• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is now time to cover up for a while?

FreeInAZ

It was caught on video (just kidding Boiledfrogs)

Even In Hand Open Carry (IHOC)? ;)

No need for a gun the police are just 15 minutes away from a guy with a RPG.

[video=youtube;69SZocPuexE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69SZocPuexE[/video]

FreeInAZ

On Topic - Now more than ever people need to see that honest citizens are the good guys and we cannot always count on the police to be there as the video above demonstrates. Carry on openly my fellow Americans.

alphamale

Your position "against concealed carry" makes no sense. Being inclusive invites others to come to our point of view, and being exclusive drives people away from seeing our argument. The very argument you give is exactly why gun owners have been loosing rights for the last 44 years.

Maybe you were oblivious or not old enough to remember the debates between gun owners who said all gun rights should be fought for EXCEPT we need to ban assault weapons argument.

Maybe you are unaware of the we should turn our backs on NFA (licensed automatic weapons) gun owners stance?

Fractionalizing is the best way to destroy all gun rights piecemeal, one group at a time striped of their rights because the others were like you willing to throw away rights of other to keep theirs.

This mentality is not unlike choosing who should not be saved and not saved, when a ship sinks, it makes no sense.

Frankly I find it instructive that one who railed against MCRGO for doing the same to us is willing to employ the same tactics against others.

You might take a look in the proverbial mirror and rethink your mentality.

If we "shut up" the only voice that will be heard will be theirs!

This is at the core of why I am against concealed carry.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I didn't read that as being against concealed carry as a legal option, but recognizing it as one that publicly makes no statement about how good guys with guns are out there.

A concealed carrier looks like an unarmed person. The only time they impact society is when they very rarely do something stupid that drops their gun, or leaves it in a bathroom, or flashes it with bad timing; or, yes, actually have to use it (this part helps (usually)). Otherwise, they look just like the average unarmed sheep in the fold, perpetuating the normalcy of being unarmed.

And I completely agree.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Concealed carry is an "out of sight... out of mind" kind of thing that fosters a societal lack of understanding that there is an actual right to bear arms..

And it is the societal lack of understanding that creates an atmosphere where anti gun individuals, anti gun organizations, and members of government, who have an agenda of eliminating any threat to their ability to force others to obey their will/control feel emboldened to attack the right to bear arms.

See my signature line in green below...........

Michigander

Even In Hand Open Carry (IHOC)? ;)

I must say, the idea that stainless isn't boiledfrogs is pretty cute. I mean come on dude, at least try to change your posting personality a little, unless you have the computer skills pat does to generate an endless supply of sock puppets.

TheQ

Concealed carry is an "out of sight... out of mind" kind of thing that fosters a societal lack of understanding that there is an actual right to bear arms..

And it is the societal lack of understanding that creates an atmosphere where anti gun individuals, anti gun organizations, and members of government, who have an agenda of eliminating any threat to their ability to force others to obey their will/control feel emboldened to attack the right to bear arms.

IIRC, you've been CC every time I've met you.

Ezerharden

Most people I know against CC are the ones who either lost it, or can't get it to begin with. Why expect them to be for something they don't have? I both CC and OC, depends on the situation. Bottom line is, I carry, all that matters.

Last edited:
B

Bikenut

Originally Posted by Bikenut Concealed carry is an "out of sight... out of mind" kind of thing that fosters a societal lack of understanding that there is an actual right to bear arms..

IIRC, you've been CC every time I've met you.
Cute... but you failed to mention that I was also OC'ing in addition to CC'ing every time you met me. Leaving out information in hopes of skewing the perception is a bit... disingenuous.

TheQ

Cute... but you failed to mention that I was also OC'ing in addition to CC'ing every time you met me. Leaving out information in hopes of skewing the perception is a bit... disingenuous.

You were espousing the evils of conceal carry and why it was bad. Yes, I did leave that out. But the post I quoted was you talking about conceal carry.

I was merely pointing out you conceal carry often

Shadow Bear

Michigan Moderator
Oh...you've never carried in a car?

Could a person outside the car readily tell you were carrying?

How do we know your claim is true? You're a relatively new poster.

He's a newbie with delusions of grandeur; you should see some of his other posts.....he makes some pretty bold statements, but he's never been to an outing or seminar. No one seems to know him, but he believes he knows us all. A little creepy, actually.....

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him on MOC or MGO, either. Strange.

Ezerharden

He's a newbie with delusions of grandeur; you should see some of his other posts.....he makes some pretty bold statements, but he's never been to an outing or seminar. No one seems to know him, but he believes he knows us all. A little creepy, actually.....

Come to think of it, I haven't seen him on MOC or MGO, either. Strange.

Seems more like delusions of adequacy. And very true, loud roar, little action.

Haman J.T.

The news has been reporting(worshiping) for a week or so ,about an ex soldier standing outside a school in full digital BDU's(battle dress uniform),totaly unarmed, as a deterent!They love it!But the pessimist that I am believes it's the "unarmed" part of full BDU they love.I'm sure if he was armed,as I believe he should and I would be,it would be another story! I wear woodland and tiger stripe BDU pants 50% of the time(my wardrobe is split 50-50) and I act just as warm,polite,legal and civil as a Minister should,which as you mentioned all 2A adherents must be. Actions ARE louder than words or dress! God Bless Y'all! CARRY ON!

B

Bikenut

You were espousing the evils of conceal carry and why it was bad. Yes, I did leave that out. But the post I quoted was you talking about conceal carry.

I was merely pointing out you conceal carry often
Phil... your pointing out that I conceal carry every time you met me while not mentioning that I also open carried every time you met me cast unnecessary aspersions upon the credibility of my post. If you wish to have the support of fellow gun owners/carriers in your endeavors as the President of a gun rights group kindly stop that silly stuff Ok? After all... it isn't just me who reads these posts AND the responses to them.

It is time for the gun community to come together... not play games with each other.

TheQ

I'm merely saying all of this anti-CC talk is as pointless as anti-OC talk.

Right now I'm sitting in the Lobby of Red Lobster. I haven't taken my coat off yet because people keep walking in and out. Care to guess what morse of carry I am in right now?

Last edited: