• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's official, MKEGal charged with 941.23

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
FYI - PWC_Glock has posted a $1000 match challenge in the thread about this case in the hot topics section of the forum. It expires at midnight tonight. Now is the time to donate folks & double your money for this good cause. 

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! 

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

MKEgal

pepsiaddict said:
Is there a dash cam video you have access to for your case?
I updated an earlier post to explain that yes, we have what appears to be the complete video. Though it does not show the whole car, including most of what they did in my trunk, it shows very clearly that the one officer who is accusing me of concealing simply did not look at me the first time she was at the car. When she did look at me, she saw the pistol, openly carried as I normally do.

Grapeshot said:
Keep your spirit up, we're behind you all the way.
Great... you're the ones with the guns - I should be behind you!

For those who are local, if you could possibly come lend moral support during the trial, esp. the second day, I would very much appreciate it.
It's scheduled for Mon. & Tues. the 23rd & 24th, 9-5.
Milwaukee County Courthouse, Room 629; 901 N 9th St.
If you can only come for an hour or two, that's fine - at least there's a show of support. If you have to pick one day over the other, I'd prefer Tues., as it should be when the jury comes to a verdict.
If we get a jury that's able to understand the evidence, we'll go to Aaron's restaurant afterwards to celebrate. :monkey

NoTolerance

I'd like to come. I'm going to see about getting some time off.

We should, I don't know, color coordinate the supporters or something so you can get a visual of who has your back while you defend ours.

PFC HALE

I updated an earlier post to explain that yes, we have what appears to be the complete video. Though it does not show the whole car, including most of what they did in my trunk, it shows very clearly that the one officer who is accusing me of concealing simply did not look at me the first time she was at the car. When she did look at me, she saw the pistol, openly carried as I normally do.

Great... you're the ones with the guns - I should be behind you!

For those who are local, if you could possibly come lend moral support during the trial, esp. the second day, I would very much appreciate it.
If you can only come for an hour or two, that's fine - at least there's a show of support. If you have to pick one day over the other, I'd prefer Tues., as it should be when the jury comes to a verdict.
If we get a jury that's able to understand the evidence, we'll go to Aaron's restaurant afterwards to celebrate. :monkey

good luck on this, fingers crossed for a win!

TyGuy

Is there parking nearby? When will we know what room it will be in?

IDK if I can make it, but I shall try. I used to spend a lot of time in Milwaukee when I was a Reservist at Mitchell Air Reserve Station. Sadly that base is closed now, the 440th is disbanded, and the aircraft have been absorbed by a unit at Pope AFB in North Carolina. :-(

The 440th Airlift Wing - survived Iraq, killed by BRAC (Base Realignment And Closure)

MKEgal

TyGuy said:
Is there parking nearby?
Yes - under the 'safety building', which is across the street to the south from the courthouse complex, which can be a bit expensive.
There's on-street parking, which is max 2h I think.
And there are private parking lots / structures galore. I'm planning to park at one a few blocks away toward the river that's $5 for the whole day.

When will we know what room it will be in?
Since it was assigned to the judge...

I doubt it'll be videotaped, other than the news cameras, and I don't know if the judge would allow regular citizens to tape. Of course, there are such things as hidden cameras & it is a public proceeding in a public building. If I have to put up with being on camera, so should they.

Last edited:

range rat

Yes - under the 'safety building', which is across the street to the south from the courthouse complex, which can be a bit expensive.
And there are private parking lots / structures galore. I'm planning to park at one a few blocks away toward the river that's $5 for the whole day.

I doubt it'll be videotaped, other than the news cameras, and I don't know if the judge would allow regular citizens to tape. Of course, there are such things as hidden cameras & it is a public proceeding in a public building. If I have to put up with being on camera, so should they.

Can I wear my Wisconsin Carry T Shirt ??? any idea what there serveing for lunch? or is it a Box thing ?? I'ts been along time since I watch the MPD make fools of them selfs.. mmmmm I wonder if I can Log this as a Job Seach ?? Oh well, I'll along some resume's just in cass...

shernandez

Good luck, MKEgal.

MKEgal

'Guns save lives' buttons would be visible, & could be put in your lunch bag or briefcase until you're through 'security'. [ETA: there are places to buy sandwiches, drinks, & snacks, but I suppose they're expensive. I'm packing a lunch.]

From experience, wearing a holster or WI Carry shirt is likely to get you hassled at the checkpoint.
(Once when I wore a holster, they tried to tell me I couldn't bring it into the building*, then tried to stop the elevator from moving away from the floor, then had a guard follow me around the building & called a real deputy... who was completely cool.
Another time I wore a WI Carry T-shirt & was fine until I took off my jacket while waiting for the elevator, then they started yelling at me, demanding to know where I was going.
One time they also had problems with a package of AA batteries for my camera
.)

Of course, a bunch of harassment complaints to the Sheriff (& media?) all in a couple of days might just get their attention, & maybe they'd stop discriminating based on 1A freedom of expression.

*They asked if the holster was for my GPS, which apparently would have been OK. When I said it was for a pistol they didn't like that.

Last edited:

Fallschirjmäger

IMG_20120709_210719.jpg

Something like that?

DocWalker

'Guns save lives' buttons would be visible, & could be put in your lunch bag or briefcase until you're through 'security'. [ETA: there are places to buy sandwiches, drinks, & snacks, but I suppose they're expensive. I'm packing a lunch.]

From experience, wearing a holster or WI Carry shirt is likely to get you hassled at the checkpoint.
(Once when I wore a holster, they tried to tell me I couldn't bring it into the building*, then tried to stop the elevator from moving away from the floor, then had a guard follow me around the building & called a real deputy... who was completely cool.
Another time I wore a WI Carry T-shirt & was fine until I took off my jacket while waiting for the elevator, then they started yelling at me, demanding to know where I was going.
One time they also had problems with a package of AA batteries for my camera
.)

Of course, a bunch of harassment complaints to the Sheriff (& media?) all in a couple of days might just get their attention, & maybe they'd stop discriminating based on 1A freedom of expression.

*They asked if the holster was for my GPS, which apparently would have been OK. When I said it was for a pistol they didn't like that.

What are they the fashion police? Since when is an "EMPLY" holster a dangerous weapon? These are the people that should never leave the house.

MKEgal

DocWalker said:
Since when is an EMPTY holster a dangerous weapon?
What made it even more fun is that it was my black nylon holster, & I was carrying a black nylon backpack. They had no problem with the backpack, which is basically just a larger version of the holster.
When I pointed this out to the deputy, he understood completely.
I think he had sort of a "you guys are idiots for wasting my time with this!" look on his face when he arrived & the 'security guard' & bailiff explained why they'd summoned him.
:rolleyes:
And if I'd simply lied & said it was for my GPS, they seemingly would have been OK with it.
:banghead:

Helorob

Gps?

And if I'd simply lied & said it was for my GPS, they seemingly would have been OK with it.

That would be the Glock Pistol System ? Always knew those guys didn't want any of the Non-Glock people allowed.
:lol:
I couldn't resist. Time to go home.
Rob

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Time to be an active 2A supporter!

Can anybody car pool from Rock County on the 24th? I'd like to support MKEgal during this unfair attack on her rights.

MKEgal

OK, folks...
The trial is Monday, possibly into Tuesday (apparently this judge is wanting to hurry things along).

Today I was told (repeatedly, forcefully) that it would be a Bad Idea (TM) for people coming to support me to wear holsters or WCI / NRA shirts.
This could very easily be used against me.
PLEASE DON'T.
Probably even buttons would be bad.
Just dress office casual. Pretend you're normal. :rolleyes:

And it would be bad to talk about the case amongst yourselves in the hall, bathroom, elevator, courtroom (during breaks).
Again, PLEASE DON'T.

My lawyer asks that if you can't do these things, please don't come to the trial, because it might end up hurting my case. I want to win at this level, not have the stress, hassle, & expen$e of going to an appeal.