• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

La Crosse or surounding counties up for a share and compare?

phred

Bow

I am involved with a group that helps out at Treehaven near Rhinelander/Tomahawk for a Becoming an Outdoors Woman (BOW). The women are able to shoot handguns - single and double action, both revolvers and pistols - in many calibers; rifles - all types of actions and calibers; and muzzle-loaders too. We start them out with 22s and they work themselves up to what ever they feel comfortable with. A lot of questions are asked and positive insights are taken away. For many women this is just the first step in shooting firearms and they are all encouraged to continue the journey. There are also many other outdoor topics/sessions for the women to get involved in besides shooting. They are usually held the last weekend in August and about mid-February. UWSP puts on the program.

professor gun

I am involved with a group that helps out at Treehaven near Rhinelander/Tomahawk for a Becoming an Outdoors Woman (BOW). The women are able to shoot handguns - single and double action, both revolvers and pistols - in many calibers; rifles - all types of actions and calibers; and muzzle-loaders too. We start them out with 22s and they work themselves up to what ever they feel comfortable with. A lot of questions are asked and positive insights are taken away. For many women this is just the first step in shooting firearms and they are all encouraged to continue the journey. There are also many other outdoor topics/sessions for the women to get involved in besides shooting. They are usually held the last weekend in August and about mid-February. UWSP puts on the program.

I have heard a lot of positives about this program. I know some women who have attended these events.