• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It's official, MKEGal charged with 941.23

scm54449

Opt-Out Members
NOT GUILTY!!!!!!
Now, how many dancing monkeys can I throw in here?
:monkey :banana: :monkey :banana: :monkey :banana:

WONDERFUL NEWS!!!!!

I hope and pray this will open an opportunity to gain some compensation for the sh*t storm they tried to put you through! Please let us know if you need further contributions to fund an action against MPD to get your sidearm back!

Nascar24Glock

NOT GUILTY!!!!!!
Now, how many dancing monkeys can I throw in here?
:monkey :banana: :monkey :banana: :monkey :banana:

AWESOME!

I realize that this is a simple trial court and doesn't create precedent. But, the outcome would be even better if the AG would see this case and issue an opinion that the previous "car carry is concealed cary" case was based pre-Act 35 law and no longer applies.

Now, it would really be cool if you can sue these officers and get some restitution, like the Madison 5 did.

M

McX

CONGRATS! MKE! let me know when it's time to party till we puke. your burgers or mine?

KBCraig

Outstanding!

Boy, that Journal-Sentinel just doesn't like the verdict, do they?

"It was the second time her gun-wearing habit had gotten her arrested, and the second time she avoided conviction."

What? "Avoided conviction"? I think you spelled "WAS FOUND INNOCENT" wrong!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
YES! To the members of LE who chose to abuse the public trust by violation of their oaths & krysta's civil rights -
**** **!

Giving up civil rights for security is a certain way to lose both! :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

davidmcbeth

Banned
It was clear that the facts never supported the charge .. glad to see a sober jury noted this .. I think all these gov't folks are on crack, really.

Congrats to MKE !!!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Fantastic news - prayers were answered.

May I ask how the contributions worked out? Hope that legals fees were covered and that there was some left for discretionary purposes.
What was donated was done w/o any strings attached - to be used as needed. Let us know if more is needed, seriously.

Hope that someone local will throw a celebratory dinner and find someone to help her paint her house.

MKEgal, you've been though hell - sleep well tonight, tomorrow begins the rest of your life. :D

PQ36

Amen! Congrats! Glad to hear it! Finally, a lucid moment in the courts! WoooHoooo!

You pick the caliber and I'll buy you a box of ammunition for range celebration!

I trust we can still send $donations to attorneys office. Please advise if different.

Thank you for being one to stand up for what is right!

Congratulations.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
OUTSTANDING!

Even though you do not have your firearm back, your ILLEGAL restrictions on carrying firearms was immediately removed, yes? While I'm certain you've been taken care of locally, let me know if otherwise.

I would count it a high honor to have you arrested with one of my firearms. Wait, that didn't come out right...

Last edited:

MKEgal

Grapeshot said:
May I ask how the contributions worked out?
Not sure of the final totals yet. Will let you know when I find out what her final bill will be, & I should work on totalling contributions (maybe tomorrow; not tonight).

Hope that someone local will throw a celebratory dinner and find someone to help her paint her house.
I was thinking of inviting my local supporters to coffee at the infamous coffee shop.
Will have to check with the owner to find a date that won't conflict with anything he has planned, & that he'll have extra baked goodies on hand.
Maybe make it a private event, after hours.
He testified for me, you know.

And yes, at the very least I have to paint the south wall this summer. First, I need to find someone to do a small carpentry job - my house still has a milk door! Want to replace it with solid wood + siding, then paint the whole wall.

PQ36 said:
You pick the caliber and I'll buy you a box of ammunition for range celebration!
Well, I've been hoping to test out my newest addition, which is .40.

I trust we can still send donations to attorneys office. Please advise if different.
She hasn't said not to.

gutshot said:
as I understand it, the LEO's story is that she failed to see you obeying the law, so you must be committing a crime.
I hadn't thought of it that way, but yes.
If this had been allowed to stand, all a LEO would have to do in order to arrest someone for ccw (& get charges brought) is to claim that s/he didn't see the gun at first glance.

Maybe it was too dark, or the person was wearing a purse on her other side...
Yes, seriously, those were 2 of the ADA's 'reasons'.
Somehow he thought that the purse on my LEFT hip, under my coat, prevented her from seeing what was in front of my RIGHT hip, not under my coat. :eek:

And then there's the "I couldn't see what was in front of her right hip while standing behind her & to her left while she was sitting in the driver's seat" option.
No, I do not make this stuff up. :banghead: