• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is now time to cover up for a while?

MikeTheGreek

I think it's the perfect time to support OC more than usual. Especially with the whole "End of the world" crap tomorrow. People are going to be doing stupid things. A kit at my little sisters school told a bunch of kids he was bringing a gun to school for the end of the world. Yeah...not cool.

I'll be out all day xmas shopping, a massacre is a reminder of why I carry a gun everywhere. If someone is thinking about doing the same while I'm out, hopefully they'll see the OC and think twice.

Thats just my thought.I'm sure OCers will be getting hassled a lot more the next few weeks though, until this dies down.

FreeInAZ

AZCDL nails it! Nothing like calling it like it is...

http://constitutionclub.org/2012/12...-league-weighs-in-on-the-sandy-hook-shooting/

Snip -

We need to stop pretending that doing “something” will solve the problem, and start focusing on doing the right thing. We don’t hang little plastic signs on policemen that say “No crimes allowed”. We give them badges and guns, and teach them how to deal with bad guys. Why should we do any less for the people that we entrust our precious children to nearly every day?

sharkey

That's what I told my sister. I said you're staying home and if my dad has a problem with it he can take it up with me.

What do you know that I don't? My kids are going to school tomorrow (ok today, damn I need to go to bed) and will be enjoying their Christmas parties.

MikeTheGreek

What do you know that I don't? My kids are going to school tomorrow (ok today, damn I need to go to bed) and will be enjoying their Christmas parties.

Like I said, some kid at my sisters school said he was bringing a gun because of the whole end of the world thing. So she's definitely staying home.

sharkey

Like I said, some kid at my sisters school said he was bringing a gun because of the whole end of the world thing. So she's definitely staying home.

I missed that part. Understood now. I hope someone reported the threat.

Good night.

fire suppressor

After the first of the year I would like to get out and have a few open carry lunches. Not only would this help me learn a little bit more about Michigan but I also think it would be a great way to normalize people to open carry again and prove we are not the people the world needs be scared of. This is just preliminary with no specific dates times or locations but is anyone interested in a general traverse city meet up?

TheQ

After the first of the year I would like to get out and have a few open carry lunches. Not only would this help me learn a little bit more about Michigan but I also think it would be a great way to normalize people to open carry again and prove we are not the people the world needs be scared of. This is just preliminary with no specific dates times or locations but is anyone interested in a general traverse city meet up?

Venator may hold one next week on behalf of Michigan Open Carry. Stay tuned.

Acdrenik

Holster

with the weather turning on us back to good ol' Michigan 30 degree days, its time to bring out the winter coat. Does anyone know of a good lower hip holster that allows OC with a jacket on? I currently have a BlackHawk Serpa with the Paddle. The Paddle fits perfectly in the pocket of my jeans which allows for OC but its just "sitting" there. I was looking for something with a little more stability. Any advise?

I have a Smith & Wesson SD9

Acdrenik

I use one of those 2" rather stiff black duty belts with the plastic latch type buckle. Attach the holster to it, and wear it on the outside of the coat. When you want to take off the gun, just case it, and take off the belt and holster in one simple click.

So you have a separate belt?

FreeInAZ

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?138-Holsters-and-Accessories

Ac - you might try posting on the main forum. There are lots of folks out there who may know where to get the best holster for your needs. See holsters and accessories. Good luck. FIA:D

ETA - some idea's: Bladetech, safariland 1.5 inch belt drop, modular kydex systems or custom holster if you want to go that route:

http://blade-tech.com/Dropped-Offset-Holster-w-SRB-Loop-pr-1163.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00504GZFU...e=395261&creativeASIN=B00504GZFU&linkCode=asn

http://garrettindustries.mybigcommerce.com/owb-mounts/

http://www.purekustomholsters.com/ (AZ co.) ;)

Last edited:

Acdrenik

Wow thank you guys for all your help!! I will look at the links and thank you for your picture. I wasn't sure if this was OT or not because I can't really OC with a coat, only CC which I DON'T WANT TO DO! Thanks again guys!