• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is now time to cover up for a while?

Ezerharden

You mean "Michigan Open Carry unless we want easier concealed carry?"

"We" as in Michigan Open Carry or "We" as in Maine Open Carry? Either way, one of the purposes of MOC is to promote gun rights across the board. I guess you kind of have to live in Michigan and attend the seminars, events, etc to really get a feel for that. Again, the important thing is to carry (regardless of method), educate, and promote gun rights.

Last edited:

alphamale

Excellent point and I agree, remove the trashing, silliness and noise and we have not that much here of substance, and I think it is because so many left in disgust. Once we get the idiot factor under control for a period of time people might return and I think, or assume this is why we have MODS now who work hard to stop the noise.

I wouldn't say that. The "other" Forum offer has as many posts as this one. Plus, if you remove the noise from this forum (ex: most of this thread -- including this post) is this forum really that busy?

alphamale

In all fairness many left due to the stainless mentality, and I talked to a few who named him as one of the main reasons they left. Now my question is when will that frog be finally boiled.

In fairness MOC is not as active as OCDO, two Pat whoever he is seems to be consumed with Stainless1911, could they be twins?

Last edited:

alphamale

We agree and it isn't just the MODS who should be cleaning this site up, it should be everyone and if we have to resort to the Amish shunning technique and completely ignore the idiots to the point they are blocked by everyone, then we shall see them change or leave. It takes more than one to destroy a thread, the troll and those who fight with the trolls.

And as a result, I just added my first troll to my ignore list. I never liked frog legs anyways...

I agree. These problems don't exist on the Michigan Open Carry forum. I don't think it's to the credit of the management there nor to the discredit of the management here.

It's just a problem with the "mix" of participants...

Last edited: