• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

MAINE'S OC GET TOGETHER - April 25th in Portland!

boyscout399

imported post

I thought there were no fees involved if it was a 1st amendment gathering according to your last contact with Ted Musgrave?

boyscout399

imported post

We also want to make sure that if there are any protesters of our get together, we do not talk to them or give them fuel. We have to make sure we mind our own business and only discuss with people that come up to us with honest questions.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yeah, they are trying to get us to not have it... it's not going to work. Heres the deal: I'm going to have my event with 24 people. If more people show up they will have their separate event which just happens to be next to mine. If you would like to cook food please feel free to, and if you would like to share, again please feel free! This is America after all. I highly doubt they will give us any issues seeing as there will be so much media attention and there is going to be more than 25 people at the soccer games that are going on. We will see, we are definitely the underdogs here fellas, we must hold ourselves to a higher standard! I'm being interviewed by everybody and their brother, my phone hasn't stopped ringing all day. So far, so good though!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

shanebelanger wrote:
Oh, and boyscout, they have been askin me about you, so please be there!
That will make it a boyscout picnic - right? :lol:

Yata hey

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

100% :) haha I keep using that line over and over again.... i'm going to be on WGME 13's morning news program at 8 on friday! and NECN just interviewed me! Lifes getting very hectic! This has to go off smoothly! Remember, warm and fuzzy! :-D

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

shanebelanger wrote:
so what do you think guys? rate me, tell me how i can improve so that i can really get this interview on friday morning! It's live
Dry run every leading or negative question that you can dream up.

Look at the interviewer, not the camera, smile and speak positively.

Be yourself and don't be hesitant. Just be calm and even.

Better put your hairdresser and make up people on notice. :lol:

You'll do great - your voice has a natural resonance to it and comes across very mature.

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate

boyscout399

imported post

so what's the deal with the permit? How come it costs money now? 1st amendment rally cannot cost money. We have the right to peaceably assemble and a right cannot be charged for.

shanebelanger

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

If you assemble with 25 or more people you need a permit. But like I said, the way around that is to simply have one event held by me, and have another separate event held by someone else with 24 people at each. Like I said, they are just trying to throw wrenches into the soup.

boyscout399

imported post

I understand the need for the permit, they can issue the permit if we request it, but if it's a 1st amendment gathering, your contact with the city said it would be a FREE permit...

Deuce1911

imported post

i just wanted to take the time to say that im really excited about all of this! i want to thank everyone, especially shane, for kicking this off. i cant wait! wOOt!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Deuce1911 wrote:
i just wanted to take the time to say that im really excited about all of this! i want to thank everyone, especially shane, for kicking this off. i cant wait! wOOt!
It has been a long time coming. Sure is a lot easier to talk about it, than doing it. Yet isn't that difficult either - if you build it they will come. :)

Yata hey

Justified

imported post

I'm a local attorney at a large law firm and willing to help in that capacity if the need should arise. Good luck with the event.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Justified wrote:
I'm a local attorney at a large law firm and willing to help in that capacity if the need should arise. Good luck with the event.
That is a most generous offer.

Yata hey