taking up assault rifles that have already been sold. Because the over all impression I get from these daily buyers, is that they will hand over these assualt rifles, after they finish clicking off those 10,000 rounds.

Anyways, gun sales are for sure on the rise. I am use to people complaining about prices, or trying to haggle with us. Now they don't even care how much we are charging for a AR-15, just how soon we can get it for them, and how many of them we can get.

Also I ordered a Rock River Elite Comp for Gander Mountain (it is actually for me) and there is a 19 week wait time because they are so back ordered!

Fran

imported post

I have a Glock19 planned for Christmas to go along with my FNP45. I have to figure out the finances so I can get an AR15. Yes I am concerned.

hsmith

imported post

I think things will calm down post election even if Obama wins - people who would be worried have been worried and have been buying already because the writing is on the wall.

JDriver1.8t

imported post

My plans start in two months.
I will be picking up about 10k rounds of .40, a couple new glocks, and an AR.
Just have to wait to see what kind of funds I will have after xmas shopping is done.

Legba

imported post

Well, I work in a low-rent area gun shop. Our business is up, but it's mostly the usual seasonal surge with hunters, and not people rushing to order Barrett .50s and the like. I feel left out.

-ljp

Slayer of Paper

imported post

I think it's a bit "out there" to believe that there will be any sweeping gun control very soon, just because Obama will be elected (time to stop kidding yourselves).

It is however, good for getting permission for a couple of new guns from the wife... sshhh!

HungSquirrel

imported post

A local gun store owner told me his business doubled last week, and he expected yesterday and today would be even busier.

Personally, when (not if) Obama wins, I will begin saving up to buy or build an AR before inauguration day.

Blinn79

imported post

JDriver1.8t, you should not worry about the .40 ammo, and get 5.56/.223 if you are going to get a AR. Trust me, I work at Gander Mountain, and the our suppliers are not running short of .40 cal ammo anytime soon. You will however, have a problem finding 5.56/.223 in about 3 months or a little more. Also, why do you need 10,000 rounds of handgun ammo? I thought the same as you, but think about it, if the sh!t hits the fan, are you really going to fight with a pistol, or are you going to use that assault rifle for what it was intended to do? Why shoot a pistol that is accurate at most to 35, maybe 40 yards if your a amazing shot, when you could use a AR that is good out to 100 yards EASY with open sights. Plus in bulk, 5.56/.223 is cheaper then .40 cal ammo. Stock up on assault rifle ammo, and leave the side arm to be just that, a back up weapon.

MetalChris

imported post

Anubis wrote:
Anything can happen.

Stock up on supplies, but you might also consider at least developing a plan to cache all of it.
Why? Why would you want to hide it?

Anyhoo, I hit Brownells today and got a couple of high cap mags for my SKS and XD-45.

open4years

imported post

I_Hate_Illinois wrote:
No. Simply because he isnt going to be able to pass anything through the Congress. Mr. Obama needs to realize that there is a limit to executive power. Had he paid attention when he was in the Senate, he would know that it is the Congress that makes the laws. Oh wait, I forgot, he voted 'present' so many times here in Stalinois that he probably forgot that a vote is actually a good thing.

Perhaps you made this post before you heard the news. Democrats are winning more seats in congress than republicans. He will have no problem with congress.

open4years