• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Justice for Trayvon" I'm carrying extra mags now!

Beretta92FSLady

[video=youtube_share;vdfAEsypy6k]http://youtu.be/vdfAEsypy6k[/video]

My step-father was talking about a Race War int he early 90's. Guess what, it didn't happen; there were some riots, but that's about it.

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
XDm with two spare mags = 58 rounds in total... I will NOT lose a fight by running out of ammo before the other guy.

That being said, even where I am I have been getting harder looks and stares more than usual. Always be aware and alert, you can't always predict when/where you'll need to defend yourself... And carry a voice recorder!!

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

While a voice recorder is a good start, does it show where your hands are and what's in them? Does it show the movement of others in relation to your position? Does it show hostile intent on the part of those you feel are about to do you harm? If the answer is no, you may want to consider a video device as well, remember a picture is worth a thousand words. Or put another way, a picture/video is worth a TRILLION unheard movements or actions on the part of all parties involved in any kind of confrontation/attack/defense...just saying. ;)

Sent from my Polaroid PMID701i using Tapatalk 2

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Quite articulate isn't he.

Well offensive lingo aside, he makes some interesting points. I would like to see a day in our country where we indentify ourselves first as US Citizens...you know country men & women. Will we ever get there? One can only dream. My Grandfather & Father served this COUNTRY, not just some of the people, ALL of them!: banghead:

Beretta92FSLady

Well he is technically a Caucasian.

I disagree. You are whatever you tend to me viewed as in society. Zimmerman looks Spanish, and I would imagine that is how he is viewed socially. Obama might be half Caucasian, but he is first a Negro.--why: that is first what a person sees when they look at him.

Daylen

Well he is technically a Caucasian.

No, he displays many facial features obviously not from the decedents of the ancient people of the Caucasus mountains. If he had only Spanish traits then yes he would qualify just like turks and pakistanis can qualify. However he seems to have the traits of South Americans. Note: sure he's probably got some ancestry that goes back to that mountain range, but he seems to be mostly a decedent of the southern Americas.

Last edited:

since9

Campaign Veteran
You are whatever you tend to me viewed as in society.

Horsehocky. Zimmerman's father is Caucasian; his mother is Peruvian. He's a mix.

Obama might be half Caucasian, but he is first a Negro.

Horsehockey. His father is Black, his mother is Caucasian. He's a mix.

...that is first what a person sees when they look at him.

Horsehockey. I see a person of mixed and somewhat indeterminate skin color whose features and bone structure appear to indicate both European and African heritage.

What planet have you been on over the last three decades that you would judge a person solely by the color of their skin?

Last edited:

mustangkiller

Horsehocky. Zimmerman's father is Caucasian; his mother is Peruvian. He's a mix.

Horsehockey. I see a person of mixed and somewhat indeterminate skin color whose features and bone structure appear to indicate both European and African heritage.

What planet have you been on over the last three decades that you would judge a person solely by the color of their skin?

To a point your both right. Yes they are most definitely mixed. However, society at large views mixed race people as what ever race is most readily apparent. Obama is almost always referred to as our first black president. Tiger Woods is referred to as the first black golfer to do whatever the hell he has done. This is just the way things work. In your perfect little bubble world people are people but real life tells a different story. When we are asked about our back ground here in America we say African-American or Asian-American blah, blah, blah. Take the same people, put them in Europe somewhere and let them get asked the same question. I can promise you even Al "Jackass" Sharpton will say he's an American and never mention Africa or even vaguely elude to his skin color.

Beretta92FSLady

That, my friend, is a lot of Horsehockeys.

I don't judge a person by the color of their skin; I do judge a Nation by the content of it's character, and we have a pretty terrible track-record in America when it comes to Institutional Racism.

Daylen

That, my friend, is a lot of Horsehockeys.

I don't judge a person by the color of their skin; I do judge a Nation by the content of it's character, and we have a pretty terrible track-record in America when it comes to Institutional Racism.

Right, and most other countries are so much better:rolleyes:

Beretta92FSLady

Right, and most other countries are so much better:rolleyes:

I didn't speak to any other States. But I will bite: So, if a Nation wipes out an indigenous population, enslaves millions over the span of hundreds of years, lynches, rapes, murders, then Institutionalizes a more covert form of enslavement, lynching, rape, murder, that not as bad as say: Stalin murdering tens of millions of individuals? You are right, America is much 'better' than many other States.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Tiger Woods is referred to as the first black golfer...

I've never heard him referred that way, even when I lived in Pinehurst, North Carolina!

His father Earl, a retired lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese, and Native American ancestry. His mother Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand (where Earl had met her on a tour of duty in 1968), is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself half Asian (one-quarter Chinese and one-quarter Thai), one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch.

Tiger is a MIX, including 25% African-American. He's any more than I'm Amerindian, nor does he identify himself as being "black." He identifies himself as being of "mixed-ancestry."

OC for ME

Well offensive lingo aside, he makes some interesting points. I would like to see a day in our country where we indentify ourselves first as US Citizens...you know country men & women. Will we ever get there? One can only dream. My Grandfather & Father served this COUNTRY, not just some of the people, ALL of them!: banghead:

Basically, his point is that a certain segment of our society needs to "strap on some gats, and be ready for da crackahs when dey comes into da hood."

Interesting points? Not in my view.

papa bear

I disagree. You are whatever you tend to me viewed as in society. Zimmerman looks Spanish, and I would imagine that is how he is viewed socially. Obama might be half Caucasian, but he is first a Negro.--why: that is first what a person sees when they look at him.

Barry Soeroto aka Obama, is not negro, he is Arab.look it up

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Basically, his point is that a certain segment of our society needs to "strap on some gats, and be ready for da crackahs when dey comes into da hood."

Interesting points? Not in my view.

He was stressing that currently the urban population lacks in marksmanship skills. He also mentions ammo shortages, all very valid points... In my view your view may differ, but I live just miles away from one of the most crime ridden cities in the world - Detroit. I am furtunate enough to have been raised in a pro gun family and was a excellent marksman at an early age. Another point this fellow spoke on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

OC for ME

Those are all the details of his main point, their lack of weapons skills make them vulnerable to being ________ by a bunch of crackahs. Forest for the trees....