• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Know thine enemy...

sjhipple

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
My government has way more force and violence against me over my lifetime than all the Muslims of the world combined. The government is "thine enemy."
Really? If you steal from a store the government cuts your arm off? If your a woman and your accused of cheating you get stoned to death?

Non-sequitur, red herring

If you hate your government so much why do you live here?
Because I'm a patriot and, like my Founding Fathers, will fight tyranny rather than run away from it. I love my country, but fear the government...the government is ruining the country I love.
I take it you've been wrongly imprisoned and held captive by your tyrannical government?
Non-sequitur, red herring

The degree of oppression in this country is much greater than any level that our Founders faced against the British.

sjhipple

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
History has clearly shown that when any nation or people express an intent to control the world (or at least a significant portion of it) and to commit genocide, we ignore such a threat at our own risk.

Does that include such threats from our own government or does your moral relativism view our actions as justified when they can be justified for no one else?

We started this, after all. If any nation did to America what the CIA did to Iran and Iraq in the 1970's (completely unprovoked), I'd be singing death to that country too.
ama-gi, I'm surprised at that response as I give you much more credit than that for intelligent discourse. I never excused behavior of the US or used moral relativism in my comments and for you to so imply is disingenuous. I was talking about a theocractic view that is widespread among certain peoples on all continents. But if it makes you feel better to ignore nearly 2000 years of history, behavior, theology and politics and think that this all started 30-40 years ago due to US policy, when it would be impossible to implicate the west in this without going back to at least 1918 in which case the British and French would actually be the culprits, I'm sure the ostriches and liberal revisionist academics will welcome you to their ranks. *shakes head and walks away*

I agree with you about the theocratic view of expansionist Islam. The problem is, if any country had done to the USA what the CIA has done to Iraq and Iran even before I was born, I'd be saying death to that country as well. And to imply that they hate us because we're not Muslim ignores a huge part of the equation.

However, our current war..."on terror":quirky...absolutely *IS* a direct result of our policy 40 years ago and up to the present day. We have started wars, funded insurrections and armed mass murderers and we're paying a bigger price than we expected to pay.

And don't forget, we did these things to "our friends" at the time. Iraq and Iran were both considered "key allies." What both countries didn't know is that our CIA was giving weapons to both sides and helping them kill one another. After that, neither country liked us much. Also, we overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and instituted a cruel puppet dictator only to see him replaced by a very anti-Ameircan government in a popular backlash soon after.

We started these fights, and we didn't start them over religion.
What do you suggest we do to counter the terrorists?

Please define what you mean by "terrorists." I've found it's become a euphemism for "anyone the US government would like to kill."

If by terrorists, you mean the people currently trying to get us out of their homeland, I suggest we stop starting fights with them and trying to force our will on them. In other words, stop playing the role of the British Empire in the world. As I posted earlier, the US government started this fight and we have ended up paying a higher price than we expected to pay.

sjhipple

imported post

nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
nitrovic wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
ama-gi wrote:
deepdiver wrote:
History has clearly shown that when any nation or people express an intent to control the world (or at least a significant portion of it) and to commit genocide, we ignore such a threat at our own risk.

Does that include such threats from our own government or does your moral relativism view our actions as justified when they can be justified for no one else?

We started this, after all. If any nation did to America what the CIA did to Iran and Iraq in the 1970's (completely unprovoked), I'd be singing death to that country too.
ama-gi, I'm surprised at that response as I give you much more credit than that for intelligent discourse. I never excused behavior of the US or used moral relativism in my comments and for you to so imply is disingenuous. I was talking about a theocractic view that is widespread among certain peoples on all continents. But if it makes you feel better to ignore nearly 2000 years of history, behavior, theology and politics and think that this all started 30-40 years ago due to US policy, when it would be impossible to implicate the west in this without going back to at least 1918 in which case the British and French would actually be the culprits, I'm sure the ostriches and liberal revisionist academics will welcome you to their ranks. *shakes head and walks away*

I agree with you about the theocratic view of expansionist Islam. The problem is, if any country had done to the USA what the CIA has done to Iraq and Iran even before I was born, I'd be saying death to that country as well. And to imply that they hate us because we're not Muslim ignores a huge part of the equation.

However, our current war..."on terror":quirky...absolutely *IS* a direct result of our policy 40 years ago and up to the present day. We have started wars, funded insurrections and armed mass murderers and we're paying a bigger price than we expected to pay.

And don't forget, we did these things to "our friends" at the time. Iraq and Iran were both considered "key allies." What both countries didn't know is that our CIA was giving weapons to both sides and helping them kill one another. After that, neither country liked us much. Also, we overthrew the democratically elected government of Iran and instituted a cruel puppet dictator only to see him replaced by a very anti-Ameircan government in a popular backlash soon after.

We started these fights, and we didn't start them over religion.
What do you suggest we do to counter the terrorists?

Please define what you mean by "terrorists." I've found it's become a euphemism for "anyone the US government would like to kill."

If by terrorists, you mean the people currently trying to get us out of their homeland, I suggest we stop starting fights with them and trying to force our will on them. In other words, stop playing the role of the British Empire in the world. As I posted earlier, the US government started this fight and we have ended up paying a higher price than we expected to pay.
Ok, just seeing where you're coming from. You and I are on two very different sides of the fence here. We'll just keep it at that. Enjoy your freedom, the USA is indeed the best country in the world. I'm glad I fought for this country and am proud of the brave men and women who continue to do so.:celebrate
I appreciate your service. Thank you.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

swillden wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
the real problem is the hate mongering radical extremist that want any one not of theirMuslim sect dead
Religion has nothing to do with it.

Really. It doesn't.

It's just a classification. The problems in Northern Ireland weren't really about protestantism vs catholicism, the fights between Sunni and Shiite in Iraq have nothing to do with tiny doctrinal variations, the horrors of the Spanish Inquisition had nothing to do with dogma and heresy, etc., etc.

Religious differences fall nicely along cultural difference lines, because religion tends to follow culture, and all of these battles are cultural and political issues. Political in the broadest sense of a battle between parties who self-identify for some reason.

Religion is a convenient hook to hang the rhetoric on, because it's powerful, and it's a useful tool for manipulating populaces for the same reason. That doesn't mean religion is bad. Any force can be manipulated into doing damage, and the more powerful the force, the more damage it can do. Hitler largely ignored religion, he grabbed nationalism, aka patriotism, as his tool of choice. As a result of that, many people in the last 60 years have decried the evils of patriotism. The reality is that whatever the group of people, as long as they self-identify deeply with the group, there will be some core thread of common belief that can be used to manipulate them.

It might seem that religions that preach an afterlife are particularly useful if you're trying to convince people to risk their lives, but even purely atheistic groups can be manipulated just as effectively through an appeal to the good of the group, or the legacy of the individual. Men who have no belief in an afterlife can still be convinced to give their lives if it means they'll be remembered with honor, and their sacrifice will serve some higher purpose. Note that the higher purpose doesn't even have to be real.

Arguably, Christianity should be darned near impossible to turn to evil purposes, given the core message of love of all men. History has showed ample proof that Christianity can do great evil. It follows that if it's not reasonable to attribute the violence of Christians to Christianity, or patriots to patriotism, then it's not reasonable to attribute the violence of Muslims to Islam.
I agree to a point and I'll expound (pontificate? -lol) a bit. I think religion has everything to do with it. Religion is supposed to speak to the core of whom and what we are. Just as with any authority in the hands of imperfect man,it is only when religions are corrupted or are inherently corrupt that we find most all of the problems throughout history. After many years of readings and research, I do not personally believe Islam to be a religion founded on the principles of Love or Peace.

I wouldsubmit for all toponder, that Christianity itself was neverturned to evil as that is in itself impossible. No matter how hard you try, will or wish, or how many words you re-define, you cannot turn good into evil. A person cannot have the Love inside for their fellow man turned into fear and hatred. They are two opposite forces that are at odds and cannotcoexist in the same space at the same time. As with a glass full of water, you cannot change the water into oil in the same glass. You must first empty the glass of the water THEN replace it with the oil. Make sense? They are two separate things always and forever.

Would you call a glass that has 90% water and 10% oil a glass of oil? No, it's a glass of water with a bit of oil. Would you call a glass with just 10% water and 90% oil a glass of water? No, it's a glass of oil with a bit of water. The glass is known by what fills it. As are we.

Through deception and manipulation of the weakness in the equation (we humans) we can be made to first to abandon the good, and then embrace the evil. That's called corruption and it is the oldest story known to man and is indeed our originalsin. Corrupt is defined as to change from good to bad, to degrade, to alter from original or correct form. Once corrupted, it is no longer the same. But the more good you have in you, the less corruptible you are. It's like our"Spiritual Immune System". IF you cannot corrupt the water, you can only add so much oil to the glass.

It was not the strict followers of Judaic Law that crucified Jesus, butthose thatCORRUPTEDthat law to maintain their control andpower. During later years, it most certainly wasnot Christianity itself that did any evil against the Jews, but rather a CORRUPTED version that was replaced because it again best suited the needs of those in power.

It was not patriotic Germans that truly loved their country as we do ours that created World War II. It was the manipulation, deception and corruption of that patriotism by those who would rise to and maintain power over them that did so in their attempt to rule the world.

It is the corruption of power (abuse of position and power) in any form that has caused the strife in the world at nearly any given time in recorded history! That is EXACTLY why our genius founders designed our noble government and nation as they did!

President Abraham Lincoln spoke to that very principle when he said "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time." Replacingthe word fool with"corrupt" and I believe you have a more accurate reflection of the picture today and what Mr.Lincoln was really trying to say:

"You can corruptsome of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not corrupt all of the people all of the time." Strength in numbers is the key! Even if you manage to fool all of us, it won't be for long asthis sleeping giant will awaken when necessary.

By putting the power of rule andof government INTO the hands of the very people meant to be governed, they created a GENIUS plan that was not only never before heard of in all of history, but is perhaps the best system devised far into the future! And to make it even easier, it was easy to recognize that only a thief and an enemy of the people would ever attempt to wrest the power out of the hands of the people! Easy to operate, easy to maintain! But here's the catch...if it succeeds, it's because WE SUCCEEDED! If it fails, it's because we failed. Either way, it then becomes the will of the people. If our economy is failing today it's because each and every one of usfailed to put our foot down. If our social justice system is failing, it's because each and every one of usturned a blind eye to injustice and rally more around animal rights than we do self defense against murderers. If our foreign policies are failing, it's because each and every one of usfailed to let our elected officials know what WE think is the best course of action.

The problem is the oldest story known to man. People ARE corruptible. Even en masse. Folks would rather sit in front of a TV than open a book. They would rather read the National Enquirer or any other gossip rag than pay $50 per ticket and $8 per beer at a baseball game to be entertained than to be[/i] The People. People worthy of the care and responsibility of this amazing nation that was designed for us. People worthy of the title American! Folks, it's not supposed to be easy being an American citizen nor was it meant to be. But it was meant to be the most noble and worthy title any person can proudlybear! A title that once drew respect and admiration from around the world, rather than the scoffs and indignationit now does.

Anything that turns you away from Love is evil. Period. Anything that turns people away from their responsibilities as Americans, that distracts them from taking part in their government, that causes them to delegate their God given power and rights to anyone other than themselves is anti-American andcorruption of our original design and of our American principles pure and simple. You cannot lazily delegate away your responsibilities as Americans. As I've said many times before, your responsibilities do not begin and end at the voting booth!Communication is key in any relationship. A relationship without communication is dysfunctionaland today far too many Americans currently do NOT have a healthy relationship with theirgovernment.

It was not the pure original design of man that failed, but rather the corrupted version in the Garden of Eden. It was not Judaic Law that crucified Christ, but the corrupted version that kept the rulers in power. It was not a patriotic German heart that tried to take over the free world, but a corrupted one. It will not be the pure and noble design of anAmerica full of active citizens partaking in their government that fails herpeople, allies and neighbors, but a corrupted one.

Believe what you will, but ask yourself who is it thatfirst corrupted man? Who is it that seeks power over all? Who is it that makes men lazy? Who is it that creates lies, deceives and usurps? Decide for yourself asI already know.

You cannot destroy evil with a greater evil. Ever.Only Love alone can conquer evil. That alone is the reason I have come to conclude that Islam is not a religion of Love or Peace. Even when left alone, it will split and attempt to devour itself. A house divided against itself cannot stand.

CHOOSE to be incorruptible. CHOOSE good over evil. CHOOSE Love over fear and hatred. Want to change the whole world? It's so easy and simple. Start with yourself and work outward from there.

God Bless You All.

expvideo

imported post

marine dad wrote:
well, since there seems to have been a little bit of anti-semetic rhetoric spewed out here, let me put in my two cents worth. lets take a look at just what the "CHRISTIANS" have done to jews over the past 2000 years. here are a few examples ) all dates are "a.d":
(snip)
wow, and this list is nowhere near complete, just some things i've came up with over the past few years. so if supposed "christians" did all this to us, please forgive us if we choose to no longer bow our heads humbly before those who's stated desire is to annihilate us from the face of the earth.
None of those things justifies what they do to the Palestinians, nor does it justify the multiplebombings of Lebanon over the last two decades.

marine dad

imported post

bobcav stated "It was not Judaic Law that crucified Christ, but the corrupted version that kept the rulers in power."

bobcav, iunderstand what you are saying with this post, and even agree with most of it, but i would like to point out thatin the "new testament"jsus story, roman soldiers killed him, notthe rulers of judaic law.

i also understand you to be saying that "real" christians would never have taken part in the things i listed. i get that one alot, so i like to point out what the christian "new testament' has to say about jews. here are my findings so far:

Matthew:

3:7-Jews are poisonous snakes

12:34-pharisees ( jews ) are evil snakes

15:3-89, Jews reject the commandments

15:12-14, blind guides leading the blind

16:6-beware the leaven of the Pharisees ( jews )

19:3-9, Pharisees ( jews ) are hard hearted

22:18- Pharisees ( jews ) are hypocrites

23:13-36- Pharisees ( jews ) repeatedly called hypocrites

26:59-68, chief priests ( jews ) condemn jesus to death

27:1-26, jews demand that jesus be crucified

Mark:

3:6-pharisees ( jews ) plan to kill jesus

7:6-13- Pharisees ( jews ) reject the commandments

8:15- beware the leaven of the Pharisees ( jews )

10:2-5-pharisees( jews ) are hard hearted

14:55-65- jews demand jesus’ death

15:1-15- jews demand jesus be crucified

Luke:

3:7-jews are called poisonous snakes

4:28-30- jewish synagogue tries to kill jesus

7:30-pharisees ( jews ) reject the purposes of god

11:38-54-jewish Torah scholars are repeatedly condemned

12:1-pharisees ( jews ) are hypocrites

13:14-17-leader of synagogue called a hypocrite

22:63-71-chief priests ( jews ) condemn jesus to death

23:1-25- jews demand jesus be put to death

John

5:16-18-jews try to kill jesus

5:37-47-Gods love and His word not in the jews

7:19-24-no jews do the Torah

7:28-jews do not know the one who sent jesus

8:13-28-jews do not know jesus or the father

8:37-59-jews are the descendants of their father, the devil

9:13-41-jews are condemned as guilty

10:8-jews are thieves and robbers

10:10-jews kill, steal, and destroy

11:53-jews realize they have to kill jesus

11:57-chief priests ( jews ) want to seize jesus

12:10-chief priests ( jews ) plan to kill jesus and lazarus

12:36-43-jews love the praise of men more than God

16:2-4-jews who kill jesus disciples will think they are serving God

18:28-32-jews demand Pilate kill jesus

18:38-40-jews demand jesus be crucified

Acts:

2:23-36-jews killed jesus

3:13-15-jews killed the originator of life

4:10-jews killed jesus

5:30-jewish council killed jesus

6:11-14-jews brought false accusations against Stephen

7:51-60-jews betrayed and killed jesus

9:23-25-jews plot to kill Paul

9:29-jewish Hellenist plot to kill paul

12:1-3-jews happy when Herod killed James

12:3-4-Herod seized Peter to please the jews

12:11-jews want to kill Peter

13:10-11-Paul calls a jew a son of the devil

13:28-29-jews accused of having Pilate kill jesus

13:39-jews cant be forgiven by Torah

13:45-46-jews spoke against Paul

13:50-51-jews persecute Paul and Barnabas

14:1-6-jews try to stone Paul and Barnabas

14:19-20-jews stone paul trying to kill him

17:5-9-jews incite a riot

17:13-jews stir up turmoil against Paul

18:6-jews blood will be upon their heads

21:27-36-jews try to kill Paul

23:12-22-jews vow to not eat until they kill Paul

25:2-5-jews plot to kill Paul

25:7-11- jews falsely accuse Paul

25:24-jews demand Pauls death

26:21-jews try to kill Paul

28:25-28-jews condemned for never understanding God

1[suP]st[/suP] Thessalonians:

2:13-16-Paul condemns jews for killing jesus and the prophets, and celebrates the “wrath of God” coming upon the jews, and their suffering

so it appears to me that the nature of christianity itself leads to anti-semitism andat least condones the atrocities committed against jews.

sjhipple

imported post

marine dad wrote:
i would like to point out thatin the "new testament"jsus story, roman soldiers killed him, notthe rulers of judaic law.

Well, first of all, Christian doctrine states that the sins of the world killed Jesus. Who carried out the divine will that Jesus be our sacrificial lambis of no consequence. Anyone who says that "Jews killed Jesus" has no clue what they're talking about. Jesus could have easily gotten out of dyingas he had on multiple occasions before. Jesus came to earth in order to die. However, having said that, historically, the Romans killed Jesus reluctantly. His charge was inciting treason against Rome and he was found not guilty on that charge. However, he had on many occasions challenged and embarrased the Jewish religious leaders for what he saw as legalism and forgetting the spirit of the law by focusing on the letter of the law (I think of Jesus as similar to Socrates in that he was killed for embarrasing the ruling elites). It was the ruling elite that didn't like hiim challenging their authority. It was not the Jewish people.

Now, I see no reason to get into a long discussion about this so I'll read your response to this and leave it at that. However, your post was extremely misleading. These verses you cite are not anti-semitic. Jesus, who was a Jew since the Jews are gods chosen people and he has revealed his truth to the world through them, was not anti-semitic. Lol.

You keep on replacing the word Phariees with "Jews." Yes, Pharisees were a subset of the Jewish population, but that's like me saying that attacking Democrats is the same as hating Americans because Democrats are Americans. Jesus had a serious thelogical difference in that thePharisees had taken the Moseic Law, which was supposed to be a way to become closer to god and made it into a series of legalistic meaningless rules. And because the religious leaders' power came from their religious teachings, he also had a serious political dispute with them (though he didn't really see it that way). Therefore, Jesus' famous "You have heard that it hath been said by them of old time....but I say unto you."

By attacking their rules, Jesus was attacking the core of their power because he was doing what only they were supposed to be doing. That's why they hated him (and by "they" I mean the religious leaders, NOT the Jewish people). That's why they tried to kill his followers. They also didn't like how he didn't shun those who they though should be shunned. Again, this was a political/religious dispute and had nothing to do with race. Now notice something: in the passage I linked to, the "Scribes and Pharisees" came and criticized Jesus and he rebukes them. Taken by itself, a person who doesn't know could interpret this as being anti-semitic because the Scribes and Pharisees were Jews. But that makes no sense! Jesus was being criticized by them because he was eating dinner with Jews...Jews who were considered "sinners." So to say that his statement was against Jews is preposterous.

Also, you're post is misleading because Jesus' entire ministry was in Israel. He spent all 3 years of hisministry mainly among the Jews. So anytime someone did something Jesus didn't like, chances are it was a Jew who did it. That's not anything against the Jews. If Jesus had spent his entire ministry in Utah in 2008, most of the people who did things Jesus didn't like would've been Mormons.

Also, the reason that the Gospels often talk about "The Jews" (for example, the first verse I linked to says that "Pilate went out to the Jews") is because Israel was occupied by the Romans and referring to "the Jews" was a way to clarify who was being talked about.

Most of these thingsare recorded in places other than the Bible.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

marine dad wrote:
bobcav stated "It was not Judaic Law that crucified Christ, but the corrupted version that kept the rulers in power."

bobcav, iunderstand what you are saying with this post, and even agree with most of it, but i would like to point out thatin the "new testament"jsus story, roman soldiers killed him, notthe rulers of judaic law.

i also understand you to be saying that "real" christians would never have taken part in the things i listed. i get that one alot, so i like to point out what the christian "new testament' has to say about jews. here are my findings so far:

[snip]

so it appears to me that the nature of christianity itself leads to anti-semitism andat least condones the atrocities committed against jews.
MarineDad, with hope in my heart, I hopethat my words will somehow help you find peace in your own heart. To that, let me add this:

The Pharisees beingvery powerful andcorrupt,deceptively tried Jesus at night and not in full council. Those that became aware and opposed were ejected from the proceedings. It was the corrupted power of the Phariseesthat rejected their own prophets and prophecies and wished to maintain their power and control over Israel, not the Jewish people.

Though the Romans performed His crucifixion, Pilate wanted NOTHING to do with it and his wife was even warned in a dream of what was to come. He found no guilt in Jesus and thoughscourged severely, it was again the Pharisees that provoked the crowd into the chants of crucifixion.

Pilate and the Romans only wanted toprotect their positions of power by maintaining the peace. A peace that the Pharisees threatened with yet another open rebellion if he did not crucify Christ. Pilate, wanting only peace and sensing no other way out, ordered the crucifixion and washed his hands of the matter.

While it was indeed the Romans that hammered His nails, it was the corrupt Pharisees that caused it.NOT the Jewish people themselves, but the hypocrisy and corruption of their leaders. I submit thatthe Pharisees no more represented every singleJew alive at the time of Christ than the Nazi's represented all the German people alive during Hitler's reign.

Having said that, Icompletely disagree with yourlast statement and here's why. It is NOT the true nature of Christianity to beanti-semitic or condone the atrocities committed against the Jews. That is what greed and lust for power has corrupted it into at times in the past.

Quid Est Veritas?

We are forgiven as we forgive others.

Even as my Savior Jesus Christ wasdying on the cross HE forgave all ofthem!Not one or two, but ALL of them. The Romans, the Pharisees, Pilate, the Jews who mocked and jeered....all of them.

Who am I then tocondemn?

LEO 229

imported post

siren2.gif

Hey Bob, I am not sure this thread should continue. :uhoh:

It has obviously evolved into a religiousmatter and I did not see much OC or gun related discussion.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:

It has obviously evolved into a religiousmatter and I did not see much OC or gun related discussion.
That's why it's in the general discussion area.

BobCav

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think it's under control and is related to the topic at hand. We'll continue as long as it remains meaningful discourse and we may learn something, but we will not allow it to become a hotbed for diatribe or spewing of hatred.

LEO 229

imported post

DreQo wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

That's why it's in the general discussion area.
OK. I am game..

Tell me how it is in conformance with rule #1

Because I want to have a general discussion about the devil and his hold onsinners.

DreQo

State Researcher
imported post

BobCav wrote:
I think it's under control and is related to the topic at hand. We'll continue as long as it remains meaningful discourse and we may learn something, but we will not allow it to become a hotbed for diatribe or spewing of hatred.
Which it has not become. There are many different views and beliefs expressed in this thread, and this conversation has been one of the most intelligent this forum has seen in quite a while. It's interesting that LEO 229 would be the one to want to close it...

LEO 229

imported post

DreQo wrote:
BobCav wrote:
Which it has not become. There are many different views and beliefs expressed in this thread, and this conversation has been one of the most intelligent this forum has seen in quite a while. It's interesting that LEO 229 would be the one to want to close it...
Why is that interesting?

expvideo

imported post

marine dad wrote:
i am beginning to realize there are some here that are too stupid to reason with
Why am I stupid? I made a point about how the constant persecution of the Jews over the last 2000 years is not an excuse for them to abuse the palestinians. I didn't say that they don't deserve their own country, or their right to defend themselves, or recognition of their persecutions. I said that no amount of persecution from Christians will ever justify their treatment of the palestinians or their bombings of Lebanon. Now please tell me how this makes me stupid.

Lysander

imported post

expvideo wrote:
Sheldon wrote:
possumboy wrote:
expvideo wrote:
genocide against the palestinians and unjustified bombings of the Lebanese.
Please provide cites.
You forgot and story links.... But seriously the only stories I have read in the paper, or seen on the tube are ones about retaliatory or preemptive strikes against military targets. Granted collateral damage is important to the U.S. it is only somewhat so with the Israelis. If they find someone or something they want badly and they (it) are hiding (hid) in a saymosque they (Israel) will attack with full prejudice, and any one or thing that is there with the target is considered a collaborator and fair game just like we did in WWII.

The point is that to the Israelis, all palestinians are military targets. They claim that they are retaliating or preemptively striking, but they aren't doing it against military targets. They retaliate against the civilians and preemptively strike with little discretion for whether anyone is actually involved in any resistance. They treat the Palestinians horribly. It seems that they use "retaliation" or "preemptive strikes" as excuses to commit acts of violence against the palestinians. Not to mention that the military stands by while the Israeli civilians beat and threaten the palestinians, but if the palestinians stand up to them, the military "puts down the uprising" so to speak.
Talk about inversion!

Explain Sderot. Actually, don't bother. Whatever you do explain will need to be read through a mirror while hanging upside down to even aproach the truth.

Thousands of ungided (V-2 like) rockets targetting everything "thataways" versus lower-powered precision munitions that can blow up a car carrying a terrorist while leaving the surrounding area unscathed.

If Israel really wanted to wipe out those in the West Bank and Gaza (left that way by Jordan and Egypt, respectively), it probably wouldn't hve taken the more than forty years they've had to do it in.

Unless you think Pallywood is real.

Prepost Edit:

Why am I stupid? I made a point about how the constant persecution of the Jews over the last 2000 years is not an excuse for them to abuse the palestinians. I didn't say that they don't deserve their own country, or their right to defend themselves, or recognition of their persecutions. I said that no amount of persecution from Christians will ever justify their treatment of the palestinians or their bombings of Lebanon. Now please tell me how this makes me stupid.
No, but you're confusing one side with the other. You "grant" (thanks!) their right to self defense, but wildly mischaracterize it.

[sub]Nothing in the above message constitutes Legal Advice. Material is provided for informational/entertainment or other purposes and is not intended to constitute or be relied upon as Legal Advice. This is not an offer to form an attorney-client relationship. This is not advertising, nor intended to be such. While I am an attorney, I am NOT YOUR attorney.[/sub]