• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Intent to open carry in Milwaukee

smithman

imported post

Para, we are all hoping for the best. While I haven't OCed in a Menards before, I OC around my yard all the time, and while walking around my neigborhood.

apjonas

imported post

The $64K Question. (not adjusted for inflation)

Parabellum is either

(1) Serving his DC sentence or

(2) Hung over from the wild partying that came after dismissal.

My money is on (2)

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

DA ditched my attorney, nothing happened and now we dont even know when the next time we'll see the DA is. My attorney will contact him tomorrow to findout what happend. I have 300 cash to buy another handgun now, because i dont think ill be getting mine back soon.:cry:Any suggestions. Is there a Gun Show soon?

Rick Finsta

imported post

Hmmmmm... Sounds like you're getting the run-around. Keep us posted.

For a replacement, may I suggest one of the German Law-Enforcement SIG 226 in 9mm trade-ins available at AIM Surplus for $270, plus the shipping and your local FFL's transfer fee. Should be a bit over $300 if you can find an inexpensive transferor. If you didn't have a case pending, I'd think it would be a good idea to use this as a publicity stunt and have one of the local gun shops do a free transfer for you, coordinated through a local news station, or a talk radio show. Given the circumstances, I think it's best to play CYA and not attract attention until after the fact.

Oh, it looks like there is a Bob and Rocco show at the Waukesha Expo Forum on the weekend of June 20-22, but that's a ways off.

If you're looking for something in the meantime, Badger Outdoor usually has a decent supply of inexpensive used units, though you probably won't find anything similar to what you had for less than $500 locally.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Para:

I'd have your attorney DEMAND an immediate hearing. You have the right to face your accuser and to a "speedy" trial. They violate the constitution when they postpone like this.

I'd also suggest having a buddy write a letter to the editor, JS probably won't print it, but I'd send it anyway.

No names or details, just a general letter asking why the government can seize property without do process. I know a guy who was detained, and disarmed, and then NOTHING. No hearing, no trial, no nothing. What the heck is up with the DA's office that they can violate the constitution without repercussions.

I'd also be filing a complaint the the AG against this DA.

That's just my thoughts, and remember I still a young'in so my thoughts aren't necessarily advice.

WIG19

imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
Para:

I'd have your attorney ...
Can I assume your attorney already has prepared a petition to the court for return of property at conclusion if not so ordered when the charge is discarded?

The spectator sport of watching a DA's office swing nervously in the breeze is not amusing; they should get on with it. The longer they go, the more they reveal of their true character.

Contact page for WI DoJ here:

http://www.doj.state.wi.us/ag/contact.asp

I had hopes for AG Van Hollen; his performance thus far has been that of ice-milk in a blender. They will get my phone call later today.

:X

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

i dont have a criminal record so my attorney doesnt want this to go to court and mess it up.. I have ASKED if she would demand a trial but she is sure that this should be thrown out on its merits. Decloratory Judgements are never passed on Criminal Procedings andrarely in Civil trials(this is what my attorney told me and i havent found many examples to show otherwise).On a completely seperate note,can anyone find which statuteor other law prohibits possession of a pistolor other weaponwhile intoxicated? not in a bar, i mean drunk anywhere.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

Parabellum wrote:
i dont have a criminal record so my attorney doesnt want this to go to court and mess it up.. I have ASKED if she would demand a trial but she is sure that this should be thrown out on its merits. Decloratory Judgements are never passed on Criminal Procedings andrarely in Civil trials(this is what my attorney told me and i havent found many examples to show otherwise).On a completely seperate note,can anyone find which statuteor other law prohibits possession of a pistolor other weaponwhile intoxicated? not in a bar, i mean drunk anywhere.
Check 941.20(b)

apjonas

imported post

Parabellum wrote:

Nobody wants you to go to trial. Since you have not been charged there is no way to force a trial anyway. As noted, your attorney can take action to recover your property. However, a DJ action is still possible. The DJ is NOT about this specific case but rather the general principle of open carry. Your attorney should know this. Ask her if she has ever heard of Bowers v. Hardwick. This is a Supreme Court case that started as a DJ action. Essentially you tell the judge that you were arrested for open carry and your property seized. You were never charged. You intend to continue to open carry and don't want a repeat performance.

How does the DA "ditch" your attorney? She wasn't going on a date. Did you have an appointment or didn't you? What is the name of the ADA that did the "ditching"? Why the question about drinking? Were you intoxicated when arrested?

One other thing you (and anyone else who cares to) is to contact local media people that might be sympathetic. They might be able to squeeze an answer out of the DA, police, etc. I am not familiar with the markets but have heard the following while traveling:

Mark Belling
WISN - 1130 AM
http://www.belling.com/main.html
markbelling@clearchannel.com
3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
(414) 799-1130

Vicki McKenna
WIBA - 1310 AM
http://www.wiba.com/pages/vicki.html
vickymckenna@clearchannel.com
3 p.m. - 6 p.m.
(608) 321-1310

apjonas

imported post

The crickets are chirping...... Does anyone have independent verification of this story? I'm beginning to think hoax again. Either that or Parabellum isn't communicating clearly. Too many holes in what he says.

Parabellum

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I want a trial. Wisconsin is not known for DJ and they tend to reject criminal case DJ. The appointment was at 830AM and had already taken place but no decision was made although he was supposed to relay to my attorney his decision before 5PM but he didn't, he went home. Still hasn't made a decision. I don't know the ADAs name, my attorney told me but I forgot it. The intoxicated question was on something unrelated(which you could have guessed if you read the post) and no I wasn't intoxicated when I was arrested(thanks for the statute Shotgun). My attorney advised me to stay out of the media until after the charges are dropped or until a jury is selected for a trial. Pointman can verify the story. And no one cares you think its a hoax, people who PM me for validation get it.My communication is unclear because i have to edit everything i say so that I don't let important information slip out. And there are holes because that is privileged information that I cant make public but Pointman and a select few(other OCers and OCDO members to whom i favor) have been allowed to hear the story without "holes" and when i get my firearm back or after a trial starts ill be happy to put that account on the thread for all to see. But until then the story keeps its holes and communication will continue to be unclear, unless someone points something out that I might be able to answer. WIG19 my attorney is a Public Defender and can only help me until the charges are dropped or defeated in court but she is trying to get the gun back along with getting them to drop the charges. And yes I was very busy today, I wish people would give me a full day to answer questions or send me a PM or IM if they want an answer quickly(instead of accusing me of fabricating a hoax). And finally Doug...please explain your post cause i read it over and over and I still don't get it.

GJD

imported post

I support Parabellum. This is not a hoax. I've seen proof. Actually, I'm kind of surprised that the DA didn't drop this case already. It just seems like you have all of the evidence on your side, and by evidence I mean the freakin' laws!

pkbites

imported post

The crickets are chirping...... Does anyone have independent verification of this story? I'm beginning to think hoax again. Either that or Parabellum isn't communicating clearly. Too many holes in what he says.

I agree

GJD wrote:

I support Parabellum. This is not a hoax. I've seen proof.

Then prove it!

Wisconsin has a wonderful system called CCAP in which cases can be checked. Parabellum needs to email his/her name to an administrator of these boards so this story can be checked out. This way he/she can remain anonymous on this board and the admin canverifythis case istrue.

If he/she refuses,one of us in the area has to go into that PD and check the public information computer to see if this actually happened. If no such report/arrest was taken, bullshit will be called, and Para's credibility will be minus 100%!!

I live iin West Allis/Milwaukee. 10 minutes and I'm there. The gauntlet is set. Put up or shut up Para/GJD. Nothing personal against you, but credibility is everything.

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/index.xsl;jsessionid=8111000DEF2EE2D54BF6911B9E5F596E.render2

GJD

imported post

I've been asked not to post the video by Parabellum. It shows the complaint by the Milwaukee DA. I think that a few others have seen it, but remained quiet.No one has any reason to call my credibility into question. I do not personally know Parabellum.I'm not sure why you want to see so much information. Parabellum should not release anything until after his case is dropped.

pkbites

imported post

GJD wrote:
I'm not sure why you want to see so much information. Parabellum should not release anything until after his case is dropped.
Even with no conviction the case is public information. All Para has to do is let the admins of this site have enough info to prove it's real. No names need be revealed.

I'd believe Mike or John if they said it's real.