• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Justice for Trayvon" I'm carrying extra mags now!

DevinWKuska

Ya know this stuff scares me. Not only the topic of race wars, but also the amount of racism/prejudice that seems to come from people when they even discuss such matters. I will agree that its disappointing that if (insert race here) person attacks a person of european origin its assault, but if it goes the other way around its racially motivated. But I would ask that we all exercise a little caustion on our own behalf. I mean I know of an individual in this forum that believes all muslims are evil, when I am sure most of us know differently.

However I do not think a race war will ever really break out, atleast not where I live.. I live not far from Seattle and the population of "mixed race" is growing exponentially. So atleast in this area a race war would be tough to fight. I went to Houston Texas last year and I believe a race war there is possible. I dont think I have ever ran into so many racist people in my life. White, black, hispanic, asian... seemed like no matter who I met they all had some negative belief about another race. Sad to think that in the year 2012 racism still prevades in the "south" and "central" parts of the USA. I myself will not be carrying any extra munitions(of course I am not in Florida either) as I dont think it will be an issue for me. Also I think sometimes the best intentions of folks often lead to paranoia and bad things happen.

Reagrding Mr. Martin... Did Mr. Zimmerman make any racial remarks? Or did the media just make it a race thing? I never heard the recordings.

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

Well, with attitudes of 'Well, since my great great great grandfather was a slave, I can take anything I want from a cracker, and it's mine, because he owes it to me',...well... hard to not get angry at that....

Same for all those people think the gov't 'owes them' welfare....

I don't see it as a race war, I see it as an ignorance war.

There are ignorant blacks, and ignorant whites, and those will be the ones fighting..

The rest of us will be watching TV and as we eat our fried chicken, collared greens, and home made mac n cheese, that Jamahls mom graciously cooked, with some Budweiser, over at Yusef's house, wondering why people are so retarded...

Beretta92FSLady

[snippers]

The rest of us will be watching TV and as we eat our fried chicken, collared greens, and home made mac n cheese, that Jamahls mom graciously cooked, with some Budweiser, over at Yusef's house, wondering why people are so retarded...

That sounds so yummy...hey, if you're ever in Seattle.

OC for ME

<snip>I went to Houston Texas last year and I believe a race war there is possible. I dont think I have ever ran into so many racist people in my life. White, black, hispanic, asian... seemed like no matter who I met they all had some negative belief about another race. Sad to think that in the year 2012 racism still prevades in the "south" and "central" parts of the USA. I myself will not be carrying any extra munitions(of course I am not in Florida either) as I dont think it will be an issue for me. Also I think sometimes the best intentions of folks often lead to paranoia and bad things happen.
What you describe is not racism.
Definition of RACISM
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/racism
More like bigotry.
Definition of BIGOT
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance.
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/bigot
While both are routinely associated, wrongly, they are actually quite different. I rarely find racists, as defined, I routinely find bigotry, as defined.

The incorrect application of the word racism, affects perceptions, opinions, and behavior. Racism has been relegated to 'label' status and no longer means what the definition states that it means.

When a loony-lib-sock-puppet calls you a racist, simply laugh at them, to their face, and call their intellect into question....to their face.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

I don't see it as a race war, I see it as an ignorance war.
The culture wars have been going on for some time now.

Prejudice and bigotry are postgraduate programs at the school of hard knocks. If one will look as carefully at their definition as at racism, one will see that they are based in different personal values.

papa bear

why does everyone in WA think that they are not racist. i would love to do an experiment with someone of different breeds to follow someone from WA and see what that persons reactions would be

BTW, Soetoro's birth father was born in the middle east and moved to Kenya to overthrow the government there.

he is 90% arab

Last edited:

CDinNM

All this does make you want to carry an extra mag or two. I usually carry two, but I think I am just going to carry my pistol bag in my truck, it holds 7, so I'd have 8 available . . actually . . in all truth . . I think I will just stay with my 1 in the gun and two. If things digress into all this becoming a constant problem, then I think an MPA Defender, 30 round mags, and several of them would surfice . . LOL !! I would bet, IF a crowd of 100 was approaching, once they started hammering your car, you started shooting, many if not all would be running for the hills.

Up until this Martin/Zimmerman stuff, the 'hood wars' have been mostly between the blacks and the Mexicans. I was truly suprised it was not protrayed that way, but I do get why they protrayed it the way they did, they want to keep up all this 'racism' stuff until they can get some big results out of the whites. We all know who the racists are, Jackson, Sharpton, Wright, Obama, etc, the top guys, and they press the bottom guys into action. The blacks are loosing badly to the Mexicans in most all the hoods.

About all you'd need for recording the problem would be a dash cam, they are easily obtained, on e-bay, amazon, etc. It is hands-free. Could/would be good for more than this topics needs.

Better to just avoid the neighborhoods, thats my plan, when they bring it to the malls/shopping centers, well, then we either stop shopping or start shooting. Where I live, rare to see a black, but when I go to a larger town, I see many. Driving through their neighborhoods I don't see many on the street. But then, I am out during daylight, I would bet night time might be different?? And I think their pop is no different than any other color pop, the few cause all the problems, and everyone else has to suffer.

The fellow in the video is calling it like it is, he is right, he seems to know what they are all about. I have seen several (and not just blacks) who buy ammo on payday, the next day they go out and shoot at cans, etc, use up what they bought, they WILL be low on ammo, and after all their shooting, they still can't hit the broad side of a barn. The 'crackers' on the other hand for the most part have been raised with guns, the you-tube videos are there for all to see, and he is obviously looking at them, smart man, one in a million I'd say.

I started shooting at 6 or 7, my Uncle got out his 22 rifle and made sure I could shoot, been shooting ever since. I know many who are expert shots, both men and women, they spend time at the range weekly. It would actually be a pittiful gunfight if you could even call it that.

CD

Last edited:

TechnoWeenie

And people wonder why I have a Draco and an AR pistol....

I can keep both loaded in a vehicle, as they are considered pistols, without violating the law.

William Fisher

POTUS is as white as Zimmerman is. I wonder if he will use "REMEMBER TRAYVON! GET OUT AND VOTE FOR ME", as a campaign slogan or political ad?

DevinWKuska

why does everyone in WA think that they are not racist. i would love to do an experiment with someone of different breeds to follow someone from WA and see what that persons reactions would be

BTW, Soetoro's birth father was born in the middle east and moved to Kenya to overthrow the government there.

he is 90% arab

Feel free! I would act no differently. However clothing might make me act differently. A scruffy white guy in a biker outfit or anyone wearing gang attire would get my attention.