• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just handed in papers one week ago today... worried about wait time...

GrandZJ

I'm pretty sure he went to the PD and asked for a copy of his record. He had all sorts of papers on his arrest

Rich B

I'm pretty sure he went to the PD and asked for a copy of his record. He had all sorts of papers on his arrest

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2011/pub/chap961a.htm#Sec54-142a.htm

(c) (1) Whenever any charge in a criminal case has been nolled in the Superior Court, or in the Court of Common Pleas, if at least thirteen months have elapsed since such nolle, all police and court records and records of the state's or prosecuting attorney or the prosecuting grand juror pertaining to such charge shall be erased

Sec. 54-142c. Disclosure of erased records. (a) The clerk of the court or any person charged with retention and control of erased records by the Chief Court Administrator or any criminal justice agency having information contained in such erased records shall not disclose to anyone the existence of such erased records or information pertaining to any charge erased under any provision of this part, except as otherwise provided in this chapter.

He needs to go through the statute and what they disclosed and make sure it follows the law (sure sounds like it does not). If they deny him based on those records, he needs to fight it.

GrandZJ

He got it all from the records division in Enfield. I just asked him. He got the paperwork a few months ago to make sure it was definitely nollied and wouldn't get in the way of his pursuing being a state policeman and getting his permit.

Rich B

He got it all from the records division in Enfield. I just asked him. He got the paperwork a few months ago to make sure it was definitely nollied and wouldn't get in the way of his pursuing being a state policeman and getting his permit.

Well normally you would get your disposition from the court, not the PD, but regardless, this sounds like quite an issue that should have been resolved before the permit application. Whether it will impact the permit is yet to be seen.

He should definitely have appealed many weeks ago though.

SPOProds

Where did he get this 'file'?

I know that if someone else requests my records they get nothing. If I go down to BPT PD myself and request a copy it still shows my dismissed case. Same thing if you go to the State Supreme Court Records in Enfield, they'll tell anyone else they have no info on me, I can however get a copy of my dismissal if necessary.

Not sure if this is the case here.