• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

May Tidewater opencarry dinner

Gunfixr

imported post

I'm presuming this dinner is next week on Thurs. the 17th at the Cracker Barrel in Hampton, which is on Mercury Blvd. Is this correct? What time?

RussP

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
...Anyone interested in attending the Richmond dining out on the 15th at 7PM at Pino's in the Meadowdale Shopping Center next to the Food Lion?
I need to login here more often. I'm about a half-mile from Pino's but we already have family plans that night.:cry:

Kevin108

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
Wow... now im impressed. When we started this over a year ago i never thought i would be the talk on other message boards.

Then, as fate would have it, you poured a drink for a GlockTalk regular. :cool:

I posted over there in Glockers of the Old Dominion to see if anybody over there knew about this site and/or was interested in going too.

I still plan on being there. My girlfriend's working until 10:30 that night so I'll be solo.

bayboy42

imported post

Well according to my Norwegian Translator, Dutch Said:

Helga, I adores The! Ver said clever and comma supplemented evening paper along with us!

Dutch........can you give exact translation?Q?Q?Q

Bubba Ron

imported post

bayboy42 wrote:

Helga, I adores The! Ver said clever and comma supplemented evening paper along with us!

Now that's a great job Troy :shock: I hope Dutch will enlighten us on Thursday.

Bubba Ron

imported post

RussP wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
...Anyone interested in attending the Richmond dining out on the 15th at 7PM at Pino's in the Meadowdale Shopping Center next to the Food Lion?
I need to login here more often. I'm about a half-mile from Pino's but we already have family plans that night.:cry:
RussP, we really like Pino'sand I was trying to stir up some interest in our Tidewater folks that might be interested in taking a ride Tuesday evening before our Thursday night out. We might still get there....

sitedzn

imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
RussP wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
RussP, we really like Pino'sand I was trying to stir up some interest in our Tidewater folks that might be interested in taking a ride Tuesday evening before our Thursday night out. We might still get there....
the more definite you can be about coming the better. seems like we may have to call in for more tables and seats as we've about maxed what is being prepared already (tables for 16).

Bubba Ron

imported post

sitedzn wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
RussP wrote:
Bubba Ron wrote:
the more definite you can be about coming the better. seems like we may have to call in for more tables and seats as we've about maxed what is being prepared already (tables for 16).
I'll let you know as soon as I know. :)

sitedzn

imported post

we've been asked to let them know no later than Monday.

hope to see you there! i'll be the one with a .40 and a 4-month old:D

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bubba Ron wrote:
bayboy42 wrote:

Now that's a great job Troy :shock: I hope Dutch will enlighten us on Thursday.
I'll admit my Norwegian is very rusty, but if you'll find someone who actually speaks Norsk rather than some online translator, I said

"Helga, I love you! Please come to dinner with us!"

( My Norwegian cousin said I should have written "elske", not "elsker" but give me a break, guys. It's been 40 years since I've spoken to a woman in Norwegian.... At this point, I guess I only know enough Norwegian to get my face slapped.:?

MSgt B

imported post

I can find Norway on a map.

Where's the Cracker Barrel on Mercury?

I've only been to the one up on Jefferson by Patrick Henry. Mmmmm......cornbread muffins.

Hey Darth.... Wife and I are going to the swap meet at LGC on Saturday (tomorrow), we also hope to hit the 50 yd range toplink with the .22 and the M-4. Drop by if you like, we should be there around 10 ish.

Gunfixr

imported post

The Cracker Barrel on Mercury is at the light where you would turn to go down to Bass Pro shops. The Lowes is also down there. The street name is PowerPlant Pkwy. Its right next to the Interstate but on the opposite side of the Interstatefrom the Coliseum. If you are coming from the Southside, you will se Bass Pro on your left before the exit. Cracker Barrel is right on the corner. If you were coming off the Interstate you would want the exit going to the James River Bridge. At the first light, turn left. It is right there on the right. I haven't used that exit in a while, you may have a bunch of lanes to cross. The light is about 50 yds up Mercury after you get on.They just recently redid the entire cloverleaf. If you still get off the way you used to, you'll come out under the overpass and come up to the light. There is a left turn light only before the intersection. Go past this to the intersection and turn left there.

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ok since no one is making a decision, I will. The May Tidewater area OC dinner will occur at 7pm, 17 May at the Cracker Barrel in Hampton, VA. The address is 106 Marketplace Drive, Hampton, VA 23666 We usually meet in the parking lot a few minutes prior to 7 and then all stroll in together. See everybody there.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
Ok since no one is making a decision, I will. The May Tidewater area OC dinner will occur at 7pm, 17 May at the Cracker Barrel in Hampton, VA. The address is 106 Marketplace Drive, Hampton, VA 23666 We usually meet in the parking lot a few minutes prior to 7 and then all stroll in together. See everybody there.
MapQuest does not like the aboveaddress.It looked like Gunfixer had very good directions to the Craker Barrel near Bass ProShops - are they the same place?

Kevin108

imported post

Try 2201 W Mercury Blvd.

cracker.jpg

Gunfixr

imported post

Looking at the map, it looks right. It's right on that corner. Looks like I'll be there. About 15 min. early. Should have wife and kids in tow. If you guys are VCDL, I'm probably going to recognize half of you.

Edited to add: There is one in Newport News, but that is the only one I know of on Mercury Blvd.