• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If Obama gets elected... will u rush to gunstore?

GreenDrake

imported post

Wow, starting to sound like the sky is falling Glock Talk crowd in here. Those guys are freaking out and in panic buy mode. He isn't taking your guns, yes he supports the permanent AWB ban but the first one did nothing, just because there is a majority does not mean they can slide constitutional ammendments through. This panic buying does nothing but make the gun makers and ammo manufacturers richer, as well as drive the price up.

Don Barnett

imported post

The Dems are not ahead because of their stance on gun control; they are ahead because the economy stinks and the Republicans were in control. "Gun rights" is still a popular issue in the US. Think of what would have happened if the Heller decision had overturned the Second Amendment...the Democrats would have been voted out in droves in this election and the overriding issue would have been to pass a Constitutional amendment to restore the 2nd Amendment.

Obama is a politician who says whatever is necessary to please the audience he is in front of; that is why he "flip-flops" on all the issues. All his talk of gun control was done in the context of Chicago liberal politics where gun control is popular;but now he is in a different ball game.

I doubt if the Dems in Congress or Obamahimself arewilling to bring up unpopular measures like banning concealed carry or limiting gun purchases. These were losing issues for them in previous elections.

We'll see.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Don Barnett wrote:
The Dems are not ahead because of their stance on gun control; they are ahead because the economy stinks and the Republicans were in control. "Gun rights" is still a popular issue in the US. Think of what would have happened if the Heller decision had overturned the Second Amendment...the Democrats would have been voted out in droves in this election and the overriding issue would have been to pass a Constitutional amendment to restore the 2nd Amendment.

Obama is a politician who says whatever is necessary to please the audience he is in front of; that is why he "flip-flops" on all the issues. All his talk of gun control was done in the context of Chicago liberal politics where gun control is popular;but now he is in a different ball game.

I doubt if the Dems in Congress or Obamahimself arewilling to bring up unpopular measures like banning concealed carry or limiting gun purchases. These were losing issues for them in previous elections.

We'll see.

As much as I'd like to believe that's how it would work, I doubt it. The pro-gun vote against Obama wasn't enough to stop him from getting elected so I highly doubt he cares if he pisses off the pro-gun crowd because there's little chance of them stopping him from getting re-elected.

Let's hope you're right though.

compmanio365

imported post

I am running to the gun store, if nothing else, before prices go up like crazy (or any more than they already have)......I am stocking up on ammo and getting more magazines for the weapons I already have, before they try to come take them away. If I'm going to fight a war, I need to have the tools to fight it.

Jizzzle

imported post

i cant decidewhat my cailber/round of choice is going to be for pistols/rifles et. I'd like to pick just 1 round and all my guns use it. like .44mag or something similair.. like OC a redhawk and have a couple Marlin 1894 lever actions at home. that way i'd only have to reload one round and stock 1 round.. I'd like to have 1 rifle in the truck at all times and 1 at home for me and the same for the wife. that'd be 4 rifles total and 2 handguns.. but then again the wife might have issues with .44 so i might downgrade to .357, those arn't bad either.

c45man

imported post

Chucky Shumer and Nancy Pelosi in power? There will be a large number of anti-gun bills being introduced before the streets are cleaned from the inaugural parade. In my opinion, there will be a storm of bills coming out of both houses. Gun show loophole rhetoric will place heavy restrictions on gun show trade far beyond stopping people from making private transfers. Watch for additional taxes on guns and ammo. to help pay for the national health care, after all, the antis will say gun crimes add to the health care costs. Semi auto rifles will be all but illegal on a permanent basis. The list of banned imports will be greatly extended. Even though O'Bama may resist so early in his regime, don't believe for a second that he would not sign such bills when they come before him.

Oh well, for all this you can thank tens of millions of firearm owners that help put this zealot in the white house and help put the democratic party in major control of the Congress. It does little good to brag about having 75 million firearm owners in our country if two thirds don't vote for pro 2nd Amendment candidates. So don't blame the liberals or the anti-gun organizations for the state of the Congress or O'Bama in the White House. We could be the largest single issue voting block in the country. We are not. Being from Pennsylvania, I'm especially disgusted. We haven't voted for a pro-gun candidate since Reagan.

Get ready for the letter writing campaigns and the visits to your local Congressman.
I'm thankful that forums like this could gather numbers of people and act in that capacity.

Don Barnett

imported post

The .44 mag is a VERY NICE caliber. Ruger makes a nice semi-automatic rifle in that caliber. I think the Ruger Redhawk with a 5 1/2 in barrel would make a nice carry gun...a little big...but managable. You can use .44 Specials for defensive loads...and the recoil is VERY light.

nova

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Don Barnett wrote:

We'll see.

As much as I'd like to believe that's how it would work, I doubt it. The pro-gun vote against Obama wasn't enough to stop him from getting elected so I highly doubt he cares if he pisses off the pro-gun crowd because there's little chance of them stopping him from getting re-elected.

Let's hope you're right though.
For once, I agree with you.

David.Car

imported post

Update: Sold a couple things at the last weekends gun show. Went home and started making orders...

If you are interested in getting any AR-15 besides what comes pre-built into your local store, you should order now.

Places are backed up on orders everywhere for weeks into months (depending on manufacturer)

I am looking at:

1month for my lower

3-4 weeksat the SOONESTfor my kit (barrel + upper + lower parts) to ship

3-4 weeks just for PMAGS backorder to come in

and that was all ordered last weekend before the votes came in, now places are just backing up further and further

Edit: At least I got my orders in before the wednesday morning price bump. Damn the stores who are already gouging prices and adding mark ups that don't exist on their ordering side.

Flintlock

imported post

I had some free time and decided to browse around and check some stuff out at the local gun shops. What I saw was borderline absurd. They were all swamped and AK's, AR's, etc. were flying out the window. Ammunition is in very short supply as arepopular firearms and accessories, holsters, etc..

I am almost at the point of declaring a full-scale panic mode.

Prices are increasing and I have heard that sales are up nationwide by as much as 50%. I wonder how long this will continue...

I hope the manufacturers are raising the productionlevels of "regular capacity" mags...

KatieVT

imported post

I went shopping today as well. Both gun shops I went had a whole bunch of people. It's not just deer season shopping - people arebuying guns because they are concerned about the political environment. A whole bunch of people were looking at pistols.

The clerk (owner/manager?) said that he ordered some guns today that are costing him $70 more than last week.

BTW, did you guys know that Smith & Wesson is having a rebate on their handguns. It's $50 back (making a Sigma 9mm from one place $300)OR 2 extra magazines.

FogRider

imported post

Flintlock wrote:
I am almost at the point of declaring a full-scale panic mode.

Prices are increasing and I have heard that sales are up nationwide by as much as 50%. I wonder how long this will continue...
I think that much of it is just a viscous cycle, like we saw with fuel prices after the hurricanes. People assumed that prices would go up, so they rushed to buy fuel, demand skyrocketed causing prices to go up, which caused people to panic and rush out to buy fuel. All this was before any actual supply problems occurred. If I had to guess, I'd say that demand/prices are going to drop back to reasonable fairly soon, and they may or may not go back up, depending of any legislation. Right now folks are in panic mode, working on the assumption that bad things are afoot (they may or may not be, that's up in the air right now). This is a temporary bubble that will pop. It may come back, but it will pop soon.

One thing to keep in mind over the coming years is that prices will go up somewhat. This will not be due to Obama, the same thing would happen with anyone elected. Inflation is going to raise prices, so please keep that in mind before you go rushing off to blame someone.

Flintlock

imported post

FogRider wrote:
One thing to keep in mind over the coming years is that prices will go up somewhat. This will not be due to Obama, the same thing would happen with anyone elected. Inflation is going to raise prices, so please keep that in mind before you go rushing off to blame someone.
I agree with your analysis about pricing and I do think this is panic driven, but I didn't blame anyone for anything. Whatever is occuring is good for the gun world for the time being no matter whois causing it.

Jizzzle

imported post

does anyone have a glock 29 or has anyone fired a glock 29? I'm in the market. What do you think of it?

Any just another question, what's the difference in ft/lbs between comparable standard personal protecton rounds between 10mm and .45 acp? i've been looking around the internet and i must be asking good the wrong questions becuase i'm having issues finding it.