• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is now time to cover up for a while?

TheQ

These conversations of which is better -- OC or CC. Both sides have them and they do nothing but divide us -- as brothers in arms.

Once again, I'll ask you all to stop. Let us be at arms, unified and together.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I have backed it up, just because one person agrees with your comments doesn't mean I was incorrect in my assessment of your comments as I read them.

You seem to have trouble with this English language you keep accusing us of not comprehending.

He did not merely agree with my comments. He pointed out that they did not do what you said they did.

And I asked you to show me how they were negative, not to affirm that you think so.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

These conversations of which is better -- OC or CC. Both sides have them and they do nothing but divide us -- as brothers in arms.

I have said that several times. OC, CC, doesn't matter, just carry, educate, and work together. (I am about to make that a macro for easier repetition)

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I can live with that.

Accuse me of saying something that I didn't say (when my post is here for all to read) and refuse to even show me why you think it says what you think it says, and then ignore me for taking you to task for it.

Man up.

EDIT: Next time I'll remember to QFT when dealing with someone who can't be held accountable for insults and insinuations.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

I can live with that.

Accuse me of saying something that I didn't say (when my post is here for all to read) and refuse to even show me why you think it says what you think it says, and then ignore me for taking you to task for it.

Man up.

EDIT: Next time I'll remember to QFT when dealing with someone who can't be held accountable for insults and insinuations.

I have tried to show you how I took your post, if you don't like that or can't understand that, not my problem. I have nothing further to say, you have your opinion and I have mine.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I have tried to show you how I took your post,...

Quoting my entire post, and labeling it "negative" and accusatory of "no value" does not show how you arrived at what I (and others) still fail to see as negative and accusatory.

Last edited:

Ezerharden

Quoting my entire post, and labeling it "negative" and accusatory of "no value" does not show how you arrived at what I (and others) still fail to see as negative and accusatory.

Ok, how about this then. A few direct question regarding your post. Do you believe CC has any value in regards to promoting gun rights? Do you believe that anyone CC'ing promotes gun rights? Do you believe that it will take ALL gun owners, regardless of OC or CC to change perceptions and fight for our rights?

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Ok, how about this then. A few direct question regarding your post. Do you believe CC has any value in regards to promoting gun rights? Do you believe that anyone CC'ing promotes gun rights? Do you believe that it will take ALL gun owners, regardless of OC or CC to change perceptions and fight for our rights?

Absolutely.
Absolutely.
Absolutely.

I honestly think you saw something in my post that simply wasn't there.

Bronson

I have said that several times. OC, CC, doesn't matter, just carry, educate, and work together.

You're right...it doesn't matter, but it doesn't do anybody any good to not honestly look at what any mode of carry does or doesn't do.

Let's look at education. I have NEVER had a gun conversation that was predicated on me concealed carrying. That's not something CC is all that good for. That doesn't make it right or wrong it's just not a good conversation starter. Whereas I've had several gun rights/carrying/law discussions specifically because I was open carrying.

That doesn't makes CC worthless or not a valid mode of carry. It just does very little to spread the idea that lawful people with guns is a good and normal thing...it's out-of-sight-out-of-mind. In truth I CC more often than I OC but I know that when I do I won't be answering questions or educating anybody about our rights. I look just like everyone else, unarmed, so they are not exposed to the idea that we, as free people, have the right to be armed. They don't see the right in action, and if they don't see it then it doesn't exist to them.

That is not a condemnation, it is just reality.

Bronson

Last edited:

wizzi01

I read this and all I see is wah wah wah. Everybody needs to stop arguing and band together. We have a long road ahead of us.

alphamale

Pretty obvious when he spends his time always defending stainless 1911, like it's personal...

Who is he attacking? Stainless1911?

He doesn't participate on this forum. That's like personal attacks against Obama and Piers Morgan, isn't it?

alphamale

Watching this site since early in 2010 and finally stepped in to say a few words, what I have learned is there are some here who are here to promote a personal bias only and not gun rights as a rule. The bashing of CC is as bad here as the bashing of OC on the Law Enforcement sites I belong to. It seems there are some here that fail to grasp a simple concept of "divide and Conquer" and others use that same concept daily here. The division has weakened OC considerably and they still fail to see this because the ones mentioned by me have a personal bias that blinds them to the principle that "UNITED We Stand, and Divided We Fall".

Many have left this site due to the partisan bickering and many more will leave for the same reasons.

For one I think boiling frogs in a stainless steel pot is their undoing, for the others, if you fail to grasp the simple concept that attacking your own because they choose to carry CC or OC on certain days, only hurts everyone in the end, and will help the Anti's only.

I have seen more sound reasoning in Elementary schools, than what I have seen from a few in here who scream the loudest.

Till it gets fixed, I am going to only visit once in a very long while, and soon I may do like the many others who left and never looked back. The division, and few hateful minions have and still rule this forum for the most part. Kinda sad.

Either we agree to support rights and not preferences, we have and will fail.

TheQ

Watching this site since early in 2010 and finally stepped in to say a few words, what I have learned is there are some here who are here to promote a personal bias only and not gun rights as a rule. The bashing of CC is as bad here as the bashing of OC on the Law Enforcement sites I belong to. It seems there are some here that fail to grasp a simple concept of "divide and Conquer" and others use that same concept daily here. The division has weakened OC considerably and they still fail to see this because the ones mentioned by me have a personal bias that blinds them to the principle that "UNITED We Stand, and Divided We Fall".

Many have left this site due to the partisan bickering and many more will leave for the same reasons.

For one I think boiling frogs in a stainless steel pot is their undoing, for the others, if you fail to grasp the simple concept that attacking your own because they choose to carry CC or OC on certain days, only hurts everyone in the end, and will help the Anti's only.

I have seen more sound reasoning in Elementary schools, than what I have seen from a few in here who scream the loudest.

Till it gets fixed, I am going to only visit once in a very long while, and soon I may do like the many others who left and never looked back. The division, and few hateful minions have and still rule this forum for the most part. Kinda sad.

Either we agree to support rights and not preferences, we have and will fail.

I agree. These problems don't exist on the Michigan Open Carry forum. I don't think it's to the credit of the management there nor to the discredit of the management here.

It's just a problem with the "mix" of participants...

TheQ

You have Pat, and you claim there isn't a problem? Thats funny right there.

Some people do change, believe it or not. Have you checked out the Michigan Open Carry forum lately?

Low noise ratio. Hardly any locked threads. No trolling *shrugs* yep -- and Pat posts there regularly.

Raggs

I agree. These problems don't exist on the Michigan Open Carry forum. I don't think it's to the credit of the management there nor to the discredit of the management here.

It's just a problem with the "mix" of participants...

In fairness MOC is not as active as OCDO, two Pat whoever he is seems to be consumed with Stainless1911, could they be twins?

TheQ

In fairness MOC is not as active as OCDO, two Pat whoever he is seems to be consumed with Stainless1911, could they be twins?

I wouldn't say that. The "other" Forum offer has as many posts as this one. Plus, if you remove the noise from this forum (ex: most of this thread -- including this post) is this forum really that busy?