• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

LEO gave me a ticket...

MR Redenck

Have any of you with such strongly held opinions about how every professional involved in this case; the police, the Judge, the prosecutor, the defense atty, the jury of gun owners, and apparently the local paper (who made a huge deal out of Kirby but said very little about Watson) were undertrained, idiotic, overzealous and such, but the seemingly naive (Sorry warolla, but some of your posts suggest you're new to this) college kid did nothing wrong - ever read the police reports or trial transcripts on this case?

Maybe some of you have an inside track to the details and are comfortable with the characterizations, but I have to believe Kirby and Watson aren't the only open carriers in Vancouver, but they're the ones being convicted. (Sorry, Kirb, not exactly sure of how yours ended but it didn't sound good.) I'd just like to be sure of my target before I start pulling the trigger.

If those of you who've already squeezed a few rounds off know something about the prosecution's version of events, share with the rest of us.

Your the kind of people who needs to be punched in the face, more than once.

amzbrady

Your the kind of people who needs to be punched in the face, more than once.

Wow, now theres a mature response showing the kind of restraint needed as an adult that is allowed to carry a firearm. By any chance does Texas still allow you to carry a firearm with an assult and battery charge? Instead of putting him down for his response, how about doing the mature thing and posting a polite response with your own opinion showing him how his has flaws.

Last edited:

amzbrady

Not while charged, and not for five years after conviction:

Sec. 411.172. ELIGIBILITY.
(a) A person is eligible for a license to carry a concealed handgun if the person:

(4) is not charged with the commission of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense, or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense, or of a felony under an information or indictment;

(8) has not, in the five years preceding the date of application, been convicted of a Class A or Class B misdemeanor or equivalent offense or of an offense under Section 42.01, Penal Code, or equivalent offense;

LOL, that wasn't rhetorical, that was sarcasm after the "Your the kind of people who needs to be punched in the face, more than once." comment

amzbrady

LOL, that wasn't rhetorical, that was sarcasm after the "Your the kind of people who needs to be punched in the face, more than once." comment

Maybe it was rhetorical sarcasm...

sar·casm

 [sahr-kaz-uh
thinsp.png
m]–noun
1. harsh or bitter derision or irony.

2. a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

rhet·o·ric

  [ret-er-ik]–noun
1. (in writing or speech) the undue use of exaggeration or display; bombast.

rhe·tor·i·cal

 [ri-tawr-i-kuh
thinsp.png
l, -tor-]–adjective
1. used for, belonging to, or concerned with mere style or effect.

bom·bast

  [bom-bast]–noun
1. speech too pompous for an occasion; pretentious words.

:p

Last edited:

w07rolla

Hey everyone, time for an update...sorry about the delay been busy with classes. A few Fridays ago I met with Drew for the first time at our hearing. Unfortunately it was not a success! Drew can Probably provide better details than I can. After talking to Drew, I would like to continue to fight this, especially now that I'm at state level! Now I am trying to find a good appeal lawyer (I think that's what Drew called em), so that they can apply for the appeal...and hopefully accept it!

Josh

amzbrady

Hey everyone, time for an update...sorry about the delay been busy with classes. A few Fridays ago I met with Drew for the first time at our hearing. Unfortunately it was not a success! Drew can Probably provide better details than I can. After talking to Drew, I would like to continue to fight this, especially now that I'm at state level! Now I am trying to find a good appeal lawyer (I think that's what Drew called em), so that they can apply for the appeal...and hopefully accept it!

Josh

Just my opinion, but you should maybe try contacting John Pierce and seeing if he has an out of state lawyer who might take your case pro bono, just to fight for the cause. There has to be some lawyer out there who is big on our 2A and feels strongly enough to fight for it.

w07rolla

Just my opinion, but you should maybe try contacting John Pierce and seeing if he has an out of state lawyer who might take your case pro bono, just to fight for the cause. There has to be some lawyer out there who is big on our 2A and feels strongly enough to fight for it.

I will send him a pm and see if he knows anyone. I agree with you, it would be nice to have a good 2A pro Bono lawyer...especially for the application of the appeal, since there is the possibility that it could be denied.

Josh

amlevin

Josh

Have you contacted the SAF?

Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005
Voice: 425-454-7012
Toll Free: 800-426-4302
FAX: 425-451-3959

This might well be a case they are interested in. If they are, they have more than one or two attorneys that would know their way around an appeal.

Jim675

Founder's Club Member

Josh

Very sorry to hear that Josh! Please keep us informed as you figure what's next.

sudden valley gunner

Depressing. This is why I believe in many ways our system is simply broken. Josh and other citizens shouldn't have to spend a ton of money for what is right.

It shows a personal bias on this judges part, shame on him.

BigDave

Opt-Out Members
Depressing. This is why I believe in many ways our system is simply broken. Josh and other citizens shouldn't have to spend a ton of money for what is right.

We have not even heard a critique on the appeal process Josh and Drew did not succeed.
How can one make a statement of it being a personal bias?

I am sure many here would like to hear more about what occurred in this last appeal.

Cisco

I have a friend that was charged with DUI and yes he was drunk as a skunk. :shock: On advice of his lawyer he waived his right to a speedy trial and kept asking for delays. In fact he kept getting the trial put of for well over a year and during that time he obtained a drivers licens from another state in case his was revoked in this state. (Yes I know it was illegal but he did it anyway). After all the delays the state finally gave up and dropped the case. :what:I know, bad example but the say NEVER wiave your right to a speedy trail doesn't always work, especially if you are guilty.

You need better friends...

amlevin

We have not even heard a critique on the appeal process Josh and Drew did not succeed.
How can one make a statement of it being a personal bias?

I am sure many here would like to hear more about what occurred in this last appeal.

As I understand, Josh was convicted in a trial that involved a Judge, a Prosecutor, a Defense Attorney, a Jury, and a Law that he was being prosecuted under.

In order for one to successfully appeal they have to show that one of those either committed a reversible error or the Law was flawed.

In order to place any blame for this not turning out the way everyone wanted, it would seem that more information is needed. We all hate the law and would like it repealed or changed but without actually reading the transcript of the trial we really don't know much, do we? As from the beginning, I get the feeling that something is not being said. Apparently Olypendrew is not able to proceed, again raising the question, Why?

sudden valley gunner

As I understand, Josh was convicted in a trial that involved a Judge, a Prosecutor, a Defense Attorney, a Jury, and a Law that he was being prosecuted under.

In order for one to successfully appeal they have to show that one of those either committed a reversible error or the Law was flawed.

In order to place any blame for this not turning out the way everyone wanted, it would seem that more information is needed. We all hate the law and would like it repealed or changed but without actually reading the transcript of the trial we really don't know much, do we? As from the beginning, I get the feeling that something is not being said. Apparently Olypendrew is not able to proceed, again raising the question, Why?

Because it is clearly not a violation of law, they "interpret" the law to their personal biases convince a jury he broke the law according to their interpretation.

The "law" in my opinion has simply become a joke, and a tool for oppression.

The perversion of what the founder set up to be a reprieve for the people have turned into a government/law enforcement tool. Hey it's done nationally with the men and black right on down to the local level.

It matters to me not that a jury convicted him, we are not a democracy and rights are supposed to reign supreme not the "opinion" of men.

Of course without the written decision of the judge this is just my own frustration with the system and my personal observations of how it has been working. The law and order people (mostly with R's in their political beliefs) are part of the problem in whole heartedly believing and going along with how the "system" works.(Oh and don't get me going on the D's )

I hope you are able to take this all the way Josh I will do what I can do to help. I also think it is time for us to start reversing the beast of "prosecutor" and law enforcement effect in our lives and society.

Last edited: