• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Justice for Trayvon" I'm carrying extra mags now!

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
I didn't see any deleted post (it's just gone), but I will agree it likely violated rules (as if I remember what the rules are), even if it was the truth -- and even though others here have said the similar things (except more "cordially" than I did).

I probably have to resist the urge to comment much anymore as it's either "the rules" or (on other Forums like Fox News) it's the "Disqus" auto-censor-bot looking for certain words (even if out of context or, a completely different meaning altogether). Whatever, it gets harder and harder to say anything meaningful -- or real.

Thanks for the info...

Last edited:

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
As I said earlier (in part of my deleted post): Wait until the trial, if Zimmerman gets off instead of being convicted -- another "Rodney King riot" is likely?

Residents in that town (FL and elsewhere, too?) where the event took place should have a "Repel Boarders" (R-B) gun on hand. Actually, EVERY home should have one such gun in stock regardless of what else is in the home's safe and regardless of any Zimmerman fallout.

And if the R-B gun doesn't use [detached] magazines [such as a SKS], at least be conversant with stripper-clips! ;-)

Now...I hope it was okay to say that (no Forum rules violated this time).

Last edited:

Ruby

So far, it's only been black on white. Or at least, that's all that's been reported in the media.

Looking at what's been happening the last few years with gangs - esp. teen gangs, & all the ones I've heard about have been primarily or exclusively black people - doing flash mobs & beating people, then adding in the hype these past couple months related to the defensive shootings in WI & FL, I think it's only common sense to expect that the gangs will get worse, the violence will get worse, and yes, eventually a mob will run into a person (or people) who are able to protect themselves.

Whether that sets off a nationwide power keg or is the impetus for the media & people like Jackson & Sharpton to get hold of themselves & start trying to defuse the problem, I don't know.

But I fully expect this summer will be more violent than the last, which was more violent than the last.
And no, I'm in no way "looking forward to it". :uhoh:

Reminds me of an old Judy Collins song "In the Heat of the Summer." And yes, I grew up in the 60's.

dashowdy

I always carry at least 2 spare mags and an extra box of 50 totaling 90 rounds I have access too. You never know when a group of youths is going to jump out and beat you with paint cans apparently.

OC for ME

How about you fly out here to Seattle, and I will drive you out to The Hood, and you can tell everybody to calm the hell down; I live in one of The Hood areas--I would recommend you not walk around telling people at night though, but that's just me.
Nope, I'm ah-feared of the TSA. We gots us North City here in St. Louis, all 'da hood' I need.

Besides, you are the one calling for folks to 'calm the hell down' not me. Folks can do what they wants to do, this is America after all, we gots us some rights to exercise.

twoskinsonemanns

Man I feel a little under gunned. My daily carry is a 5-round .357 mag snubby.

Although in all the many many self defense situations I've ever read (guns save lives is a cool site for that) I have never read one where anyone ever changed their mag during the encounter.
Of course at home I'm much more prepared for a possible need like that. Two AK-47s with lots of 30rd loaded mags are my work horse of choice for that.

By the way this is a great site. I've been lurking for quite a while and finally decided to speak up.

That Hyena

*Shakes head* I lived in Florida for 2 years. And yep, I lived in Sanford. With all this going on, I sure am glad I moved back to Vermont a few years ago. I wouldn't feel safe there anymore with how worked up and angry people seem to be getting.

MainelyGlock

This is one of the [few] reasons why I love living in Maine. People up here at more... Rational. Usually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rushcreek2

The approaching November "recall" of the Pretender- in- Chief is the nucleus , and catalyst for this organized political effort of race-baiting hoodwinks, and intimidation campaign from the White House on down to Obama's DOJ approved "Summer of Rage". Beware of full moon phases from now until November.

Sir Edmund Burk I believe is credited with that wise adage - "Extremism always brings about its own destruction".

Obama & Co, are proceeding diligently to ensure theirs.

Yes - extra mags, and maximum levels of situational awareness are in order. It will be up to the individual states to police this problem - Obama and Holder don't seem to think it is a "problem".

Beretta92FSLady

do think it interesting the rodney king anniversary is today and look at the aftermath of that event...53 people dead with nearly 3,000 people injured and thousands of businesses damaged or destroyed.

wabbit

PS: also interesting to note where king is now: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/04/rodney-king.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+lanowblog+(L.A.+Now)

Thank you for the reference to Rodney King. A bunch of Caucasians worried about the Negro-in-office, and his 'troops' of 'extremist' Negros on the ground.:rolleyes: And let's see here, what happened during the L.A. Riots in the 1990's; who was most harmed by the Negro rioting?--the Negro. Yea, we got some footage of some Caucasian Axle Rose look-alike being dragged from his rig, and beaten; I suppose it was Rodney King II (whitey version).

My point is there have been talks for hundreds of years about Race riots, and typically, there was something that brought them on, such as some Oppressive Nature of our Society. Did Rodney King deserve to be arrested: damn right! Did Rodney King deserve to have the living hellfire bashed out of him: Hell no! My second point is that when there have been Race Riots, it is typically the Negro who riots, and it is the Negro who sustains the greatest casualty in the situation.

TechnoWeenie

There are allot of people that believe a race war is coming, these people need to have there heads examined. Not only do they believe it, they want it. Sick.

Those people know they'd lose....

NSFW: Language

[video=youtube;7VqG_4ADFfQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VqG_4ADFfQ[/video]